Zero's art

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Andrettin

Re: Zero's art

Post by Andrettin »

Turuk wrote: He has plans for them to be part of an era.
Thanks!
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

I felt like messing with some old works, and thus revamped the old moon-shaman design.

I also revised some of the really really old northguard sprites for Vultraz (I'm pretty sure that the old lv2 dates from 2010! Man, things change a lot over the course of four years).
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

It's comforting to know that I could probably make portraits for any units I wanted to, even if in practice I'd be too lazy to actually do any of them.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Wow, that's awesome! It lacks the photo-realistic textures of LordBob's works, however, so you it'd be out of place in mainline. However, for UMC... (do you have a bigger version of this guy specifically?)
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Just a friendly reminder of the portrait standards (in case you want this or future portraits to be used):
-200x200 on black is the old standard. Various portraits have this as a profile version, but it can also be automatically generated.
-400x400 on transparency is the new standard. Extra requirements: top and right edge cannot crop anything. Size is flexible, but everything important should be within 500x500 (and the suggested idea to crop things bigger than that to screen size isn't actually implemented).
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

I haven't done any Wesnoth-style pixelart in a while. Half a year, apparently?
Wender_BR

Post by Wender_BR »

long time ago I played some eras of addons and i found units of ice,cold units, is it from you, is that a campaign with them?is there a era in addon of them? xD
thanks for the answer (I dont speak english very well..)

ah, awesome work!
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

You're going to have to be a bit more specific than just 'ice, cold units'. Some exact names would probably be helpful.
Wender_BR

Post by Wender_BR »

after seacrhing at your long topic :p i found them, it's jadealchemical right? how its going the work of this faction? seems to be finished the base frames of units , their [units_type] codes are completed?
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

Nah, I never got around to writing any code for them, or tricking anybody else into doing that work for me. I think people have, over time, independently borrowed some graphics for their own stuff, but there's not exactly an official faction or anything.
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Unit code isnt that hard to write, when you got all units images and also you know which sounds you wish to use for this unit attacks or defend then you just open any other unit code and base on it.

About that ice units i used them in WOTG, right now its not on wesnoth server and i'm now not able to put it there again (its too long to say why). They were only images without any info about new coming faction when i was using it.
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
Nikita_Sadkov

Post by Nikita_Sadkov »

Well done sprites with a lot of work put in. I'm surprised they are not being appreciated more widely and people continue use some older cheesy versions.

Especially love the mechanical dragon - it would have made amazing boss for some goblins vs dwarves campaign.
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

One more for the road. Feel free to use any of these however you want.
Attachments
ophanim.png
ophanim.png (24.53 KiB) Viewed 8789 times
DeCoolest_Cat

Post by DeCoolest_Cat »

They look great! It's nice to see you're creating more art. I especially like the blue "snake", if you call it that. Just a quick question, are the... feathers... on the machines team color or will they show up like that in game?
Author of beta campaign Kalbruk's Journey - My art thread - My collection of single player scenarios: The Archives
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

On a whim tonight, I drew up a Lv4 Nightgaunt upgrade!

What would this thing do, I wonder? An ability that goes something like "Mortal Terror: Deals triple damage while a unit is on the opposite hex to this unit. Deals quadruple damage if that unit has Backstab or Mortal Terror." might be appropriate!

Anyways, that's just a random thought, use this guy however you want! Seeya in another five months when I get bored, I guess.
ultra nightgaunt.png
ultra nightgaunt.png (7.87 KiB) Viewed 8207 times
DeCoolest_Cat wrote:They look great! It's nice to see you're creating more art. I especially like the blue "snake", if you call it that. Just a quick question, are the... feathers... on the machines team color or will they show up like that in game?
I don't think they're TC. I think I was making some sort of faction out of them too, but I didn't get anywhere beyond the one-off unit line.