Official Thread of the Wesnoth Ladder

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Cackfiend

Official Thread of the Wesnoth Ladder

Post by Cackfiend »

http://wesnoth.gamingladder.info/

For 5 years our ladder has provided the Wesnoth community with a competitive environment for players looking to keep track of their win/loss record and play versus the best 1v1 players in the game. Recently we have added new features and updated our FAQ http://wesnoth.gamingladder.info/faq.php

If you are interested in joining please visit http://wesnoth.gamingladder.info/join.php

Also, feel free to register on our message board to learn about all upcoming map and balance changes for the ladder as well as discussing any ladder topics:

http://laddercouncil.proboards.com/index.cgi
"There's no love in fear." - Maynard James Keenan

I'm the guy who's responsible for 40% Gliders in all hexes... I can now die a happy man. =D
Wesnoth Strategy Guide for competitive 1v1 viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54236
Cackfiend

Re: Official Thread of the Wesnoth Ladder

Post by Cackfiend »

It seems as though our recent Password Recovery feature is missing on the ladder page (since it went down the other night?)

We are currently working on fixing this. For any others needing assistance feel free to contact me either here, on the ladder forums, or in game, thanks.

I'm the guy who's responsible for 40% Gliders in all hexes... I can now die a happy man. =D
Ninety_Eyes

Post by Ninety_Eyes »

Hey guys, where can i find the "preferences" file in the latest stable build, to add Ladder guys to friends list? Thanks
abhijit

Post by abhijit »

Ninety_Eyes wrote:Hey guys, where can i find the "preferences" file in the latest stable build, to add Ladder guys to friends list? Thanks
Hi there!

If you are using linux, you can find the preferences file here:

~/.config/wesnoth/preferences

Welcome to the ladder, see you on the server sometime.

Regards,
abhijit
Winner of The Alternate Frontier
Ninety_Eyes

Post by Ninety_Eyes »

Thanks for the info, but unfortunately i am using Windows 7 :(
lipk

Post by lipk »

On Windows, the preferences file is stored in your userdata directory. Note that the file uses Unix lineendings, so it won't display properly in NotePad - use WordPad some other more advanced program to edit it.
Ninety_Eyes

Post by Ninety_Eyes »

I chose "Store userdata in the install location", so its not there too :)

Also, i perfectly understand where the folder with the game is.

I just cannot find preferences file with friends list in it.

What is the exact name of the file please? Version 1.10.6

Thanks for helping guys.
abhijit

Post by abhijit »

Ninety_Eyes wrote:Thanks for the info, but unfortunately i am using Windows 7 :(
Try changing some preferences, from the game start screen, and then open the userdata directory.
It should show up, as I can see 'preferences' file in my userdata folder on windows as well.
Winner of The Alternate Frontier
Cackfiend

Post by Cackfiend »

I've been getting a lot of PMs about people cheating on the ladder lately and therefore been banning a lot of accounts

Feel free to PM me here or email me if you find cheaters on the ladder, thanks

Cackfiend

Post by Cackfiend »

FYI, if you do sign up for the ladder forum please make sure your account name is identical to your lobby name, thanks.

Fosprey

Post by Fosprey »

Ladder is pretty much dead?
iceiceice

Post by iceiceice »

:hmm: Clearly there's fewer active players than there once were, and many vets are now inactive, although many are still around / make reappearances. But on the other hand, there were 25 ranked games played in the last two days, so it's hard to call it "dead". There are still new faces appearing regularly also.
Fosprey

Post by Fosprey »

I logged In and created a game was there for like an hour and nobody joined. (well nobody actually in the ladder) what are the most active times to get ladder opponents?
Fosprey

Post by Fosprey »

Not only people not joining my games to play ranked I don´t see a single active ladder game.
iceiceice

Post by iceiceice »

Are you sure you are on the right server? On the official 1.10 server, I played two ladder games today and finished a reloaded one from a few days ago, and there were like maybe a dozen in total I think.

It's true that there is not always an active ladder game but there is almost always some ladder player online, although they might not want to start a game then. Sometimes you have to pm people to ask them for a game.

Generally my impression is it's more active in the GMT PM hours than the AM hours, roughly, you would have to look at the ladder game history to judge for yourself I guess.