War of the Jewel: SP Campaign, 1.11+ (Feedback & Reviews)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

regnak

Re: War of the Jewel: SP Campaign, 1.11+ (Feedback & Reviews

Post by regnak »

Finished Fiery Souls I didn't see:
Spoiler:
regnak

Post by regnak »

Fire of Defiance was fun:
Spoiler:
regnak

Post by regnak »

Completed Crimson Earth and enjoyed it. Will start Master of 4 lights later tonight or tomorrow.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

regnak wrote:Completed Crimson Earth and enjoyed it. Will start Master of 4 lights later tonight or tomorrow.
Only 2 scenarios to go ;-)
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
regnak

Post by regnak »

Finished today, great campaign!
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

regnak wrote:Finished today, great campaign!
Now, if you wish to see how the trilogy ends, you can begin Aria of the Dragon-Slayer ;-)

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
regnak

Post by regnak »

revansurik wrote:
regnak wrote:Finished today, great campaign!
Now, if you wish to see how the trilogy ends, you can begin Aria of the Dragon-Slayer ;-)
It's not on the server for 1.11.13 and the only other version I have is 1.10.7. I want to play Stone of the North anyway. Maybe by the time I finish that you will have Aria up where I can get it and the bugs fixed.( I am subscribed to that thread.)
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

regnak wrote: It's not on the server for 1.11.13 and the only other version I have is 1.10.7. I want to play Stone of the North anyway. Maybe by the time I finish that you will have Aria up where I can get it and the bugs fixed.( I am subscribed to that thread.)
Well, at least then you'll be able to play the campaign's complete version ;-)

;-)
Krolan

Post by Krolan »

Bug Mention:

In "Burning Ice" (Easy) upon summoning a Wisp the party reacts with "!!!" "Whoa, since when can you summon true elementals" etc.

1. I summoned a Wisp
2. I still cannot summon anything else but a wisp with Akhen, even after Dialogue.
3. No big deal, would summon an army of wisps anyway.

Wesnoth Vesion 1.12
WotJ Version 1.11
War_of_Legends 1.11

Take care :)
Krolan

EDIT:
Averted - Upon receiving the Dialogue with Myra in Round 4 I now can in fact summon first-level elementals.

So there is no actual gameplay bug, only a dialogue issue, where in round 2 the dialogue for one summoning an elemental starts too early.
It may have something to do with me recalling Air-Elementals, but I went recallElemental-summonWisp-recallElemental-etc and only with a random wisp in that chain much after the first one the dialogue happened.
I do GPE(Genuine Playing Experience), Screenshot-reinforced and detailed Bug-Reports for Campaigns. If you want me to check yours, be it Pre-Alpha, Alpha, Beta or finished, let me know. Since I don't know anything about coding, I'll be unable to tell you why something bad happens though. PM me.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

So, continuing on my replaying of the entire trilogy, I've finished War of the Jewel, correcting a few more bugs, adding a few things to improve the game... I have to say that I couldn't make all the changes I wanted due to limited time; I will be travelling on the 29th of December, only to return in February, and during this trip I will be off the internet for most of the time. And I still have to finish Aria of the Dragon-Slayer, so...
Speaking of which, now I will concentrate all my available time into concluding that campaign. Most scenarios are done, all I have to do is finish the last map and playtest that which is the last part of this trilogy: Part IX, March of Kings :-D

As usual, here goes the changelog:

Code: Select all

Version 0.2.1

- Scenarios
    - Dark Eclipse: Changes to number of enemy units that disembark on the beach.
	- True Darkness: Changes to Invincible Darkness special schedule
	- Flora Island: Some changes to dialogue
	- Ancient Fire: Increased turn limit; changes to Vitras' AI; increased allies' gold a bit; corrected bug which prevented Mahyus from recruiting/recalling inside the circle of fire; corrected bug which locked Mahyus and Branwyn inside the circle of fire

- Artwork
    - Changes to portraits of Akhen, Merwe, Nyx, Mahyus, Menon (lich), Sadjet, Branwyn, Hashira, Tewarin, Suryen, Smenkhare, Argatyr
	- Added portrait for Empress Sa-Tarva

- Units
        - Reduced Mahyus HP increment for every level up, changed his unit type's name
	- Reduced Branwyn's XP increment for every level up
        - Re-created mages from War of Legends so that they would have Maat'Karian names
	- Re-created some loyalist units as skironians
	- Added animation for Merwe's sacred lightning attack
	- Corrected wrong sound effect for Washraha Huntress line's melee attack

- WML
    - Corrected bug which caused hero units to die by Life Consumer weapons without death event being triggered

;-)
Wyrade

Post by Wyrade »

Hi!

I started A Song of Fire recently (have not finished it yet) and i want to know if it will be available on 1.12.0 as well. Currently I do not see neither War of the Jewel nor Aria of the Dragon-Slayer in the add-on list, but i really like your campaign so far, and want to play the 2nd and 3rd parts as well. :)

Thanks and regards,
Wyrade
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Wyrade wrote:Hi!

I started A Song of Fire recently (have not finished it yet) and i want to know if it will be available on 1.12.0 as well. Currently I do not see neither War of the Jewel nor Aria of the Dragon-Slayer in the add-on list, but i really like your campaign so far, and want to play the 2nd and 3rd parts as well. :)

Thanks and regards,
Wyrade
I'll see if I can upload War of the Jewel and Aria of the Dragon-Slayer to the 1.12 server this month; I couldn't do it before because of some stupid typing error which I'm still to find in both campaigns' files ;-)
But you could download these campaigns through 1.11 and then paste their folders in the add-on folder of the 1.12 version, it should work just as fine there :-)

;-)
Sudipta

Post by Sudipta »

Hello. I am a huge fan of your work. I just finished A song of Fire and i think it is one of the best UMC's ever. Thank u very much for creating such an awesome campaign.

But, i cannot play the next episode- War of The Jewels because i cannot find it in the add on list for version 1.12.2. I read in this forum that it is available for version 1.11, so i installed 1.11.15 but even in that one i could not find the second part of the dragon trilogy. Please upload War of the jewel into the server for 1.12.2 so that I and many others like me can play continue the story. If not , then can someone suggest me a version where i can download the second part of the Dragon Trilogy.

Please reply soon. I greatly appreciate your help.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Playing Wesnoth since 2010, still there is so much left to play
Sudipta

Post by Sudipta »

i managed to find a downloadable version from http://addons.wesnoth.org/1.11/ .but when i try to play the war of the jewel campaign, it crashes while loading the campaign. An error report comes which says that the macro file is missing for war of the jewel/units/elves_desert. how do i solve this problem. ISn't there some guareented bug free way of playing part 2 like there was in part 1 a song of fire ?

Please reply soon.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Playing Wesnoth since 2010, still there is so much left to play
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Well folks, it's been a while :-P I've commented on my long absence in the topic of the Aria of the Dragon-Slayer campaign, so I won't repeat everything here. Today I have uploaded War of the Jewel (as well as AotDS) to the 1.12 server; I did not play all of it in the new version of the game, so there might be a few bugs occasionally - but don't worry, from now on I won't be absent for so much time ;-)

;-)