How to make your campaign mainline

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Aldarisvet
Translator

Re: How to make your campaign mainline

Post by Aldarisvet »

Thx 2 all for advices.
facebook.com/wesnothian/ - everyday something new about Wesnoth
My campaign:A Whim of Fate, also see it's prequel Zombies:Introduction
Art thread:Mostly frankenstains
dragon_99

Post by dragon_99 »

I think it's worth noting that even if you make a excellent campaign you may have not much problems:
1) Case in the language of your campaigns is likely to be one language your Radna or two. All highway campaigns have many translations.
I want to specify what i mean by creating levels which demand THINKING.

Here is a tactical idea i just get in.
There is a silver mage (villages teleporting) unit in the game, that no one use. I never seen it, at least.

So u can create level the only way to win it is to use that special ability.
For exapmple, u forces is devided in 2 parts. One part can recruite (among other level 2 units) level 2 red mages. Other part in real grave danger (and dont have ability to recruit, but control some villages). So u have to guess to upgrade u red mages by fight to silver mages, and THEN teleport them to other side which badly needs support. So one by one u teleport help and u resist on second part for 30 turns, for example.

I think the idea need to be polished, but it definetely WORTH a level.
2) If you take your task with silvering magician. 2) If you take your task with silvering magician. This reduces the likelihood of as well, because in fact it's hard. So obrozom you repeat the fate Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm. There's only one reborn units worth.
3) If you do this one without a team in the line, you will probably not get.
On the topic of basic faction's not quite true. If there is something stoyuschie it will be added on regardless. Units not very many places do not take. All major units of 7 IIB, which is very little. So I think that it does not interfere.
:hmm:
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

zookeeper wrote: Oh yes, that too. No more elf/human-centric campaigns, please (unless they're really really really good).
But I hate the drakes....

Oh, and speaking of new races and units - as long as they are not intended for multi, but are rather only for that campaign, then they can be as "unbalanced" as you want them to.
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Dugi wrote:Exceptions exist, Under the Burning Suns is mainline and has a lot of unusual stuff,
You mean the extra AMLAs? I don't think that feels that unusual; I wish in fact that they were a feature of normal gameplay (instead of just gaining a few hitpoints), specially since the mechanic is simple enough to be easily understood by newcomers (and it wouldn't really be something a player would have to deal with in the first scenarios - only when a unit progressed beyond the normal unit type progression), but I'm afraid I'm in a small minority in this one.
nuorc wrote:Personally, usually a discussion in the forum gets my attention and I then try the add-on.
Same here. I just downloaded the Carved in Stone campaign because I saw the post with its awesome new graphics in the Art Workshop forum, for instance.
taptap

Post by taptap »

tl;dr

just one point about silver mages. if you believe no one uses silver mages, odds are, that you are a quite inexperienced player. furthermore, you are certainly not acquainted with a lot of user-made-content on the server.
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
Aldarisvet
Translator

Post by Aldarisvet »

taptap wrote:tl;dr

just one point about silver mages. if you believe no one uses silver mages, odds are, that you are a quite inexperienced player. furthermore, you are certainly not acquainted with a lot of user-made-content on the server.
At least I saw no silver mages at mainlaine :D
UMC content is HUGE.
If you can tell me about UMC campaigns which uses silver mages, please do it, I would study them with interest.
taptap

Post by taptap »

Aldarisvet wrote:At least I saw no silver mages at mainlaine :D
:annoyed:

mage -> red mage -> silver mage. it is that easy. whenever i play with mages, i see them quite often.

(among umc the sojournings of grog feat. a mage in a prime role with a custom L4 gold mage as upgrade from silver mage. + there are individual scenarios both in mainline - there is one in dead water - and umc, where you control individual or multiple silver mages giving you a chance to experiment without levelling them yourself.)
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
Aldarisvet
Translator

Post by Aldarisvet »

Ok, thank you.
But often there is no sense to upgrade red made to silver mage, archmage is better. Need special circumstances in scenario to make sense for mage alone starting to teleport from village to village, instead of joining main group/groups, which just simply go and kill enemy leaders.

And actually I am not so obsessed with silver mages, there are lot of other tactical ideas.