Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Jeffers0n

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Jeffers0n »

I just finished chapter 9, and in chapter 10 Krux and Vritra still have their equipment and all the gems from the previous chapters wich makes them really OP
(I have about 700 gems) is this intended?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@dabber
Fixed that bug.

@Battlecruiser_Venca
I'll check it out.

@Jeffers0n
Yes, that's intended.
dabber

Post by dabber »

Jeffers0n wrote:I just finished chapter 9, and in chapter 10 Krux and Vritra still have their equipment and all the gems from the previous chapters wich makes them really OP
(I have about 700 gems) is this intended?
Can you beat the first scenario without crafting stuff? On hard, I was getting crushed until I went on a crafting spree.

I'd like to see the Orcish Warmonger AMLAs for leadership specify what level they are (level 2, 3, 4). That way you don't have to go back and count to know how good his leadership is.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Can you beat the first scenario without crafting stuff? On hard, I was getting crushed until I went on a crafting spree.
There was a serious bug there. I fixed it only very recently. It should be far easier.
I'd like to see the Orcish Warmonger AMLAs for leadership specify what level they are (level 2, 3, 4).
Added it to all AMLA descriptions of Orcish Warmonger. You can check it in Unit Information then.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Not sure if this is a bug or just a circumverntion for a missing attack animation: When Krux uses his "Faerie Fire" he uses the animation of "Elvish Lord"s "Faerie Fire".

Edit: What is the effect of the AMLA "blocking better" (Dwarvish units)?

Edit2: I am playing Jungle Hell right now and I am really in need of a feature to pick up items on adjacent "Impassable" terrain. Would that be possible or is it wanted that one has to lure the enemies away from the terrain (from which they unexpectedly pop up).
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
dabber

Post by dabber »

I have had several units advance on enemy turn with no problems. But I just had a Prophet (just like Battlecruiser_Venca) that failed to advance properly.
dpa324

Post by dpa324 »

I have been having an issue where when Efraim advance his redeem/soul eater it brings me to the list of "what requires what" but with no advancements or scroll bar so that I'm forced to close the game and restart, effectively preventing me from killing any unit with Efraim when soul eater is in effect chapters 4/5 and then from advancing redeem in chapter 7.
PS, excellent job with this campaign, great fun and easily replay-able with all the new units and items, keep it up.
dabber

Post by dabber »

It would be really nice to know what benefits are acquired from Krux's lesser redeem. To me it would make sense for them to appear in the AMLA list under Unit Information.
I would also kinda like to see a text popup indicating what happened, but that is less relevant.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Whiskeyjack wrote:When Krux uses his "Faerie Fire" he uses the animation of "Elvish Lord"s "Faerie Fire".
What's bad about that? Yes, I based the animation on Elvish Lord, but what's so wrong about it?
Whiskeyjack wrote:What is the effect of the AMLA "blocking better" (Dwarvish units)?
Reduced chance to get hit.
Whiskeyjack wrote:Would that be possible or is it wanted that one has to lure the enemies away from the terrain (from which they unexpectedly pop up).
I can't think of a way to do it without causing a significant decrease in performance. I'll try to figure something out.
Not a bad idea, I'll add it.
dpa324 wrote:Efraim advance his redeem/soul eater it brings me to the list of "what requires what" but with no advancements or scroll bar so that I'm forced to close the game and restart, effectively preventing me from killing any unit with Efraim when soul eater is in effect chapters 4/5 and then from advancing redeem in chapter 7.
Are you playing on iPhone or something? That problem is quite unusual for computers, I haven't done anything with that part for long besides some translation support improvements that should not break the way it works.
dabber

Post by dabber »

Bug in Orcish Warmonger. The AMLA for charge leadership has id=leadership2, which is the same the AMLA to get leadership level 3. And the description should say "bloodthirsty", not just "bloodthirst".
dpa324

Post by dpa324 »

@Dugi
Yes I'm on IPhone 6, had the game for a long time now and like to play on the go
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

dabber wrote:Bug in Orcish Warmonger. The AMLA for charge leadership has id=leadership2, which is the same the AMLA to get leadership level 3. And the description should say "bloodthirsty", not just "bloodthirst".
Fixed.
dpa324 wrote:Yes I'm on IPhone 6, had the game for a long time now and like to play on the go
This is a known bug on the iOS port. I asked its maintainer to fix it but he had already stopped maintaining it at that time. Don't use redeem at all and you might get through it. Or copy the save file to a PC to get through the panel and get it back to the mobile. Unfortunately, I don't know how to make the add-on learn if it's being run on an iPhone, there is a way to learn if it's running on Mac, but the port for iOS isn't official and the information is not quite known. And I am not going to waste 600€ to get an iPhone to experiment.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

When Krux uses his "Faerie Fire" he uses the animation of "Elvish Lord"s "Faerie Fire".

What's bad about that? Yes, I based the animation on Elvish Lord, but what's so wrong about it?
Ah, I rechecked it and now I´m sure it´s a bug. It only occurs when an enemy attacks Krux on ranged. He has his own animation when attacking, but when defending he turns into the Elvish Lord while using Faerie Fire (white-blonde hair and everything).

I attached you a file where you should be able see it when pressing end turn.
I can't think of a way to do it without causing a significant decrease in performance. I'll try to figure something out.
I thought of something like the "pick up items on the ground" menu option, only for adjacent hexes and if they are "impassable" (perhaps even included in the "pick up items on the ground"). I have no experience with WML so I don´t know how hard this is but I imagine an if-statement and the requisition of the coordinates should not decrease performance badly on a playeractivated action.
Attachments
LotI2-The_Gates_of_Hell_Turn_9.gz
(977.57 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Ah, I rechecked it and now I´m sure it´s a bug. It only occurs when an enemy attacks Krux on ranged. He has his own animation when attacking, but when defending he turns into the Elvish Lord while using Faerie Fire (white-blonde hair and everything).
I think that the conditions where it appears are slightly different, but I found the cause and fixed it.
have no experience with WML so I don´t know how hard this is but I imagine an if-statement and the requisition of the coordinates should not decrease performance badly on a playeractivated action.
Those menu options can't be removed, they can just be hidden. That's why I use these options quite sparsely, there are only three menu options that appear only in some scenarios. The approach you suggest would work, but all the locations where these items fell would be checked every time you right-click in all following scenarios, even if I hid them. The delay would be short, maybe barely noticeable, but it would happen so damn many times.
What I might do would be a single option that would appear on impassable fields if you have a unit next to it and it would pick items if there are any. Maybe I'll figure out something better over time, though.
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

I havent played for long, so her e it is.
Sorry for delay, Ihad no time.
Attachments
LotI_-_Hordes_of_the_Other_World-Automatické_uložení3.gz
(293.63 KiB) Downloaded 104 times