To Lands Unknown 3.9

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

eldoro100

Re: To Lands Unknown v1.7.0 with 3D rendered maps!

Post by eldoro100 »

First, I'd like to congratulate you on an excellent campaign and its stunning artwork.

Second, I'd like someone to help me with the scenario, Ruins. I am very stuck in that I am unable to push back the relentless waves of opposition so that my humans can escape via the circle. Any pointers for this scenario?
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Great Job Inferno,

thanks for such a great campaign. Must have taken you a lot of work and reminds me to upgrade the graphics of my own addons. I've played it in normal and found it challenging. Beside the great (at least on wesnothian perspective) graphic, I liked the unpredictable style of storytelling, you never know what happens next. You seem to like designing battles with the "we can never win this one"-concept ^^. But nevertheless there is always a way to win battles when starting to think.

There are a few bugs I've found:

In "The Last Summoner" the terrain graphics did not fully load. I could neither see the teleporter, nor the tower. The next day when loading a saved game the terrain graphics finally showed up. So it could be that this phenomena is not just bound on this scenario.

The other bugs mainly concern the german translation, which had some grammar bugs, missing words and just showed up every second message.

Farewell

Heindal

btw: Concering ruins: I've just recruited fire- and waterelementals and after that I've tried to activate the locations as soon as possible. Elementals can counter the Berserkers and in the end I've even had several firegods, I had to sacrifice to survive, while retreating to the lowest point of the circle. Rashti on the other Hand, can easily defeat many foes, and even so she is focused and dies she just splits up. If defending on the left - her evil half will be focused by the enemies - but the evil half can't be killed by your enemies and therefore she is a good blocker. Just take care, that the good half is surrounded by your units.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Pepe

Post by Pepe »

Hello,
Very good campaign. I liked art and humor.

I have translated 100% Era of Magic and To lands Unknow to spanish and have tested campaign in version 1.11.16 of game.
I have finished campaign without problems. Only some warnings about deprecated text in descriptions not compatible with future versións of game.

In 3 scenaries i have seen text strings that are in english language. Those text strings dont exist in original .po file.
I got .po file from this repository http://www.wesnoth.org/gettext/index.la ... e=&lang=es (version 1.12)

Perhaps a manteiner could mark those text strings as translatable and generate a new .po file.

I will be very happy to have it to finish translation.

Perhaps this is a spoiler but scenaries and text without translation are:
Spoiler:
Thanks for help.

Pepe
-------------------
Pepe

Post by Pepe »

Hello,

Here is spanish translation (100%).

Era of Magic is needed.

I dont know if AI is lately active maintaining add-on translations.

Pepe
----------------------------------
Attachments
wesnoth-Era_of_Magic.zip
(55.67 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
wesnoth-To_Lands_Unknown.zip
(80.68 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
Jabie

Post by Jabie »

Is this available for 1.12? I couldn't see it in the add-ons list.
marat

Post by marat »

I wish you a good time.

Russian translation of campaign is ready. (100%)
Attachments
wesnoth-To_Lands_Unknown.7z
.PO
(76.06 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
Eugen

Post by Eugen »

Bug report: BfW 1.12 - scenario 05 Fire Canyon - the orc leader cannot recruit, it says Invalid WML and neither of his units seem to exist.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: To Lands Unknown v1.6.0

Post by inferno8 »

To Lands Unknown 1.7.1 is now available!

This release includes scenario 5 bugfix, ai adaptation to 1.12 standards and one updated translation. Also it utilizes the new feedback feature - now you can access this thread and report bugs quickly by using the new add-ons manager (BfW 1.12+ only).

Code: Select all

To Lands Unknown - Version 1.7.1

Language and Translations
    * Updated translations: Polish
	* Added missing textdomain binding in messages.cfg

- Scenarios
    * Fixed list of recruits in scenario 5
	* Updated AI to match the 1.12 standard in scenario 1 and 4

- Misc
	* Added the [feedback] tag in the .pbl file
We recommend that you download To Lands Unknown from SourceForge:
TLU (1.7.1): http://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnoth ... own/1.7.1/
TLU_Images (1.1.0): http://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnoth ... ges/1.1.0/

If you encounter any bugs, would like to file a feature request, or would like to submit a patch, please click here.

Note for translators:
There was a major overlook in files marked as being translatable, which caused one of the files being skipped in the process, resulting in some parts of dialog being not translatable. This has been fixed now. I have attached the new .po file for those who are interested.
Attachments
translation_tlu_1.7.1.zip
(44.8 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
Raijer

Re: To Lands Unknown v1.7.1 with 3D rendered maps!

Post by Raijer »

In most scenarios, i get that WML error: "<Invalid WML found> "Damaging Aura" follows a deprecated format for its description, using its name as the first line. Support for that format will be removed in 1.12."
Same thing for slowing aura.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

I looks like there are still some descriptions of abilities written in an old format. This should not affect your gameplay.
Use :clear command to remove these warnings. I'll try to fix it soon. Thank you for reporting.
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
Pepe

To Lands Unknown v1.7.1 with 3D rendered maps!

Post by Pepe »

Hello,

Here is spanish translation (100%) for v1.7.1

Pepe
----------------------------------
Attachments
es.zip
(155.74 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
marat

Post by marat »

Here is russian translation (100%) for v1.7.1
Attachments
tlu_1.7.1.7z
.PO
(79.43 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
GbDorn

Post by GbDorn »

Your custom cave wall terrain (string=Xuq, used in scenario 07 'Bridge of Light') has the same id as mainline's wall (Xu) and thus overrides it in the map editor.
Please change the id.
WindEnchanter

Post by WindEnchanter »

I just did a recent replay in normal mode. I am at "Ka-Gatta" and realized that the hero has been upgraded to Grand Summoner and max exp changed to 160 (from 100) and the exp has been reset to 0. It was unexpected as I have him almost leveled up in the previous stage. I also chose the +1 movement option when leveled up in previous stages. I wonder if I chose other option with exp + 20%, would the base exp change to 160 *1.2 at the "Ka-Gatta" stage? Looks like it would be nice to level him up twice before hit this stage.
Drakilian

Post by Drakilian »

Hey there, I just wanted to ask a quick question - I remember hearing/reading/seeing something about there being a sequel to "To Lands Unknown" - is that still in the works or has it been abandoned? I only ask due to your campaign being my all-time favourite among them all, i'd love to see more of Mehir and Rashti.