Count Kromire

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Deki

Re: Count Kromire

Post by Deki »

Thanks for the info. Just finished HttT so I was looking for another campaing to play.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

So, I'm going to assume that currently nobody is working too hard on this.

There should be an update sometime in the next couple weeks.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Alright, I've released a new version of Count Kromire to 1.10 and 1.11

Should fix a number of the problems mentioned here. I also rebalanced a few things slightly and made it so that in order to subdue Valemoi you must get him down to 0 hitpoints rather than just attacking.

As a note (especially for 1.11) this is not the place to post bugs for Era of Myths, please send those to the Eras thread in factions and eras.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
bananapants

Post by bananapants »

One of my favourite campaigns. Happy to find it again.

Thanks for your work
Deki

Post by Deki »

Last scenario is really hard with so many powerful enemy units. Velamoi did not helped either. When he appeared as final enemy, I was so annoyed with his continuous treachery that I immediately detached some units to punish him for the last time hoping that the rest of my forces would be enough to stop main enemy advance from the west. Unfortunately for me that did not work, my defense crumbled under the pressure. I have to change my approach it seems.
osaridsaris

Post by osaridsaris »

I'm not able to find this on the addons server... I'm running 1.11.15, is that too new of a wesnoth version?
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

osaridsaris wrote:I'm not able to find this on the addons server... I'm running 1.11.15, is that too new of a wesnoth version?
Count Kromire is on the 1.10 and 1.11 servers, but was not uploaded to the 1.12 server. The currently 1.11.15 is a beta for 1.12, so it points to the 1.12 add-on server now, which was active as of February 2014 (which was after Velensk updated it to the 1.11 server).

You can pull it from the 1.11 server and place it in your userdata folder.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

The actual reason Count Kromire isn't on 1.12 is because Era of Myths hasn't been updated to 1.12.

I've mentioned in the EoM thread that as soon as it's updated they should let me know so I can put my campaign up.
osaridsaris

Post by osaridsaris »

I did a manual install of both Era of Myths and Count Kromire from 1.11 , other than a lot of deprecation warnings I got through a bunch of scenarios, then
Spoiler:
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

It sounds to me like it's the objectives that are off and in fact you could destroy him. He shouldn't be able to attack you without you being able to attack him back. Just go with the way the plot seems like it should go. If that ends up being a problem then send me a replay and I'll try to figure out what's going on (I have tested all the scenarios on my 1.12).
Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

Velensk wrote:The actual reason Count Kromire isn't on 1.12 is because Era of Myths hasn't been updated to 1.12.

I've mentioned in the EoM thread that as soon as it's updated they should let me know so I can put my campaign up.
Era of Myths is now on the 1.12 servers. Would be great if you upload this campain.
Try out the dark board theme.
Kewltist

Post by Kewltist »

Tips on third scenario? Completely overwhelmed by the swarm of vampires even while having several lvl 2 halfbloods and duelists. I suppose the tactic is to distract the enemy and make him split his forces in half, but I didn't succeed in doing that. Also tried to contain enemy forces to the river by doing a bat rush, but that also failed.
The 1.6 replay uploaded by Velensk doesn't seem to work.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Here's a replay on hard for 1.12
Attachments
CK-Michbie_replay.gz
(32.66 KiB) Downloaded 497 times
Kewltist

Post by Kewltist »

Thank thee, it help'd a ton!
marat

Post by marat »

Russian translation
Attachments
wesnoth-Kromire.zip
.mo +.po + not translated list
(61.97 KiB) Downloaded 372 times