Im looking for really easy campaigns.

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

humbleroller

Im looking for really easy campaigns.

Post by humbleroller »

Hello all.
Im looking for really easy campaigns for my nephew who is just starting to get into strategy games.
Which default campaigns or addons would you suggest ?

thanks in advance.

edit: he is 10 years old.
Telchin

Re: Im looking for really easy campaigns.

Post by Telchin »

Among mainline campaigns - the South Guard, An Orcish Incursion and Tale of Two brothers are meant to be begginer level (at least as long as you play on the easiest difficulty) and are rather short (unlike Heir to the Throne, which is also meant to be begginer friendly, but is very long and gets harder in the later scenarios).
As for add-ons, I can't speak for anybody else, but my campaign (Inky's Quest) is meant to be easy, as I'm a rather bad player myself. I've even included some tips for novice players on the easiest difficulty.
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

I am quite skilled player, so my taste could be biased; but I remember "Ooze Mini Campaign" as very easy and short one but still cool and charming thanks to great history, speechs and design. It even has a follow up campaign "Elvish Dinasty" a little more difficult but even more charming.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Post by max_torch »

For a 10 year old a really simple campaign would be "The Final Exam"
Qirin

Post by Qirin »

Telchin wrote:Among mainline campaigns - the South Guard, An Orcish Incursion and Tale of Two brothers are meant to be begginer level (at least as long as you play on the easiest difficulty) and are rather short (unlike Heir to the Throne, which is also meant to be begginer friendly, but is very long and gets harder in the later scenarios).
+1 to these suggestions.

I'd also recommend Liberty and Descent into Darkness for faction variety. They're marked as 'Intermediate' but I found them significantly easier than something like Heir to the Throne; since in those campaigns you have an impressive roster of units (especially Liberty's mix of pierce and blunt troops) and the campaigns are shorter so there's less chance of you being unable to deal with later scenarios due to levelling your units wrong.
Chewan

Post by Chewan »

Unite the Clans
A campaign with 11 strings by Elven (Stanislav Hoferek).
Though no translated version is mentioned in the description on the server,
I guess it's the most-translated UMC. ;)
taptap

Post by taptap »

In one of my other hobbies I have seen children wipe the floor with adult players so often by now, that I stopped to underestimate children. When they put their mind into strategy games, they will be the better players before long. Beyond-easy-modes (autowin in 10 clicks, instant gratification here) are usually not added for children, but cater to lazy adults. Any of the introductory campaigns should be fine, there are different difficulty settings in all campaigns to adjust and remember losing is part of the game.

Once more: Do not underestimate children!
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
humbleroller

Post by humbleroller »

thanks everyone for your replies.
I am grabbing the ones you mentioned and see how I go. If i manage to be a genocidal maniac then my nephew should be able to have a good challenge.