Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

@Tom_Of_Wesnoth
Fun, but too powerful. It might become an annoying exploit later. Combine it with hit and run on a fast unit, mass incinerate a group of enemies, run away and they'll die without participating in combat.

@Aevyn
The first person does not mean that it was told be me. Most of these first or second person comments are meant to be things told by some units who see or use that item.

Example (this one is one of the reference class of items):
In this case, that sentence is supposed to be told by somebody who sees an enemy wearing that item approaching.
Tom_Of_Wesnoth

Post by Tom_Of_Wesnoth »

Have you completed descriptions for every item?
If presented with the opportunity, I would take great pleasure in becoming a world ruler.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

No. In the moment of writing this, 36% of items have descriptions. So if you have an idea, go on with it.

EDIT: Bummer: I read somewhere that in wesnoth 1.12, an inefficiency was fixed, so I promised to deal with the group of bugs related to weird advancing of units by removing a workaround to deal with that inefficiency. However, I discovered that I was mistaken and it was fixed only in 1.13. Removing the workaround returned problems with 10 megabytes large save files and extremely slow performance. Since version 3.1.9 (not published yet), it is possible to turn it off for experimental purposes by defining REMOVE_AMLA_WORKAROUND, but the performance issues are horrible.
Tom_Of_Wesnoth

Post by Tom_Of_Wesnoth »

Is there a list of items with no descriptions?
If presented with the opportunity, I would take great pleasure in becoming a world ruler.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

No, because I started writing them very recently. However, I don't hold that my descriptions are the best, so if you think that you have a good idea about some item, it may be better than mine anyway. And currently, there is a decent chance that a randomly selected item will not have a description.
Vash_Stampede

Post by Vash_Stampede »

HI there!
Nice campaign you made, it made it to my three favorites so far, along with IFTU and To Lands Unknown! And they are equal favorites.
The only bug I have met so far is that not every unit's description is added to the help file menu. For example, I can access Half-Robotic freak with right-clicking on Akuna, but not by searching the menu.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

IftU is awesome, I am happy that you're comparing my work with that.

I have disabled many units from being listed in the help menu. Rare unit types would fill the lists pretty badly. So this was intentional, it's not a bug. You are free to question my decision, though.

I have released version 3.1.9. It's only for wesnoth 1.12, because it required a lot of code for compatibility with 1.10 and that code was a burden. Besides numerous bugfixes, important changes were the item comments and AI speedup. Please note that the AI speedup will have no effect until you start the whole campaign anew or edit the save file, adding "ACCELERATE_AI" into campaign_extra_defines in the save file's header.
Vash_Stampede

Post by Vash_Stampede »

Then okay, not a big problem. I don't exactly know how the description-listing system works, because I have only started to translate AtS to my native language, so I did not know this was possible. I'll then go to debug mode and in create unit menu, I'll check by clicking profile :D Also, isn't it possible to hide units from being listed by scenario? For example Brat could only be listed in Chapter 5 and so on?
dabber

Post by dabber »

Grammar comments (possible plot spoiler)
Spoiler:
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Vash_Stampede
Replied in a PM.

@dabber
Thanks. I did the recommended changes.

Are the enemies in chapter 9 more balanced when the portals are fixed?
OdinOverland

Post by OdinOverland »

Dugi wrote:I have released version 3.1.9. It's only for wesnoth 1.12, because it required a lot of code for compatibility with 1.10 and that code was a burden. Besides numerous bugfixes, important changes were the item comments and AI speedup. Please note that the AI speedup will have no effect until you start the whole campaign anew or edit the save file, adding "ACCELERATE_AI" into campaign_extra_defines in the save file's header.
Do not want to beat a dead horse but does this mean that the the armor 'Unsung Odes' should now drop?
dabber

Post by dabber »

Dugi wrote:Are the enemies in chapter 9 more balanced when the portals are fixed?
I have not played enough new scenarios yet to comment much. I will say that Foul Pits would have been clearly easier with only 1 portal spawning. There are a LOT of portals there producing a lot of enemies, plus a lot of Succubus' coming from the leader, and terrain from hell. I had multiple units hit red health in that scenario, and red health has been extremely rare for me in chapter 9.

That said, Lilith herself was wimpy. I think the version of her that appeared in chapter 2 had more damage output. This one has a whirlwind attack, but 23-4 isn't scary. Her fireball at 33-2 is worse than many normal demons. Sure she has a ton of hitpoints, but since she isn't a threat, those hitpoints just require more time, not more challenge. I would double her damage, if not higher. And/or increase her damage every time she gets killed.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@OdinOverland
Yes, it will drop after installing that update and starting a new scenario.

@dabber
Good to know that it's more challenging now.
Fine, I'll make Lilith harder. EDIT: Made her do more damage, not much on easy but the increase is significant on hard and also on normal to some extent. Lilith was not meant to be a damage sponge boss.
Vash_Stampede

Post by Vash_Stampede »

I noticed just a little typeo in the library in the first chapter of part2, so chapter 6. Whan you read about preserved liches, closely Argan: "He is said to have beel slain be Efraim..." :)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Thanks. I fixed it.