Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Delicius169

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Delicius169 »

Also he sucks 9hitpoints if he hit enemy.
And will have +15% to his resistances in defense.
Quite strong, isnt he?
Attachments
wesnoth.JPG
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Can he run into trouble when fighting enemies?
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

I dont think so, maybe Abbadon could hurt him, but I havent tried him. Maybe black souls with lethargy/ black hounds.
He is weak in distance, and doesnt heal him self this way, I will try to send him alone against castle of demons.
Is Eagle cactus ring still in game? With this ring, I could make an amazing leader.
-----------
If you take a look on a screenshot, there is written, that skill increases resistances in attack max to 70%, but he has them on 80%.
And it is really strong skill- I would make it a bit worse.

EDIT: Champion is killable. He got surrounded by 10lvl demons, and succubus- because of her, he couldnot heal himself, and therefore died.
But it took 5rounds for them, and lots of powerfull demons (56-5 cold, 102-2arcane) to get him down.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

The Precious Eagle Cactus Fruit item is still available.

The resistances are increased to 80% because of the 'forsaken' ability, it sets the maximum to 80% (and 'zeal' ability increases it to that value). Try to attack a demon pack and see what will happen, if he survives too much, these abilities will have to be weakened.
Xargon

Post by Xargon »

Dugi wrote: @Xargon
These effects don't stack because I prevented them from stacking because it was allowing overly huge damages.
I was not talking about stacking both, but the blackguard does not receive the leadership charge even when he is not backstabbing. I guess maybe it is not possible to have it work on him, but have maximum one charge effect take effect? (i.e. have a check in one of the effects that prevents it from being applied if the other effect is already there)
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Hmm, I was experimenting with Legacy of exile, and i managed to have it on a fencer. Then i leveled him to test something, and seems like antisocial from the legacy and natural antisocial don't stack. Just by taking all the legacy's advancements, and then the 2 "remove antisocial", i get rid of both, and it's kind of overpowered.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
dpa324

Post by dpa324 »

dpa324 wrote:Yes I'm on IPhone 6, had the game for a long time now and like to play on the go
Dugi wrote:This is a known bug on the iOS port. I asked its maintainer to fix it but he had already stopped maintaining it at that time. Don't use redeem at all and you might get through it. Or copy the save file to a PC to get through the panel and get it back to the mobile. Unfortunately, I don't know how to make the add-on learn if it's being run on an iPhone, there is a way to learn if it's running on Mac, but the port for iOS isn't official and the information is not quite known. And I am not going to waste 600€ to get an iPhone to experiment.
so I've been going through fine without advancing Efraim, but I am now in chapter 8 scenario 4 where you must find the houses in the thief village, and the first house dialogue includes Efraim automatically redeeming him and therefore crashing my game. I know you aren't concerned with the IPhone version but is there anything you can do cause I'm not going to go back 3 scenarios just to replay everything, and I very much want to advance. Thank you
Xargon

Post by Xargon »

In chapter 6, the tooltip for the different day and night phases misses one phase: between First Dusk and Second Dawn, there is one night phase. Also, this phase does not have a name (i.e. there is no name displayed when you hover over the night image).
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Xargon wrote:I was not talking about stacking both, but the blackguard does not receive the leadership charge even when he is not backstabbing.
I can replicate that problem. I will have to check what's going on.
Raijer wrote:Hmm, I was experimenting with Legacy of exile, and i managed to have it on a fencer. Then i leveled him to test something, and seems like antisocial from the legacy and natural antisocial don't stack. Just by taking all the legacy's advancements, and then the 2 "remove antisocial", i get rid of both, and it's kind of overpowered.
If you will make use of the remove antisocial thing, you will have wasted the two resistance abilities that work only if there is no adjacent ally. Even without the antisocial ability, he is quite bad near allies.
dpa324 wrote:I know you aren't concerned with the IPhone version but is there anything you can do cause I'm not going to go back 3 scenarios just to replay everything, and I very much want to advance.
If you could send me a save file or access the command mode (that is, cheats), I could help you. But as far as I know, none of it is available on iPhone. In the case of iPhone, my hands are tied. dailin is the guy you have to contact.
Xargon wrote:In chapter 6, the tooltip for the different day and night phases misses one phase: between First Dusk and Second Dawn, there is one night phase. Also, this phase does not have a name (i.e. there is no name displayed when you hover over the night image).
Fixed.
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

Champion of legacy of exile can survive, if there is no female succubus next to him. Or 10 demons on 10lvl (with strong magical attack) can beat him in 3rounds?
Now I am improving his crossbow attack, to make him unbeatable. (already has 22-2, slow, poison, trickery)
dabber

Post by dabber »

Dugi, please post whatever fix you implemented for the problem of leveling on the AI turn producing no AMLA selection. I'm now hitting it all the time and repeating turns to avoid it is getting annoying.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Delicius169
I will have to make it weaker, then. Thanks for the experimentation.

@dabber
If I remember correctly, there is this line near the bottom of the file utils/global_events.cfg:
{CLEAR_VARIABLE experience_to_give,times_advanced,advancing_store,advanced}
Replace it with:
{CLEAR_VARIABLE experience_to_give,times_advanced,advancing_store}
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Typo in "Temple of ultimate evil": Lethalia says "cetral part", should be "central".

Since you're going to nerf it, not really relevant, but i still think that the last exile advancement should stack with Warlock's antisocial, or it's just giving 5 more damage free.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Xargon

Post by Xargon »

In the scenario Subterranean War (chapter 7 somewhere), both the dwarf and Lethalia speak about the northwestern exit in the opening dialogue, when in fact the exit is in the northeast. Also, I found the logic in the dialogue to be a bit confusing: It sounded like I was supposed to hold the city while the dwarves prepare for evacuation; then, the dwarf leader calls for a charge right after explaining to me that this battle can not be won. In the end (also considering the scenario objective which is to exit to the northeast), I sent most units to the northeast while some helped with the defense so the dwarf leader does not die. Should the dialogue be like this, i.e. the dwarves (plus some help from Efraim and Lethalia) hold off the attackers while Efraim and Lethalia mainly go to the exit in the northeast?

Another thing I noticed in this scenario: Fighting many demons can be annoying because of some very powerful trait combinations. Even if you put only the strongest units in front, you might need some reloading when there are multiple demons with 40-5 attacks, or strong melee attacks with charge running around. It is also a bit cumbersome to check which of the demons and how many have such attacks. And losing powerful units is not really an option in this campaign, I think.
I beat it with little reloading in the end, but what do you think about restricting some of the powerful traits or trait combinations at this stage (bewitched + something, strong melee attacks + charge, etc)? Instead, one more powerful (and recognizable) demon could be thrown in with the others.

Or maybe one should efficiently use some cannon fodder units… I did not think about it when playing the scenario since I did not expect regular enemies with such strong attacks. I'm not sure how well that would work.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Raijer
Fixed the typo.

The exact nerf to Legacy of Exile:
exile ability's increased resistance: 15% -> 10%
forsaken ability's increased resistance: 25% -> 20%
both abilities' maximum resistance: 80% -> 70%
damage upgrade: +5 damage -> +4 damage
antisocial ability -> anathema ability (-30% damage to adjacent allies)

@Xargon
Fixed the direction confusion.

In that scenario, they're initially talking about an evacuation plan, but then the enemies appear sooner than expected and they have no other options but to flee in the direction they were planning. It's up to you if you send a decoy to slow the ones behind you and attack those in your way with main force or do something else.

Demons were designed to be that dangerous. The trait combinations they have can create thousands of possibilities and you have to pay attention what appears. Your problem might be that your units are killing all attackers and are attacked by many enemies in a turn. In that case, I suggest decreasing their damage. Demons with dangerous trait combinations are quite rare and it's unusual that more than one appears at a time.

Maybe somebody else could tell you more about the strategy here, there are people who completed the campaign on a higher difficulty than I have. And much closer to present.