Wesnoth 1.11.11 (1.12 beta 2)

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Iris
Site Administrator

Wesnoth 1.11.11 (1.12 beta 2)

Post by Iris »

Wesnoth 1.11.11 (1.12 beta 2) is out!

Screenshot Screenshot Screenshot Screenshot

The eleventh development release of this series brings forth more bug fixes and improvements based on the feedback provided thus far. One bug fix in particular deals with an issue affecting a vast number of mainline and user-made campaigns and scenarios — players and content authors running 1.11.10 are strongly encouraged to upgrade to this version.

As with the previous release, a feature and string freeze is in effect in order to facilitate the bug fixing process and the work of our translators, all in preparation for the upcoming stable release, Wesnoth 1.12.0.
  • Players should test these betas and all the various new features and units included for single-player and multiplayer games.
  • Content authors should start porting their content to these versions and testing it now to ensure first-time players of version 1.12.0 — or Wesnoth in general — have a chance to play with their favorite add-ons when the time comes.
  • Translators should work on translating mainline Wesnoth and try to aim for 100% completion before 1.12.0, which is expected to become available within a couple of months. Players with the required language skills can also help — all the instructions to contribute to the mainline translation teams are in the wiki.
Everyone willing to test this beta release should report any bugs they encounter, be they issues found during normal gameplay, or when working with WML or Lua for add-on content. Every properly-filed bug report is useful to us, no matter how trivial or obvious the issue may seem to be.

Typos in the English text of the game should also be reported in the wiki so they can be amended as soon as possible.

Here is a list of the most important changes since the last development release:
The alignment and race labels in the unit status display on the sidebar have returned in this release, after their mysterious disappearance in version 1.11.8.

Additionally, the sidebar now includes a colored flag and side number for the unit displayed.
WML event handlers using the comma-separated [event] name="event type 1,event type 2,..." syntax were accidentally broken in Wesnoth 1.11.10, causing them to not be fired when expected. This issue, which affected a vast number of mainline and user-made campaigns and scenarios, has been fixed in this release.
While it has never been possible to directly include files with names containing whitespace using the file inclusion syntax, it was possible to indirectly include them by including their parent directory in the absence of a _main.cfg file in it. This caused problems with several maintenance tools.

For this reason, add-on uploads containing filenames with whitespace began to be rejected by the 1.12.x add-ons server around the time of the 1.11.10 release. Furthermore, the WML preprocessor in 1.11.11 and later clients will emit an error when an attempt is made to {include} a directory containing filenames with whitespace.

Example:

Code: Select all

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
    <Add-on Name>

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Found filename containing whitespace: '<file name.cfg>' in included directory '<user data dir>/data/add-ons/Addon_Name/sample-dir.
    The included symbol probably looks similar to './sample-dir/'
    at ~add-ons/Addon_Name/_main.cfg:1
An important bug causing the “Captured” scenario to behave incorrectly since the rewrite in 1.11.10 is addressed in this version.

Additionally, the terrain maps for several scenarios of this campaign have been improved.
A bug causing an enemy leader unit in the last scenario of the campaign to be completely broken is fixed in this version.
There may be more changes in addition to the aforementioned, including translation updates and fixes for recent and long-standing issues. Most of these items are listed in the full changelog. There’s also an alternative players changelog including only those changes deemed to be relevant for regular players. Finally, an announcement including a list with the most notable changes between 1.10 and 1.12 will be made available along with the 1.12.0 release when it is ready.

New Contributors

Do you want to help shape the future of Wesnoth too? You are always free to join us in the #wesnoth-dev IRC channel on irc.freenode.net to ask for help with getting started!

Downloads

Source code (389.9 MB) (MD5 sum)

Xdelta from 1.11.10 (14.8 MB) (About Xdelta)

The Windows, Mac OS X, and OpenPandora packages are already available and can be found on the Download page in the wiki.

All known Linux packagers have been contacted, and binaries for your distribution may have already been created. Information about where to get the respective binaries or how to install them can be found on the Linux binaries page in the wiki.

Downloads for other platforms may be found on the Download page in the wiki as they become available.
The multiplayer server for 1.11.11 is up and running. This server can be used to play with other players running 1.11.10 and later 1.11.x and 1.12.x versions, unless a future bug fix requires raising the version requirements.

The add-ons server for 1.12.x is already running. It was started for 1.11.10 and it will serve all future beta and RC releases from this series, as well as all releases in the stable 1.12.x series. If you encounter any problems with add-ons not working as expected, please notify the content’s author or maintainer.

If you find any bugs, do not hesitate to report them, but please read the instructions on how to report bugs first! As bug reports in the forums tend to be forgotten, you will get better results using our bug tracker. We require your help for finding and fixing issues, no matter how obvious, trivial or complicated they seem!

Have fun!
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
tekelili

Re: Wesnoth 1.11.11 (1.12 beta 2)

Post by tekelili »

A recruit event from my campaign that works perfectly in 1.10 makes wesnoth 1.11.11 crash. I havent tested line by line of code to isolate bug, but I am almost convinced that is generating random numbers during recruit event what causes crash, because I had the same crash in 1.10 during recall events caused by generating random numbers.

In case I was wrong, my test isolated bug in this macro that is used in a recruit event
Spoiler:
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

Post by Wintermute »

There are a number of bugs that are getting attention right now. If you can reproduce it easily then please file a bug report about (if you haven't already) it so that it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.
"I just started playing this game a few days ago, and I already see some balance issues."
Dindoz

Post by Dindoz »

Where we can see the bug list ?

Ok I found it, I didnt see it before because the certificat is not secure for firefox.
Computer : Clevo w310cz Os : Ubuntu 13.10 TBoW : 11.11.11
Sorry for my poor english I do my best.
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

Post by Wintermute »

Dindoz wrote:Where we can see the bug list ?

Ok I found it, I didnt see it before because the certificat is not secure for firefox.
bugs.wesnoth.org, for anybody else looking. ;)

I don't know, but I assume the certificate is a money issue or something - the site is fine. I do hope anyone going there to report bugs doesn't get scared off by it!
"I just started playing this game a few days ago, and I already see some balance issues."
zing_dager

Post by zing_dager »

Yo, is it just me, or is the editor not finished yet? It will not let me press some of the buttons such as the create unit button and a few others :(
Dindoz

Post by Dindoz »

you need to create a scenario to be able to use unit button, side area and other.

For use your .map as scenario : open editor save a empty map as scenario and then copy the map data from your *.map in the field : map_data="" of the empty map and then you have your map as scenario and special button will be avaible.

If you want start a empty scenario use "new scenario"
Computer : Clevo w310cz Os : Ubuntu 13.10 TBoW : 11.11.11
Sorry for my poor english I do my best.
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

why screens 1 and 4 usetextures for minimap tiles but screens 2 and 3 use flat tiles?
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

dont get me wrong i think the flat tiles are wayyyy better.