Unit War

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

darkeye28

Unit War

Post by darkeye28 »

I have one idea for a game, it is quite simple, you choses any level 1 unit from default era (from Wesnoth), and challenge anyone with an unit on this forum (like me), then I will create a scenario with two sides (the scenario will be generated randomly), the first is the challenger, it will only be able to recruit his own unit, same for the second side, I will make a battle of this scenario (IA vs IA) and the winner get 8 xp, when the unit advances, you will be able to recruit one of it advancements (your choice) when it reach ALMA you can choose either one advancement you miss (if you choose Elvish Hero you can choose Elvish Captain, and then you will get Elvish Marshal) or a new unit of the same faction. The first one to get all units of his faction win.
Also you can challenge two persons to 1vs1vs1 fights, you will get 12 xp if you won this.
NOTE: All team leaders will be Elvish Ladys.
NOTE 2: All teams start with 200 gold.
NOTE 3: Due Rebels and Loyalists needing too many unit, they will only need to get 25 units to win.
NOTE 4: You can only challenge someone once every 4 days (to prevent abuse). [changed]
Also I will give 1 xp for each battle lost (Idea from Whiskeyjack for make the game faster), also winning a battle against someone with more units that you will give you 4 extra xp for the difference of units between you and your enemy (E.g. you has 3 unit and your enemy has 5, so you receive 8 extra xp if you win). [changed]
Well let start: I am a mage (Loyalists).
Extra: new players start with 50% xp (rounded up).
Spoiler:
Score table
-----Player-----|---------Units----------|--Xp---| Wins----| Loses-- | Faction---------------------|Bonus
darkeye28------| Mage-----------------|24/150--|4(2)2(3)|30-------|Loyalists (3 unit)----------|+32
------------------|White Mage
------------------|Mage of Light
Implementor37|Drake Burner---------|57/150|5(2)1(3)|6-------|Drakes (3 units)--------------|+4
------------------|Drake Flare
------------------|Drake Flameheart
pe_em----------|Dwarvish Ulfserker--|45/100-|5(2)3(3)-|20-------|Knalgan Alliance (4 units)-|+?
------------------|Dwarvish Berserker
------------------|Gryphon Rider
------------------|Gryphon Master
iceiceice-------|Orcish Grunt---------|102/150|7(3)1(2)--|16-------|Northerners (3 units)----|+0
------------------|Orcish Warrior------|
------------------|Orcish Warlord
Paulomat4-----|Spearman-------------|49/54---|4(2)7(3)--|7-------|Loyalists (3 unit)----------|+12
------------------|Javelineer
------------------|Mage
Whiskeyjack---|Dwarvish Guardsman|66/150--|9(2)2(3)-|18-------|Knalgan Alliance (3 unit)|+24
------------------|Dwarvish Stalwart
------------------|Dwarvish Sentinel
Raijer----------|Skeleton--------------|84/100--|13(3)-------|11-------|Undead (4 units)----------|+24
-----------------|Deathblade
-----------------|Ghost
-----------------|Wraith
Konrad2-------|Heavy Infantryman--|37/150---|1(2)3(3)--|11--------|Loyalists (3 unit)---------|+24
-----------------|Shock Trooper
-----------------|Iron Mauler

Games
Roll the Dice: Every Saturday, I will use this site: https://www.random.org/ to choose two players to fight randomly, these fights will give 20xp [changed] (not 8xp), but its a random fight so you have only a few chances of winning, anyone who want to participate this event PM me or reply this topic.
Participants:
1 darkeye28 (1 win +14xp)
2 Raijer (1 win +10xp)
3 pe_em (1 win +10xp)
4 Implementor37 (1 win +10xp)
5 iceiceice (1 win +20xp)
6 Paulomat4
7 Whiskeyjack
8 Konrad2
Team Battles
A 2vs2 battle one team can challenge another team to a battle twice (one for each player) every 2 weeks, you get 16xp for both players if you team win.
I will use https://www.random.org/ to pick team leaders (those that pick a partner and challenge someone) every 2 weeks, if you want to enter this game reply this topic or pm me.
Participants:
1 darkeye28
2 Konrad2 (1º leader)
3 Implementor37 (2º leader)
4 Whiskeyjack
5 Paulomat4
6 Raijer (3º leader)
7 pe_em
8 iceiceice
Teams:
1 Whiskeyjack and pe_em (1 win)
2 Konrad2 and Implementor37 (4 win)
3 Paulomat4 and Raijer (1 win)
4 darkeye28 and iceiceice (2 win)
Teams 2:
Konrad2 and Paulomat4 (2 win)
Implementor37 and pe_em (2 win)
darkeye28 and Raijer (2 win)
Whiskeyjack and iceiceice (2 win)
NOTE: games looses don't count as normal looses (it will not be added to the Score Table), so you don't get the 1 xp, also Roll the Dice give the extra xp for beating a superior player (player with more units) but Team Battles don't give any extra xp.
Last edited by darkeye28 on June 4th, 2015, 8:38 pm, edited 141 times in total.
Why are you reading this? Are you stupid? There is nothing to see here, stop reading this now! Or I will... Anyway, do you like One Piece?
Implementor37

Re: Unit War

Post by Implementor37 »

Alright. These battles will be fought by AI, (and not humans too save time) with you posting replays, right?
I am a Drake Burner (Drakes). I challenge darkeye28.
Author of End of the Legion, available now on the 1.12 and 1.13 servers!
Supporter of the addition of the Aragwaithi into mainline.
darkeye28

Post by darkeye28 »

Implementor37 won the battle against me (darkeye28)
now he has 8/43 xp with his Drake Burner.
Why are you reading this? Are you stupid? There is nothing to see here, stop reading this now! Or I will... Anyway, do you like One Piece?
pe_em

Post by pe_em »

I am the Dwarvish Ulfserker challenging darkeye's Mage :P

PS. Better paste replays here.
darkeye28

Post by darkeye28 »

pe_em won against me, so his Dwarvish Ulfserker has 8/42 xp now

PS: I will upload the replays on MediaFire, here is the link of this battle: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cscqe ... _replay.gz
pe_em

Post by pe_em »

Sooo... I'd like to challenge two units: darkeye's Mage and Implementor's Drake Burner :mrgreen: I mean a 1v1v1 battle
darkeye28

Post by darkeye28 »

well, you need to wait seven days to challenge someone, but i will make one exception today, you won so you have 20/42 xp
here is the replay: http://www.mediafire.com/download/tbdtg ... /war_2_.gz
also I noted that this topic has been moved, can someone explain why?
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Because Forum Games is for forum games (i.e. games played using the forum board itself as a platform), not for Wesnoth games.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
iceiceice

Post by iceiceice »

Heh, I didn't see this before.

Ok, I choose goblin spearman, and I challenge pe_em.
Oops didn't read carefully enough.

Ok I choose Orcish Grunt and challenge pe_em and darkeye28 in 1 v 1 v 1.
darkeye28

Post by darkeye28 »

shadowm wrote:Because Forum Games is for forum games (i.e. games played using the forum board itself as a platform), not for Wesnoth games.
Thanks, I was just curious.
iceiceice wrote:Heh, I didn't see this before.

Ok, I choose goblin spearman, and I challenge pe_em.
Oops didn't read carefully enough.

Ok I choose Orcish Grunt and challenge pe_em and darkeye28 in 1 v 1 v 1.
Ok you won, so you have 12/42 xp, here is the link to the replay:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xdqeu ... h/war_3.gz
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

hey,
I choose Spearman and challenge implementor37 and darkeye28 in 1 vs 1 vs 1
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
darkeye28

Post by darkeye28 »

Paulomat4 wrote:hey,
I choose Spearman and challenge implementor37 and darkeye28 in 1 vs 1 vs 1
Implementor37 won this battle (he got lucky) and now have 20/43xp.

Just waiting an undead unit show up, so i will finally win a battle.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4ald2 ... 5/war_4.gz
iceiceice

Post by iceiceice »

I have a question about the rules, does it mean that I have to level up a naga somehow? These maps don't have much water so I don't think a naga could beat any of the units. It looks like loyalists and rebels got an exception since they don't have to play all their units so they don't have to pick a fish. :hmm:
darkeye28

Post by darkeye28 »

iceiceice wrote:I have a question about the rules, does it mean that I have to level up a naga somehow? These maps don't have much water so I don't think a naga could beat any of the units. It looks like loyalists and rebels got an exception since they don't have to play all their units so they don't have to pick a fish. :hmm:
I am a good guy, I will add a bit of water every time there is a water unit (using the island setting), also I will change the positions of the 1vs1vs1 mode, to make the maps more balanced.
But this is just because the IA is not very smart, so he will recruit nagas even if there is no water, if it was a player he can just recruit others units (you don't lose any units when you level, you just get another, which gives you an advantage).
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

I choose Dwarvish Guardsman and challenge darkeye28 and pe_em.

This will take forever but somehow it seems funny.
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.