Wiki WML Tutorial

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Implementor37

Wiki WML Tutorial

Post by Implementor37 »

I recently found a WML Tutorial on the wiki. Since it had been about a year since any progress was made on finishing it (artisticdude did a great job starting it, but it would appear that he lacked the time to finish it). I started to fill in some of this missing sections, and I added a link to it from the "Create" button you can see at the top of the screen under the BfW logo, as there was currently no way to find this tutorial other than a few forum threads. The first 5 chapter, plus the introduction, are complete (mostly) and cover everything up to creating a basic scenario. The other chapters are complete in varying degrees. I would like to know what you all think of this tutorial, as well as what you think could be improved. I think that this could be is an important page on the wiki. Yes, it is a WIP, but the more interested people are in it the sooner it will be completed. I claim no credit for anything amazing about it--give that to artisticdude--he did most of the hard work. I'm just attempting to finish it as I think it is greatly needed.
Author of End of the Legion, available now on the 1.12 and 1.13 servers!
Supporter of the addition of the Aragwaithi into mainline.
Gweddeoran

Re: Wiki WML Tutorial

Post by Gweddeoran »

Can you finish the tutorial, i am interested.
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

Somewhere in the wiki was an section with a few abilities, can we submit more things to there ?
it would be nice if that section got expanded into one place where you can find most of the ability and weapon-specs so you can just take from there instead having to search for pre-made examples of an idea in the addons.
Implementor37

Post by Implementor37 »

Sure. If you have something that would help fill in a section--by all means go for it! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Author of End of the Legion, available now on the 1.12 and 1.13 servers!
Supporter of the addition of the Aragwaithi into mainline.