Unit War

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Unit War

Post by Paulomat4 »

how about a survival event? up to six players against each other, and you gain xp by the order of death.
1st player to die gets nothing,
second get 1xp,
3rd gets 3xp,
4th gets 5xp,
5th gets 10xp
and winning player gets 15xp.
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
darkeye28

Post by darkeye28 »

Paulomat4 wrote:how about a survival event? up to six players against each other, and you gain xp by the order of death.
1st player to die gets nothing,
second get 1xp,
3rd gets 3xp,
4th gets 5xp,
5th gets 10xp
and winning player gets 15xp.
Good idea, I will only change a bit the xp values...
1th: 0 xp
2th: 8 xp
3th: 12 xp
4th: 16 xp
5th: 20 xp
Winner: 30 xp
Why give so high amounts of xp? Because I want this tournament to take a whole month, so I can have a bit of time to make it (I will make a arena just for this every tournament). Also what you guys think about a game that you play with 500 gold (not 200)?
Why are you reading this? Are you stupid? There is nothing to see here, stop reading this now! Or I will... Anyway, do you like One Piece?
darkeye28

Post by darkeye28 »

Raijer wrote:I challenge pe_em and iceice. What happens if i beat 2 persons that have 1 unit more than me ? +14 (12+2) exp ?

About the rules: i think getting to choose another unit instead of an advancement would be good, though the original rules had it written precisely enough: "when it reaches AMLA, you will be able to choose either one advancement you miss or a new unit of the same faction.
Ok necromancer you won and get 12 xp, +4xp from pe_em and +4xp from iceiceice... so you get 33/35 xp...

link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zo0i8 ... _replay.gz
Why are you reading this? Are you stupid? There is nothing to see here, stop reading this now! Or I will... Anyway, do you like One Piece?
Implementor37

Post by Implementor37 »

Speed-up suggestion: Reduce or Eliminate the time-limit on challenges. Just you can't challenge the same person before challenging two others first.

I challenge iceiceice. (Do i get bonus xp for beating a lvl2? :p) When I advance (eventually), I would like the Drake Flare FYI.
Author of End of the Legion, available now on the 1.12 and 1.13 servers!
Supporter of the addition of the Aragwaithi into mainline.
iceiceice

Post by iceiceice »

Speed up suggestion: Use a % XP modifier.

You seem to be using the XP values for units that are listed at units.wesnoth.org. That's the 100% setting. However I think most default era multiplayer games are played at the 70% setting. I don't know that anyone usually plays games with the 100% setting.

"Fast" games like Royal Rumble or Sacrificed Survival are played with a much smaller setting, like 30% or 20% or something.

But it's probably a little late to change it... having more rounds / more xp bonus is probably fine :)
darkeye28

Post by darkeye28 »

Implementor37 wrote:Speed-up suggestion: Reduce or Eliminate the time-limit on challenges. Just you can't challenge the same person before challenging two others first.

I challenge iceiceice. (Do i get bonus xp for beating a lvl2? :p) When I advance (eventually), I would like the Drake Flare FYI.
It looks like dragons like to eat orcs, you win (31+4xp= 35/43 xp)
Drake flare? ok, if you want to change tell me...

link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/d5w64 ... /war_15.gz
iceiceice wrote:Speed up suggestion: Use a % XP modifier.

You seem to be using the XP values for units that are listed at units.wesnoth.org. That's the 100% setting. However I think most default era multiplayer games are played at the 70% setting. I don't know that anyone usually plays games with the 100% setting.

"Fast" games like Royal Rumble or Sacrificed Survival are played with a much smaller setting, like 30% or 20% or something.

But it's probably a little late to change it... having more rounds / more xp bonus is probably fine :)
well, I play with 60% :lol: , but I will use the original values because, it will take to long to calculate the % (I will have to open a calculator and do [xp/70%] to every unit... better just look in this site: http://units.wesnoth.org/1.12/mainline/ ... fault.html

EDIT: also iceiceice get 1 xp for loosing...
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

I challenge Whiskeyjack and Paulomat4. If i level up, i want to get the deathblade.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
darkeye28

Post by darkeye28 »

Raijer wrote:I challenge Whiskeyjack and Paulomat4. If i level up, i want to get the deathblade.
Great job not loosing necromancer, here is you prizes: A Deathblade, 10/100xp, giving 4 extra xp for enemies that kill you, the 3th place (you are the 3th to get a level 2 unit) and a challenge against me (I challenge you again).

link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/gr1ht ... _replay.gz

also Whiskeyjack and Paulomat4 get 1 xp each...
darkeye28

Post by darkeye28 »

Well I won agains Raijer, now I have 28/54xp (not bad), also Raijer get 1xp...

link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/amn77 ... _replay.gz
iceiceice

Post by iceiceice »

I forgot to challenge... I challenge darkeye28 and WhiskeyJack again.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Ok, my units 1vs1 knowledge seems terrible and I chose a weak unit, but at least everyone challenges me for +1s, which is nice :D

I challenge darkeye28´s mage.

Edit: I also want in on the random event.
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
darkeye28

Post by darkeye28 »

iceiceice wrote:I forgot to challenge... I challenge darkeye28 and WhiskeyJack again.
Ok you win, but I get 1 xp :P
stats:
iceiceice: 20 xp
me: 29 xp
small guard: 6 xp

link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3bk3v ... _replay.gz
Last edited by darkeye28 on April 17th, 2015, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darkeye28

Post by darkeye28 »

Whiskeyjack wrote:Ok, my units 1vs1 knowledge seems terrible and I chose a weak unit, but at least everyone challenges me for +1s, which is nice :D

I challenge darkeye28´s mage.

Edit: I also want in on the random event.
Finally, you win!! (sad that is against me :( ), but you win, so you get... 8 XP, congrats.

link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6ak1l ... _replay.gz
darkeye28

Post by darkeye28 »

roll the dice numbers: 1 and 2 (me vs Raj), well I think I will win this one :P .
NOTE: roll the dice still give the +4 for beating a level 2 player.
darkeye28

Post by darkeye28 »

Well I won again, humm, if Raj win against me I will give him 0,1 extra xp :lol:
ok so I get 10 + 4 xp, I think I will level up soon...