A Song of Fire: SP Campaign Feedback and Reviews

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

revansurik

Re: A Song of Fire: SP Campaign Feedback and Reviews

Post by revansurik »

Rhylla, use the 'main.cfg' file in this message's attachment; paste it in the A_Song_of_Fire folder, replacing the old 'main.cfg', and see if it works. The War of Legends in the 1.12 server is different from the one in the 1.11, it does not have the elves-desert folder. With this new 'main.cfg', the campaign should work normally, if it doesn't, please tell me ;-)
Attachments
_main.cfg
(6.16 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Rhylla

Post by Rhylla »

revansurik wrote:Rhylla, use the 'main.cfg' file in this message's attachment; paste it in the A_Song_of_Fire folder, replacing the old 'main.cfg', and see if it works.
So, I go to add-ons > A Song of Fire > Then click on the main cfg file, delete all the old stuff and replace it?
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Rhylla wrote:
revansurik wrote:Rhylla, use the 'main.cfg' file in this message's attachment; paste it in the A_Song_of_Fire folder, replacing the old 'main.cfg', and see if it works.
So, I go to add-ons > A Song of Fire > Then click on the main cfg file, delete all the old stuff and replace it?
Just delete the main.cfg file, and paste the one in my last message's attachment in the same folder ;-)

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Rhylla

Post by Rhylla »

Confusingly enough, the cfg file didn't work, as I still get: Macro/file '~add-ons/A_Song_of_Fire/utils' is missing
at ~add-ons/A_Song_of_Fire/_main.cfg:89, and similar messages not just from Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and War of the Jewel, but from Lord Knightmare's campaign The Legend Begins as well, which makes me wonder if it's in actuality a War of Legends error or maybe my computer just dislikes all four campaigns... :?
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Rhylla wrote:Confusingly enough, the cfg file didn't work, as I still get: Macro/file '~add-ons/A_Song_of_Fire/utils' is missing
at ~add-ons/A_Song_of_Fire/_main.cfg:89, and similar messages not just from Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and War of the Jewel, but from Lord Knightmare's campaign The Legend Begins as well, which makes me wonder if it's in actuality a War of Legends error or maybe my computer just dislikes all four campaigns... :?
If even The Legend Begins is not working, then it's probably a bug in the era... Sometimes, a bug appears that causes an error message pointing at a 'missing macro' which isn't actually missing, and things like that; maybe that's the case here, because the 'utils' folder actually is in the campaign's folder... :hmm:
You can try talking to War of Legends' author directly for a solution, or post a bug report here: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=30087
That's the era's topic. Meanwhile, I'll give a look at the campaign myself, in case I messed up somewhere - which is unlikely, since I'm able to start the campaign normally...

;-)
Rhylla

Post by Rhylla »

revansurik, I contacted Lord Knightmare about my problem and he said to change your obsolete codes in the _main.cfg files of your campaigns.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Rhylla wrote:revansurik, I contacted Lord Knightmare about my problem and he said to change your obsolete codes in the _main.cfg files of your campaigns.
Um, hadn't realised the main.cfg file in ASoF had elves-desert instead of elves-south... Why change these folders' names all the time anyway? :annoyed:
Well, try the main.cfg attached to this message, now it should work; if it does, just tell me, that I'll have to upload a new version ;-)
BTW, right now you only want to play ASoF, right? If you want to play AotDS too, just tell me and I'll send you a corrected main.cfg of that campaign - or just wait a few more days, because I'm preparing an upload for AotDS with corrected bugs and improved gameplay ;-)
Attachments
_main.cfg
(6.26 KiB) Downloaded 310 times

;-)
Rhylla

Post by Rhylla »

I think Myra must just hate me. It wasn't my fault that I let all of the heroes die once... or twice... or 17 times... :lol:

AotDS works on 1.11.17, weirdly enough, so I've simply busied myself with the pleasure of seeing Tenma
Spoiler:
in order to forget the sting of Myra's rejection :whistle:
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Rhylla wrote:I think Myra must just hate me. It wasn't my fault that I let all of the heroes die once... or twice... or 17 times... :lol:

AotDS works on 1.11.17, weirdly enough, so I've simply busied myself with the pleasure of seeing Tenma
Spoiler:
in order to forget the sting of Myra's rejection :whistle:
Nevermind, I let even her mother die once :-P
Anyway, does that mean the main.cfg file worked...?
Spoiler:

;-)
Rhylla

Post by Rhylla »

The reason I said my previous comment is because ASoF didn't work, which is why I thought Myra hates me. But, since Tenma and Akhen both like me, I find myself mostly consoled.
Spoiler:
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Rhylla wrote:The reason I said my previous comment is because ASoF didn't work, which is why I thought Myra hates me. But, since Tenma and Akhen both like me, I find myself mostly consoled.
Spoiler:
The same error again? :shock:
BTW, just for curiosity, haven't you played ASoF yet, or are you trying to replay it on the 1.12 version?
Spoiler:

;-)
Rhylla

Post by Rhylla »

Yep. I played ASoF on... 1.11.2 or something. Er... about 8 times, maybe? :oops: I've tried replaying it in 1.11.2 and on the later 1.12 versions as well with limited success.
Spoiler:
xhh2a

Post by xhh2a »

revansurik wrote:
Rhylla wrote:revansurik, I contacted Lord Knightmare about my problem and he said to change your obsolete codes in the _main.cfg files of your campaigns.
Um, hadn't realised the main.cfg file in ASoF had elves-desert instead of elves-south... Why change these folders' names all the time anyway? :annoyed:
Well, try the main.cfg attached to this message, now it should work; if it does, just tell me, that I'll have to upload a new version ;-)
BTW, right now you only want to play ASoF, right? If you want to play AotDS too, just tell me and I'll send you a corrected main.cfg of that campaign - or just wait a few more days, because I'm preparing an upload for AotDS with corrected bugs and improved gameplay ;-)
Works on 1.11.17 with the new _main.cfg.
Krolan

Post by Krolan »

Hello there :)

I'm playing through this campaign (on easy) and reached the level where I'm up against Carapiece, Vampires and Minotaurs at once to claim Myra's "New Home" (right after the fight defending the celestials.) Maybe it is the last scenario, I don't know, I didn't count.

In round 4 Dvalin supposedly appears, but neither his dialoge shows (Myra is appearing to speak to a ghost, responding to nothing being said to her), nor does he show up, but his keep does and in the status table he got 560 starting money but no leader.

I don't know how such thing could've happened, but I'm not necessarily asking to fix it asap or anything. I figured I might as well debug it in. Sadly I don't know how yet. I'd just insert a unit...

Stop.

I just checked my recall list... and there he is. Dvalin. With a crown over his head.... in MY recall list.
Well. I recalled him now, and he shows up with on the tile which now says "image failed". I debugged him to Team 5 and now will see what happens. Hopefully nothing bad.

So. Consider this just a Bug-mention.
Playthrough on easy (yes, easy, sue me), The Conquest of the Promised Land-A (whatever A means), beginning of Turn 4 Dvalin appears, walks up, creates camp and vanishes before dialog starts, therefore his dialog doesn't show and he ends up in recall list of Team 1 while when recalled makes the tile he stands on say "image failed".

Great Campaign btw :) The main_.cfg should be replaced in-game in my opinion. Oh well.

Oh, I'm playing on 1.11.19 (Just checked Wesnoth main side, 1.12.0 is out :D , Don't know if this would happen in that version and I don't know how I could find out without being forced to replay the whole campaign.)
I do GPE(Genuine Playing Experience), Screenshot-reinforced and detailed Bug-Reports for Campaigns. If you want me to check yours, be it Pre-Alpha, Alpha, Beta or finished, let me know. Since I don't know anything about coding, I'll be unable to tell you why something bad happens though. PM me.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

It could be a bug caused by the version, though it did happen a few times with players in the early 1.11 versions... I promise I'll work on this bug soon enough, it's just that this week is full of final exams and final work. :-P

Also, to those whom it may interest, I'm almost done with the last part of Aria of the Dragon-Slayer. These last three weeks have been really turbulent for me, but now I'm steering the ship back into calmer waters :-)

;-)