Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Drakilian

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Drakilian »

wuxiangjinxing wrote:I'll rather regard this as an ai-related problem. In older versions ai even do not know how to use leaders and healers.
The new ai knows how to use leaders and healers?

Fooled me.
wuxiangjinxing

Post by wuxiangjinxing »

Drakilian wrote:
wuxiangjinxing wrote:I'll rather regard this as an ai-related problem. In older versions ai even do not know how to use leaders and healers.
The new ai knows how to use leaders and healers?

Fooled me.
It seems that in 1.12, they introduced a function called Micro_ai, which allows you to offer AI sides more detailed control. One of the Micro_ai type, the Bottleneck Defense Micro AI seems to have some contents related to leader and healer usage.

You can take a look at http://wiki.wesnoth.org/Micro_AIs for more details.
naikon

Post by naikon »

Dugi wrote: @naikon
The save files should work, but I can't assure you that it will not create some errors (but I think that living with these few errors is less bad than losing the save files).
Are these errors grave(the ones who prevent the scenerios to progress further) or are they just minor errors ?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Naikon
Most likely they will be just annoying, scenario breaking ones shouldn't appear (but I can't guarantee that).

@wuxiangjinxing, Drakilian
The AI moves the leader on a keep whenever it can. After that I reduced the amount of movement points regained from hit and run, he might not have enough movement to return to his keep in that turn (however, if he attacks close enough to the keep, he'll come back).
Cashcam24

Post by Cashcam24 »

In the scenario unimportant revolution and a couple others throughout both parts of the campaign when it is the enemy's turn there is a pause in between each movement sometimes as long as 15 mins.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I plan to deal with this AI problem now when 1.12 was released. The problem is that the AI is quite slow in certain situations, especially if there are many units that can attack many units and have to choose (so avoid it by forcing the enemies to split up and not have to pick an enemy from a large number of enemies available).
dabber

Post by dabber »

Looks like 3 guys spawn inside cave walls in Chapter 7_05_Tundra.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Their locations are random, it sometimes happen that they appear in walls. In most scenarios where I have used it, there is filter that kills everything that is in a wall at the start, but in this scenario, I have forgotten to add it. Fixed it, thanks for reporting.
Cashcam24

Post by Cashcam24 »

In the scenario jungle hell there are the hexes of impassable forests and for some reason the demons can go through them I was wondering if that was meant to happen or if that was just a glitch.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It was meant to happen. There is some code that makes them capable to pass through these impassable forests.
wuxiangjinxing

Post by wuxiangjinxing »

May I make a suggestion of adding one legacy which may be interesting:

Legacy of phoenix (We have legacy of dragon, why not also have legacy of phoenix?)

AMLA 1: Generally increase arcane and fire resistance

AMLA 2: Learn the ability of burning adjacent opponents. The damage can be increased

AMLA 3: When the unit is killed, it is revived and lose this AMLA

Besides, I'm very looking foward to your new update in version 1.12.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I would not mind adding that legacy, but that resurrection seems a bit too much. I'd limit it so that once it is used, the ability will disappear (and it won't be possible to take that AMLA again).
Cashcam24

Post by Cashcam24 »

Since efraim was originally a fencer why doesn't he still have the skirmish ability. (Or is it just one of the upgrades that I haven't seen yet?)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

that question was discussed at least once already (but thats maybe a year ago already) :D
the answer for game mechanics is that efraim could just walk through the enemys and slay the boss easily and make lots of scenarii to leader scenarii when its intended to use your army. it just would make him to powerful.
the explanation for the story is that hes just to powerful now and cant escape the gazes of his enemys to slip through them anymore.
Cashcam24

Post by Cashcam24 »

Ok makes a lot of sense thanks.