Wesnoth 1.13.0

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Astoria
Inactive Developer

Re: Wesnoth 1.13.0

Post by Astoria »

beetlenaut wrote:This is intentional I think, but it does look like a bug since it happens for just a few units. I'm definitely not a fan of the change.
Me neither.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

according to this post by the the one who implemented it http://forum.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?p=574422#p574465 it was just an experiment and can be reverted it there is mostly negative feedback.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

This is different though. The feature was meant for sprites like the Fire Dragon's, but since the cavalryman had a canvas twice the size of a regular unit, it became a byproduct of this feature. It's not that the feature is bad (I actually like the feature), but artists should make sure they don't use a canvas size bigger than 72x72 unless it's necessary.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Kraus wrote:Bug report:

In Northern Rebirth scenario 2 the scenario won't end even though I reach the dwarf lord. Bringin Tallin next to him or within his LoS won't help.
I just tested, and it works fine for me. Do you have a replay?
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
Kraus

Post by Kraus »

Added replay as an attachment. I haven't done them before, I hope it works.

Once I meet Hamel the dialogue about growing crops under the mountain plays, but after that the scenario just continues. Bringing Tallin next to him does nothing.

The objectives say:
Victory: Speak to Hamel.

Also, the defeat conditions say there's only 35 turns, while the scenario actually shows 55 turns.
Attachments
NR-Breaking_the_Chains_replay.gz
(30.99 KiB) Downloaded 590 times
"Oh, to the hades with the manners - he's a complete [censored], and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De'Arnise
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

Wrong replay?
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
Kraus

Post by Kraus »

Yes, sorry about that.
Attachments
NR-Infested_Caves_replay.gz
(65.14 KiB) Downloaded 613 times
"Oh, to the hades with the manners - he's a complete [censored], and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De'Arnise
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Hm... I'm really not sure why that happened. I checked the code again, and everything looks fine...
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
Kraus

Post by Kraus »

Well, I retracked back half the scenario by save states (I usually set them to hold one turn only, but thankfully I didn't this time) and went on to decimate the enemy leaders. So that took me correctly to the next scenario.

It's a funny piece of dialogue - I never even met Hamel when the wizard comes hopping in, and he's still a part of the exchange of words. That's some weird consistency when you can finish a largish scenario without ever meeting some of the key figures of the campaign.

Weird bug, seems consistent:

When I try to dismiss any units from my recall list the game crashes.
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Assertion failed!

Program: [file location]
File: src\sunced_context.cpp
Line: 214

Expression: get_suncer_state() == SYNCED

For information blah blah.
Is this my computers problem or in the game?
-Nalia De'Arnise
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

Kraus wrote:Is this my computers problem or in the game?
The game: this is bug #23510 [Gna.org].
Xara

Post by Xara »

Has anyone mentioned that the 70% experience modifier is mistakenly introduced into the SP campaigns?
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Xara wrote:Has anyone mentioned that the 70% experience modifier is mistakenly introduced into the SP campaigns?
We did notice, but nobody submitted a bug report before the announcement text was finished; there is one now, though (#23509 [Gna.org]). It’s thought to share a root cause with #23461 [Gna.org] (“sticky” shroud setting), #23462 [Gna.org] (unexpected random initial ToD), and #23496 [Gna.org] (unexpected random leader genders).
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Under the Burning Suns

Kaleh can hide on mountain hexes with camouflage

A Subterranean Struggle
A troll flame caster went to 43,20 (that is the dwarvish side) which I believe is not intended
if I remember right, Kaleh was supposed to get slowed when “Cloaked Figure” appears. He does not get slowed.

In the Tunnels of the Trolls
in the crypt of the trolls you still suffer the 4 dmg per turn
when reaching the troll burial grounds, one of the troll guardians spawns in a cave wall
If you kill the Troll leader and he is the last troll alive, he says “Der big troll is dead. Run for your lives!” (I suspect this is not intended and I think its weird that the german word “Der” is there)

Out of the Frying Pan
Dust Devil and Kromph do not trigger any events (I could let those two roam outside of the cave without Eloh/Humans appearing and they cant pick up the gold left behind by the humans in the outpost)
The Human Messengers don’t move (they only attack if I move next to them)

PS: all bugs I reported were found on the highest difficulty of each campaign
Xara

Post by Xara »

As I often get "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET" in gna.org, I decided to report bugs here.
In DID:
1. In scenario "A Haunting in Winter", the Dwarvish spotting enemy words are spoken by a ghost, or skipped if no ghost is recruited.
2. In scenario "A Small Favor", the alert is triggered when a guardian is sighted by the player.
3. In scenario "Alone at Last", Darken Volk only recruited for one turn. He went out to grab a village, and stayed there, till his death.
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Northern Rebirth
“Breaking the Chains”
no early finish bonus

“Infested Caves”
the first dwarf who is recruited begins a dialogue with Tallin, I believe that this is realted to bug #23458
Mal That, the white undead leader, moves in turn one to take the village on 21,8 and moves in the second turn to the keep on 23,11 and stays there → he can recruit only one unit per turn and consequently dying in turn 7 vs the brown trolls

the Dwarvish Stalwarts impair greatly Hamels income → they hurt him more then they are of use