A Song of Fire: SP Campaign Feedback and Reviews

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

revansurik

Re: A Song of Fire: SP Campaign Feedback and Reviews

Post by revansurik »

Rise of Maat'Kare was a nice scenario although I am unsure if any of the new troops are that useful as long as I have my elementals. I will miss the Windsong as after the Elementals they were my next favorite troops.
I never use the new human units that much either, they're there mostly for storyline reasons ;-)
Quick warning here. If in the middle of A Song of Fire DO NOT UPGRADE THE LEGEND BEGINS! It makes neither campaign work.
Now that's serious... Does a specific error message appear? I should talk with Knightmare about it...
Now just started Forging Alliances and the dialog between Myra and Ronak was great!
^_^
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
regnak

Post by regnak »

It was the same thing as before unit not found Dragon Ascendant. Luckily I remembered how to delete the new version.
regnak

Post by regnak »

It was a great ending to the campaign and the ending battle story was great as was the aftermath storyline! I look forward to next part when you upload that to the server for 1.11.7(whichever one that is) Meanwhile I'm off to resume TLB.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

It was the same thing as before unit not found Dragon Ascendant. Luckily I remembered how to delete the new version.
Yeah, maybe I should talk with Knightmare about it...
It was a great ending to the campaign and the ending battle story was great as was the aftermath storyline! I look forward to next part when you upload that to the server for 1.11.7(whichever one that is) Meanwhile I'm off to resume TLB.
I'm really glad you've enjoyed it! ^_^ A Song of Fire has a completed sequel already, War of the Jewel. You might find it easier than ASoF, as you don't fight hordes of drakes, and as the main characters all have powerful special attacks ;-)

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
regnak

Post by regnak »

revansurik wrote:
Yeah, maybe I should talk with Knightmare about it...
I'm really glad you've enjoyed it! ^_^ A Song of Fire has a completed sequel already, War of the Jewel. You might find it easier than ASoF, as you don't fight hordes of drakes, and as the main characters all have powerful special attacks ;-)

I'll try it after is is loaded on whatever server is for 1.11.13( I put the wrong version above)
regnak

Post by regnak »

Ok I upgraded TLB and War of Legends and reloaded my last save to check the conflict with ASOF. This is what I got:

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded

A Song of Fire

Macro/file '~add-ons/War_of_Legends/units/elves-desert is missing at add-ons/A_Song_of_Fire/main.cfg:130

after clicking ok on that then I get

Error while playing the game: game_error: unknown unit type: Dragon Ascendant

I hope the same problem is present with War of the Jewel when that gets uploaded where I can play it.
krzysioolek

Post by krzysioolek »

I have the same issue here with Song of Fire. After clicking OK, it says unknown scenario, "Rain of Fire" :-(

Cheers!
regnak

Post by regnak »

krzysioolek wrote:I have the same issue here with Song of Fire. After clicking OK, it says unknown scenario, "Rain of Fire" :-(

Cheers!
If you have the current version of War of Legends and/or The Legend Begins you can fix things by going back to the previous versions. If you look in the WoL thread you can go to Lord Knightmare's site and dl the previous versions. Then you go into your user data then into the War of Legends folder and delete everything. Then you unzip the older version and copy it into the War of Legends folder. Do the same thign with TLB if you have that installed and it should work. It did for me.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Seems like I made a mess with new releases, there was a version 0.5.4 in the 1.12 server while the ASoF version in 1.11 was still the 0.5.3 :-P Anyway, now everything is right with version 0.5.5 in both game versions :-D The only addition, for now, is a new portrait for High Ascendant Maat; also, I tried to play the campaign with the latest version of War of Legends, and it worked just fine... :hmm:
I made a new release of the ASoF Music Pack, with the addition of one new song (one which will be used in the sequel Aria of the Dragon-Slayer only)

Code: Select all

V. 0.5.5

- Artwork 
     - New Portrait for Maat

;-)
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

And so I found out that I really like re-colouring and frankesteining units' portraits, and created a few more for characters which have been in need of one in a long time - and also changed a little some of the ones that already had it ;-)

Code: Select all

V. 0.5.6

- Artwork
      - New/changes to portraits for Myra, Alenya, Dvalin, Grigorius and Liliel
      - New campaign image

;-)
Rhylla

Post by Rhylla »

I currently have BfW 1.11.16 downloaded, and recently when I tried to start this campaign I noticed that the images are all gone- not just the ones right next to the name in the list, but the one next to the difficulties section. When I clicked start, I got this error message:

Details:

Macro/file '~add-ons/War_of_Legends/units/elves-desert' is missing
at ~add-ons/War_of_the_Jewel/_main.cfg:142

And then the unknown scenario error message.
regnak

Post by regnak »

Rhylla wrote:I currently have BfW 1.11.16 downloaded, and recently when I tried to start this campaign I noticed that the images are all gone- not just the ones right next to the name in the list, but the one next to the difficulties section. When I clicked start, I got this error message:

Details:

Macro/file '~add-ons/War_of_Legends/units/elves-desert' is missing
at ~add-ons/War_of_the_Jewel/_main.cfg:142

And then the unknown scenario error message.
Scroll up to my August 6 post. This is caused by the current version of War of Legends. You need to go back t the previous version.
Rhylla

Post by Rhylla »

I tried downloading every version of War of Legends Lord Knightmare had, but all that happened was the error message was changed to:

Details:

Macro/file '~add-ons/A_Song_of_Fire/utils' is missing
at ~add-ons/A_Song_of_Fire/_main.cfg:89

And then the unknown scenario message.
regnak

Post by regnak »

What I did was dl version 1.1.5. After I unzipped it then I deleted the current version from my add ons folder and moved 1.1.5 there instead. Then it worked fine.
Rhylla

Post by Rhylla »

regnak wrote:What I did was dl version 1.1.5. After I unzipped it then I deleted the current version from my add ons folder and moved 1.1.5 there instead. Then it worked fine.
I did that too, with all four versions he had, but I still get the error message...