Why are all mainline campaign leaders male?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

beetlenaut
Developer

Re: Why are all mainline campaign leaders male?

Post by beetlenaut »

I'm sorry I misinterpreted your sarcasm, Chewan.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
Kuchen

Post by Kuchen »

I haven't read this thread in its entirety but I just wanted to say I'd personally prefer to play campaigns made for human beings and telling stories about human beings, instead of campaigns about fantasy gender stereotypes made for fantasy gender stereotypes.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Kuchen wrote:I haven't read this thread in its entirety but I just wanted to say I'd personally prefer to play campaigns made for human beings and telling stories about human beings, instead of campaigns about fantasy gender stereotypes made for fantasy gender stereotypes.
What do you have against non-human campaigns? :roll:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
TheCripple

Post by TheCripple »

Kuchen wrote:I haven't read this thread in its entirety but I just wanted to say I'd personally prefer to play campaigns made for human beings and telling stories about human beings, instead of campaigns about fantasy gender stereotypes made for fantasy gender stereotypes.
Nobody is asking for fantasy gender stereotypes, just lead characters who are female. That hardly requires a stereotype; the employment of one is actively detrimental to the quality of the campaign.
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

Sapient wrote:I noticed no one responded yet to Velensk's offhand remark that Harper would have worked better as female protagonist. I'm curious if anyone else agreed with that.
I think Harper would work fine as a girl, and it would make the campaign stand out a bit more. We would just need a new or modified portrait.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide