1.16 SP Campaign: Trinity

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.12 SP Campaign: Trinity

Post by doofus-01 »

1.3.0 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.12 server. There is a proper Epilogue now (not that it's all that flashy*). I think most of the major bugs and issues are worked out, and the campaign should be winnable without debug. But there are some parts that aren't always working quite as intended, so let me know if you find anything suspect. Danke.

[*]- actually, it's worse than not flashy, there is some problem with side carryover. Either this is a new feature of BfW core, or I screwed something up in the last scenarios. I'm not seeing what it is, so if you have see strange behaviour at scenario start of any scenario, that could help me pin this down.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
bijoyboruah

Trinity

Post by bijoyboruah »

Please tell me in detail about the objective of 'Rebirth' level of Trinity.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Re: Trinity

Post by Turuk »

bijoyboruah wrote:Please tell me in detail about the objective of 'Rebirth' level of Trinity.
Moved your post to the appropriate thread, both to avoid forks all over the forum and for any help you receive to be kept in one place so that others may benefit.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: Trinity

Post by doofus-01 »

bijoyboruah wrote:Please tell me in detail about the objective of 'Rebirth' level of Trinity.
The objectives change, which part was unclear? (And what BfW version are you using?)
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
bijoyboruah

Help Required for Trinity

Post by bijoyboruah »

I am stuck at the 'An Encounter' level of Trinity. It is very hard. Please guide some strategy.
I am using 1.10.7 version.
Last edited by bijoyboruah on August 2nd, 2014, 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Re: Help Required for Trinity

Post by Turuk »

bijoyboruah wrote:I am stuck at the 'An Encounter' level of Trinity. It is very hard. Please guide some strategy.
Moved this post as well to the relevant thread.

Please post your questions about a campaign in the thread for that campaign instead of opening new topics each time you have a new question.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

bijoyboruah wrote:I am stuck at the 'An Encounter' level of Trinity. It is very hard. Please guide some strategy.
I am using 1.10.7 version.
I haven't used BfW 1.10 for a long time, but if I recall correctly, you need to move Haldrad toward the Elves at the bottom of the map, but be prepared to back-track to the north. You aren't supposed to be able to win in the standard way. I think it makes sense story-wise, but I'll admit, it's not the best of scenarios. If you have a specific question, I can try to answer.

----------------------------------
1.3.1 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.12 server. This is part of an update to deal with migrating many of the terrains to Archaic Resources and the spinning off of sound files to a new dependency, Archaic Sounds. It's a new dependency, but I don't think it will be updated much, so it should cut down on data traffic. If there are any glitches with terrain (where I think new bugs are most likely to show up), please let me know.
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

Hey,
I'm playing the latest version of campaign on 11.12. In bitter truth I ended up killing Tristien and it seems scenario is not going to end. Code says one must not be able to kill Tristien but it happened. :hmm: I lost a couple of units though. He made his attackers disappear after taking hit two chargers were enough to bring him down to nothing and then keldan didn't have much difficulty.

Ps: I had played trinity before in 1.10 but this version is way better :D , then I found the campaign to end rather abruptly. Are you going to fill in more details? :)
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

sreesreearul wrote:I'm playing the latest version of campaign on 11.12. In bitter truth I ended up killing Tristien and it seems scenario is not going to end. Code says one must not be able to kill Tristien but it happened. :hmm: I lost a couple of units though. He made his attackers disappear after taking hit two chargers were enough to bring him down to nothing and then keldan didn't have much difficulty.
Hrm, yeah, that's kind of awkward. I tried to make it seem like Keldan had a chance, but I'll need to change something. Thanks for the info.
sreesreearul wrote:Ps: I had played trinity before in 1.10 but this version is way better :D , then I found the campaign to end rather abruptly. Are you going to fill in more details? :)
Thanks. I didn't like the 1.10 version much either. I hadn't really planned to add any more, but maybe when I look at this again with fresh eyes, I'll see what more is needed.

I know some of the lore and back story is vague. I have a general road-map and I'd intended to deal with it all in Tales of the Setting Sun, but the whole thing was getting too complicated and time-consuming. Maybe some day... However, if there was something specific you thought needed more expansion, I could try to fill that in.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.3.2 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.12 server. I'm not sure what happened to 1.3.1, maybe I forgot to announce it. But since last update, I have played through scenario Storming Weldyn, and fixed some bugs and made some improvements up to that point.

I changed some of the AI (to remove FAI and replace with micro_ai), so add-on Archaic Resources needs to be updated as well. I believe it should all work, but if there are LUA errors in scenario where you capture Elf Lord Ullien-Del, please let me know.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.3.3 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.12 server. I re-wrote the Engine Room scenarios (Nemesis), as well as the subsequent Encounter scenario (Prince Haldrad).

Encounter was a pretty crappy scenario, I think the new version is much better, but it could still use a bit more testing, so there could be problems encountered - let me know.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.3.4 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.12 server. I've played up to the P2 scenario Bitter Truth (the one where Keldan fights the Mechs for the first time). So, I've done some polishing and fixes up to that point, I don't think there is anything that requires a campaign restart. Beyond that scenario, no guarantees on anything.
Drakilian

Post by Drakilian »

At the "Bitter Truth" scenario in the second part of Trinity. Got through the mechanical hell, placed soldiers on all the platforms, opened both boxes, gotten Keldan to the end and enslaved all of those sweet, sweet Azure mages (and the boss Cian mage), i've been tracked down by the mechanical dragon and killed it (only to have it respawn with more health than its own maximum), and I have no idea how to finish the scenario. Doesn't matter how many times I move Keldan or boss-mage to the end, the scenario won't end, i'm just stuck getting mauled by the mechanical dragon (those belikakotauruses can only get riddled with bullets by an invincible regenerating mechanical dragon with machine guns for so long). So, am I doing something wrong or is the scenario not meant to be finished?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Drakilian wrote:gotten Keldan to the end and enslaved all of those sweet, sweet Azure mages (and the boss Cian mage), i've been tracked down by the mechanical dragon and killed it (only to have it respawn with more health than its own maximum), and I have no idea how to finish the scenario.
The respawning dragon sounds like a bug, but may I ask how you managed to defeat all those guys? In my testing, I couldn't do it. Keldan isn't supposed to be able to beat the Cyan boss, he must lose to him to move on to the next scenario (though Keldan does get to keep any enslaved Azure mages). Hopefully you still have a save where the Cyan boss is still fighting you.

In theory, the Cyan guy can't be defeated, but the coding for that might not work well with Keldan's enthrall ability... Sounds like I need to work on that a little more.
Drakilian

Post by Drakilian »

doofus-01 wrote:
Drakilian wrote:gotten Keldan to the end and enslaved all of those sweet, sweet Azure mages (and the boss Cian mage), i've been tracked down by the mechanical dragon and killed it (only to have it respawn with more health than its own maximum), and I have no idea how to finish the scenario.
The respawning dragon sounds like a bug, but may I ask how you managed to defeat all those guys? In my testing, I couldn't do it. Keldan isn't supposed to be able to beat the Cyan boss, he must lose to him to move on to the next scenario (though Keldan does get to keep any enslaved Azure mages). Hopefully you still have a save where the Cyan boss is still fighting you.

In theory, the Cyan guy can't be defeated, but the coding for that might not work well with Keldan's enthrall ability... Sounds like I need to work on that a little more.
Oh, if I fought him with only Keldan, i'd have gotten thrashed (he's just so much stronger). I originally started by throwing troops I managed to get past the invincible dragon at him but he was just banishing them all (I could still have killed him by lowering his health far enough that way though, so i'd suggest that you have the mage immediately banish anyone who attacks him before they get the chance to deal damage to him to begin with, or implement a protection script like the one you had on Carusoe so that only Keldan can harm him).

But I didn't do that because I would have lost all my troops, so instead I just surrounded Keldan with the Azure mages for protection and the Cian mage attacked them (since he couldn't get to Keldan). They got pretty badly injured but with the leadership bonus they dealt more damage than they took, and then I had Keldan finish the job (I originally tried with the belikakotaurus but it was banished after the Cian mage was killed).

Anyway, thanks. Yeah, I have a save from before he was killed.