Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

garyamort

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by garyamort »

Dugi wrote:I have very little save files preserved after an accident, can you please upload the problematic save file here?

Anyway, I am not sure how well is working the transition of save files from version 1.10 to 1.11+, maybe you've done just an unsupported thing. Maybe it would be the best to finish the campaign on 1.10, it works better there anyway.
Sorry for the delay. Here is one of the save files.

I went ahead and rolled back to the first turn from the previous scenario[Annihilation, Scenario 7] - and took the opportunity to modify the difficulty from medium to hard. So far it's been working fine in 1.13dev and I've gotten back up through 08_The_Desert

I'm also working on hacking it a little this week. I want to add 2 more inventory options:
Unequip and store from All Active
Unequip and store from All Stored

I frequently want to reassign items on the next campaign when things change a lot - especially as I like to try going through it with everyone unequipped first to see how they do. Also sometimes some old hero I don't use anymore has some equipment I want back, having to recall them just to unequip them is annoying.

Ideally, I'd want to restrict those options so they only appear either on turn 1 or 2 or when a scenario has been concluded...ie don't leave it active during normal gameplay, just allow it for a quick filter at the start or end of the game.
Attachments
LotI2-Finally_Together-Auto-Save17.gz
(808.72 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It appears that there is a lack of save file compatibility between versions 1.13-dev and 1.10. Save files that aren't created within scenarios (named like LotI2-Jungle_Hell.gz) can be loaded without trouble, still. Load the LotI2-Jungle_Hell.gz save file created on 1.10 on 1.13-dev and it should work (if you ignore that load of unimportant error messages).
d12ift

Post by d12ift »

This maybe bug.. Woodland Clock reduce Stormrider's evasion in forest from 30% to 20%.. unlike when using by others that it increase evasion in forest by 10%
and about charge leadership.. when my Stormrider charge attack that support by charge leadership it still double dmg even furthur. Does this is what it should be?
also have some problem with Argan in Chapter 2 last scenario. He always charge into death by turn 5 so I've to change chance to hit him in that scenario even more (to 0%) in order to continue campaign.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

The woodland cloak bug is a bug in wesnoth that wasn't fixed yet in wesnoth 1.10.

The game also chooses how do weapon specials stack, so 4 times more damage taken and dealt with leadership is its choice.

I've never seen Argan charge to his death anywhere in chapter 2, but it's not impossible and I'll try to prevent it from happening.
Kingslayer

Post by Kingslayer »

Playing through this today for the first time. Great add-on, I must say. The units are much more powerful than normal and I am feeling very spoiled with the power at my command :lol:

I'm just going to post what typos I find (and there are a fair few) from now on, in this post, and keep updating this so that I don't clutter the topic. I won't post the pesky grammatical stuff, just the obvious ones.
Spoiler:
So, I've been given the go for the pesky grammatical stuff.
Spoiler:
Here is also a list of tense-inconsistencies

This is where the narrator switches between "They arrived at the port" and "They arrive at the port"
Personally, I like the past-tense storytelling more, and because you seem to mostly use that, I will correct it to this form.
Spoiler:
Last edited by Kingslayer on April 5th, 2014, 1:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Please post also the pesky grammatical stuff, I am not a native speaker of English language and need correcting from time to time. Good idea to update the same post, this thread is insanely cluttered already.
Kingslayer

Post by Kingslayer »

Dugi wrote:Please post also the pesky grammatical stuff, I am not a native speaker of English language and need correcting from time to time. Good idea to update the same post, this thread is insanely cluttered already.

Understood.
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

2 items to let you know about. The first is in The End of All Hopes. In the window where it shows time of day, it shows the underground picture but not the outside picture. The other is in Nightmare where there is an WML error - unit type not found when Achilles is recruiting. I've included the save files for both. And I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is one of the best add-ons that I've played. GREAT job. I've also noted grammatical errors here and there but the campaign is sooo good I let them go. :D
Attachments
LotI1-Nightmare.gz
(161.49 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
LotI1-End_of_all_Hopes_Turn_3_Time_of_Day_bug.gz
(523.72 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

The first is in The End of All Hopes. In the window where it shows time of day, it shows the underground picture but not the outside picture.
The locations of the pictures that show the time have changed in a certain 1.11 version and I did not learn about it (many changes come unannounced). Fixed it, will be in the next version.
The other is in Nightmare where there is an WML error - unit type not found when Achilles is recruiting.
This is a very old bug, it seems, no idea why it wasn't reported before. Good that at least you told me about it.
I've also noted grammatical errors here and there but the campaign is sooo good I let them go.
Can you please tell me about them when you find them? I don't want them.
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

Dugi wrote:
I've also noted grammatical errors here and there but the campaign is sooo good I let them go.
Can you please tell me about them when you find them? I don't want them.
From here on out I will.
Kingslayer

Post by Kingslayer »

My skeletal dragon lost it's potion of speed benefits when it leveled up?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Yes, that's the intended behaviour. You can drink any number of potions and they aren't very rare, so they need a limitation.
Kingslayer

Post by Kingslayer »

Aww...ah well, your campaign, your rules
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Not exactly. A great number of changes, including many significant ones, were done because of feedback. But nobody ever complained about the way potions work, except occasional bug suspicions. So, if you think that something could be done better, write about it.
Kingslayer

Post by Kingslayer »

Well in that case...

The reason I was kinda disappointed with the potion was that I got it as a boss drop, and I figured that it was a pretty good reward; hard boss, strong potion - but it didn't last. So maybe have all potions be either temporary or permanent, but make the permanent ones much rarer/only available as boss drops?