Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

@edwardspec
Will be in the next version. It will has no requirements except the legacy of light (and is required by nothing because many units don't need it).

@Elendil
The help cannot be much controlled, so there is pretty much nothing I can do with that if I don't want to make his unique unit type be always listed on the list of human units.
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

While playing the second campaign scenario "Gods" I noticed a bug. I've included a save game. When Efraim uses whirlwind on the shaman and archer, he kills both but only the one targeted transforms into undead and stays on the map. The other unit transforms but then disappears.
Attachments
LotI1-Gods_Turn_23_bug.gz
Attack either shaman or archer to replicate bug.
(483.62 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

That isn't a bug, I decided not to spread most weapon specials to additional targets, because (in this case) it would let you create far too many zombies and it would be too easy.
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

I didn't mean about corpses, I can understand that. But all the elves transform into an undead unit when killed but only one or the other does.
atom1999

Post by atom1999 »

Hi - I am on Chapter 4, dealing with trolls and Efraim is reset to having no advancements and no items at the start of the scenario. This has not happened with any other scenarios. I was wondering if anyone could telll me what the problem was and how I could fix it?
Thanks
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@tbaker
This is weird, it seems that some functions of the game don't behave as I expect... I'll need to study this deeper.

@atom1999
This is a bug in a certain unstable version of wesnoth (something like 1.11.4 or 1.11.6), try to use either 1.10 or a newer version.
atom1999

Post by atom1999 »

@Dugi - thanks for replying. However, I have version 1.10.7 - which the website describes as the stable version. Should I be using version 1.11.12, the development one?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

That bug doesn't appear on 1.10.7. It must be something else, then. Nobody ever reported that. Can you please send me a save file from the beginning of the scenario where this problem appears and a save file from the end of the previous scenario?
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

Exterminator can equip swords after it receives "able to perform a whirlwind attack" advancement.
Attachments
Exterminator_Doombringer.gz
Example (a sword is on the ground)
(307.71 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
atom1999

Post by atom1999 »

These are the files -one from dealing with trolls, one from the previous scenario which doesn't feature efraim, and one from the last scenario which did feature him. Hope that helps.
LotI1-The_First_Blow-Auto-Save15.gz
The last save of the previous scenario
(565.81 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
LotI1-Dealing_with_Trolls-Auto-Save1.gz
Dealing with trolls, where Efraim loses all items and experience/advancements
(525.63 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
LotI1-Revolution_Begins_Turn_30gh.gz
The last (manual) save of the last scenario to feature efraim
(499.41 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@edwardspec
The whirlwind attack added by an advancement was identified as a sword attack and allowed him to use swords. Fixed it, will be in the next version.

@atom1999
Can you please give me more save files, from scenarios An Army is Born and maybe earlier The First Blow? Something weird is going on, and it is to be a coincidence of something that happened before the save file from The First Blow scenario.
atom1999

Post by atom1999 »

These are the files for an army is born and the start of the first blow. Hope this helps. Thanks again.
LotI1-An_Army_Is_Born_Turn_15v_.gz
(511.95 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
LotI1-The_First_Blow.gz
(243.01 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Hate to say it, but I learned only that the problem happened even earlier. I see only its consequence in both save files :( Can you please send me save files LotI1-An_Army_Is_Born.gz and something from the end of the Nemesis scenario?
atom1999

Post by atom1999 »

These are the files and one from the scenario before - would you like the replays as well?

LotI1-Nemesis.gz
(229.11 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
LotI1-An_Army_Is_Born.gz
(222.2 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
LotI1-Castle_of_the_Wicked.gz
(225.31 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Something wicked and impossible to replicate happened between scenarios Nemesis and An Army is Born. I have no idea what if was, but when I started the Nemesis scenario and killed Argan, there was no such problem in An Army is Born. I will try to investigate it deeper, but I already have all that I needed from you (maybe a replay from the Nemesis scenario might help me).

Here is a corrected save file. Unfortunately, you'll have to repeat the last two scenarios.
Attachments
LotI1-An_Army_Is_Born_Corrected.gz
(463.51 KiB) Downloaded 128 times