Wesnoth 1.11.12 (1.12 beta 3)

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Curtis

Re: Wesnoth 1.11.12 (1.12 beta 3 — lost saved games

Post by Curtis »

mattsc wrote:
Are you sure that you are looking in your home directory? ~/Library/Application Support/ not /Library/Application Support/ ? If you are using Finder, the Library directory in your home directory might be hidden (depending on the version of OS X), but you can get there by pressing command-shift-g and typing in the path. Or by getting there in a terminal window.[/quote]

It wasn't hidden, but thanks to your description, I was able to find it anyway. Thank you.
Coffee
Inactive Developer

Re: Wesnoth 1.11.12 (1.12 beta 3)

Post by Coffee »

I think a good solution to the drake WC unwalkable terrain movement might be to just give them unwalkable movement (like the gryphon variation of the WC). The drake clasher description says the reason why it can't fly is just the heavy armor and implies that it can indeed fly without it.

EDIT:
@wesbane: After checking to see that there was no bug report I made one . Without the bug report we weren't likely to fix the problem, and this is why no one has looked at it since 1.10 when you first found the issue.

EDIT2:
@wesbane: Fixed and you should be able to test for the next 1.11.x version.
Zolm

Post by Zolm »

Couldn't find nothing related to it, but I was using 1.11.5 until yesterday, finished downloading this one a couple hours ago. Windows version.

On 11.5 I could hold shift and select/move units with accelerate speed without having to toggle the option on; but on 11.12 the game won't let me select units or move them as long as I hold shift before clicking. After the move command, I can hold shift normally.

Just would like to know if this is intended due something else or just a small bug no one noticed because many probably don't use it or something.
Generous

Re: Wesnoth 1.11.12 (1.12 beta 3) - MAC OS problem

Post by Generous »

When I launch Battle for Wesnoth in full screen mode, it is impossible to switch between applications.
I cannot swipe between desktops using trackpad, and F3 button - "mission control" - is not working.
Command+H shortcut, instead of hiding the application's window, just turns it into the black screen!

I find it unacceptable that this severe bug is still not fixed, despite so many updates have passed.
There is no such problem at Windows version: you can hide BfW window easily, by pressing "Win" key

EDIT - I have submitted this bug here: https://gna.org/bugs/index.php?21943
Hopefully, it would be fixed before new version comes out...
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Generous wrote:I find it unacceptable that this severe bug is still not fixed, despite so many updates have passed.
I know, right? Those bastards! How do they sleep at night?
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Yaiyan

Post by Yaiyan »

Generous wrote:When I launch Battle for Wesnoth in full screen mode, it is impossible to switch between applications.
I cannot swipe between desktops using trackpad, and F3 button - "mission control" - is not working.
Command+H shortcut, instead of hiding the application's window, just turns it into the black screen!

I find it unacceptable that this severe bug is still not fixed, despite so many updates have passed.
There is no such problem at Windows version: you can hide BfW window easily, by pressing "Win" key

EDIT - I have submitted this bug here: https://gna.org/bugs/index.php?21943
Hopefully, it would be fixed before new version comes out...
I don't know much about this, but I'm fairly confident that this isn't unique to Wesnoth, and is the case for most games using SDL on mac.

Since you're obviously keen to fix this bug, maybe I'll do a little googling to help you out.

EDIT: (Ok, thanks stackoverflow). According to Apples developer documentation, then the way to fix this is to create a borderless window the size of the display - as opposed to making it properly fullscreen and capturing all the inputs, looks like it might have something to do with the SDL_WINDOW_FULLSCREEN_DESKTOP FLAG. However, I've hardly touched SDL for a year or two, and never on mac, so I'm not 100% sure.

EDIT2: Also, seems that you need to set a few other flags as otherwise you end up minimising the window when it loses focus :roll:

EDIT3: Ah, seems that this is an SDL2 feature, so I presume that Wesnoth won't be working in fullscreen properly on OS X for 1.12, but since they're upgrading for 1.13.x, then I'm guessing it should (hopefully) be fixable for 1.14.
Generous

Post by Generous »

Yaiyan wrote:I don't know much about this, but I'm fairly confident that this isn't unique to Wesnoth, and is the case for most games using SDL on mac.
Since you're obviously keen to fix this bug, maybe I'll do a little googling to help you out...
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Yaiyan! I have tried to look for similar problems and workarounds
about SDL1.2-based Mac fullscreen apps, and found this interesting thread: https://github.com/arx/ArxLibertatis/pull/172
http://www.digitalmzx.net/forums/index. ... 3134&st=30
maybe it could be helpful to Developers ( I hope that someone already released the fix for another SDL app,
which could be applied to "Battle for Wesnoth" )