Era of War

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Marizius

Era of War

Post by Marizius »

Hey Guys,

I am new here in the forum, so greetings to everyone. Oh and by the way, i am german so please be patient with my Englisch. I start to make my own Era, that replace all fractions with some new from me. But when i try to test my era the game says: Cannot load because of wrong ending [/unit_type] of unit X (X=every Unit, even copied original Units) So what do i wrong? how can i make them playable? For test, i have one fraction build, that only have 2 of 14 units not form coregame.
Last edited by Marizius on March 10th, 2015, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Re: Help with my Era

Post by Velensk »

Hello.

In general WML workshop is the place for this kind of question.

The amount of information you give is probably insufficient to answer your question. Odds are the problem is exactly what the message says and there was some error in how you put together the code but where exactly this would be couldn't be too to you bless you provide your code.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Marizius

Re: Era of War

Post by Marizius »

So now it works, so i can proudly present: The Era of War (yes innovativ name, i know) that splits wesnoth into 20 factions. Stepp first: build all these factions (Red). Stepp two will be the balancing (Yellow). The third and last one a tranlation into german. (Green)

Here are the traget: Image

and this is the stand of version 0.0.1
Spoiler:
new version 0.0.2
Spoiler:
the main reason for this era is the fun for me and some friends. But feel free to say what do you think about. Maybe there are some Ideas, that looks great for me.

Greetings: Marizius
Marizius

Post by Marizius »

Sooo...folk version 0.0.3 is out. have fun with it.
Spoiler:
By the way. i have seen that some people have download it. So please, tell me your opinion about Era of war.

Greetings

Edit: a quit update, that fix some bugs and bring the merfolk: 0.0.4 is out
Spoiler:
Ok today v 0.0.5 cames out.. only one faction and some balance (weaker heal for Angels, rangeattack for Waterelements)
Spoiler:
Marizius

Post by Marizius »

Hey guys,

is a long time since my last post. I was bussy but now I started again to work on my Era. Here can you see some of the results of my work:

I hope you like it.

But there are some problems.
I could need some help here. There are some errors that i dont understand. Maybe could some one correct them?

" Macro/file 'SPECIAL_NOTES_SYMBIOSE' is missing
at ~add-ons\\Era_of_War\\units\\spirits\\EoWAncient.cfg:19
included from ~add-ons\\Era_of_War\\_main.cfg:15

Macro/file 'SPECIAL_NOTES_COLDAURA' is missing
at ~add-ons\\Era_of_War\\units\\darkelves\\EoWCold_Matriarch.cfg:18
included from ~add-ons\\Era_of_War\\_main.cfg:8 "

Why does the game not accept my Special-notes?

" Unexpetet singh at linestart
at position core\\macros\\special-notes.cfg:86
included from ai\\ais\\ai_default_rca_strong.cfg:2
included from _main.cfg:30
included from ~add-ons\\Era_of_War\\units\\vampires\\Lady.cfg:19
included from ~add-ons\\Era_of_War\\_main.cfg:14 "

there is a mistake in the core? Do i get it right? but what? i could not finde it? i looks like all notes and i am not happy to write in the core.

Thank you for every help.
Marizius

Post by Marizius »

For the new upcoming version of "Era of War" here the (maybe finaly) unit tree: