Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Shaggy

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Shaggy »

I wrote that the version of wesnoth is 1.11.10
Btw I'm playing on windows xp SP2 if that's of any help.

And here is the save file requested:
Attachments
LotI1-Twilight-Auto-Save18.gz
(448.42 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I appears to be a 1.11.10-only problem, when I tried to load it on a newer version, it worked perfectly.

I have killed the last enemy, it created this save file, just load it and it should be okay (you will be warned about a different version, ignore it).
Attachments
LotI1-Shadow_Empire.gz
(110.73 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Shaggy

Post by Shaggy »

Did like you told, worked perfectly :)
Thanks Dugi, now, on to playing it for hours :D
Battlecruiser_Venca

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

Hi there,

as LotI fan, I've uploaded a simple, experimental MP modification that allows LotI advancements in any multiplayer map. Available in 1.11.11+ :)
It's called LotIMod.

Have fun!
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

In Gladiators, Elvish Assasin has some unlabeled advancement that does nothing.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Battlecruiser_Venca
Interesting. I wanted to create a LotI era at some point, but haven't figured out what should some units advance to because some units in default factions don't have such advancements (mermen, nagas, woses, ghouls), seems you don't care about these few units. I wonder how much will it be used.
Anyway, you could alter the description to show the meaning of the LotI shortcut, it isn't obvious to everybody.

@edwardspec
I have forgotten about this peculiar property of that unit that has to be corrected. I'll fix that.
Battlecruiser_Venca

Dugi:
Addon description altered. This addon just calls some LotI code to do its thingy like it's done in core LotI MP scenarios. It may not be considered balaced, but it's just for fun :)
Battlecruiser_Venca

MP BUG: In MP LotI game, when Lich advances an error message spawns saying "Could not find the unit being advanced to: Lich Lord" and terminates the scenario.

Shouldn't it be Lich King?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Yes, I wrote there Lich Lord instead of Lich King for some reasons. The fix will be included in the next version.
garyamort

Post by garyamort »

I love the game. I especially love the AMLA's... I try to recruit a couple of everything just to see what they will level up to! :-)

I have been playing on 1.10 and am halfway through campaign 8. I've been using v1.10.6 and wanted to take a look at the new interface so I installed 1.13dev [I also tried 1.11.12].

I was some way into "Jungle Hell", so after installing I reloaded a save file from the end of the previous scenario[Together again] and finished it so I could start JH from the very beginning. Unfortunately, something odd happens when I try to go from one scenario to the other, instead of the 4 main chars being available, I git Effraim and a random assortment of whoever was active at the end of the last scenario.

I have the same problem if I go back 2 scenarios[ie load the one from before Jungle Hell and advance to JH] - it just happens in JH instead[random assortment of chars from the last scenario appear]
I don't mind restarting the campaign if I have to...I'm just curious if there is a way around this? Also, if I do have to restart the campaign how do I do that? Normally I will just load the last turn of the previous campaign, finish it and then let everything advance.

Thanks!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I have very little save files preserved after an accident, can you please upload the problematic save file here?

Anyway, I am not sure how well is working the transition of save files from version 1.10 to 1.11+, maybe you've done just an unsupported thing. Maybe it would be the best to finish the campaign on 1.10, it works better there anyway.
Darkon

Post by Darkon »

I finished this campaing today, and i have to say, this campaing is absolutely awesome, its a masterpiece. The only things that i want to know if, ¿You will continue the history? I'd like to see how the campaing continue with the battle againts the black souls using some sort of undead, maybe a world divided between the black souls and the demons, and you start recruiting demon undeads, and sort of that
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

There are no concrete plans to make a continuation. But I am occasionally thinking of possibilities.

Not long ago, I considered a possibility to make it possible to export the units and allow them to join several extra challenges, maybe in multiplayer, and Efraim and Lethalia fighting a guerilla war in the conquered world can be one of them. But it would be rather like 1 scenario, nothing long. I think I'll do this eventually.

But I don't plan anything of larger size for them, the continuation of their story would suit into an action game, not much to wesnoth (they are just too strong). I was considering the option of making an action game, though.

When I was considering possibilities for a hypothetical sequel, I concluded that it should better take place in the world they 'created', without them.
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

Just a thought:
how about adding "Becomes lawful" to Legacy of Light advancements?
Last edited by edwardspec on March 28th, 2014, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elendil

Post by Elendil »

Just wanted to report a small bug.
In chap 1, as long as Efraim is a fencer/master at arms & such (until Shadowalker), his description is unknown. That's not really a big deal, but just wanted to let you know.