Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Raijer

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Raijer »

About Lethalia's and Efraim's AMLAs, i tried using debug to make them advance to the max, and indeed ended up having to make it around 100-150 times, while not having all the redeem possibilities. Actually isn't all that useful, as the items make them incredibly stronger than any advancement they can take (except the spiritual form/particle storm, maybe). About Dugi's wrath... Let's say i need 7 black pearls altough i played it full power and need minimum 2500 exp for each of my units (max being 7600, Lethalia and Efraim are at 7600 too). And i'm at the last scenario in chapter 9. So, i'm gonna try playing it for years to have Dugi's Wrath. But i don't think it's all that awesome. It's a stand alone ultra powerful item, but some sets are definitely more incredible like those:
- combine cunctator's sword and nimble boots, and enjoy the infinite hit and run + explosive slow
-the dark set of destruction's nice too

I was wondering if it was possible to create something like a special ability that can be had only by combining Dugi's Wrath and Dugi's Ward. Who knows, invicibility for 1 turn when having less than 5% hps ? (Just kidding, that would be overcheated) But anyway, giving it something new when combining both could be good, not that anyone can actually forge both.

Quick question: I can't seem to find the "Angel of Death's ring", has anyone seen it/completed the set of Last Guide/Death/Pale Rider ?
What's the probability of it dropping ?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I can't seem to find the "Angel of Death's ring"
It is quite a rare item, chance that an item dropped will be this item is only 1/700 (that is like 1/10000 from any unit), second half only. Maybe it deserves to be less rare.
Battlecruiser_Venca

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

BUG: In gladiators scenario start a new game with single player (only one slot is filled). I've chosen very easy difficulty. After fight starts, you wait several turns for first nemy to spawn. The first enemy is boss and the turn after that another boss spawns. the "double boss" happens every wave.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

The double boss issue was already reported, but I think that in your case, the issue was described in a more detailed and easier-to-replicate way, thanks.
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

I have to say that this campaign seems to be great. I'm just about to finish the first chapter so I have a long way to go but it very different and I like that aspect. I just have two things to report.

1) Chapter 1 Scenario 4 - Paradise Lost. While playing this scenario I noticed a time when one of my units was hit and "jumped" to an adjacent hex. I looked through the replay and saw it 3 different times all in the SW corner on hits by the Boss there. I believe it was on turns 5, 6, and 8. I included the replay, not sure if that helps or not because I've never reported any bugs or glitches I've seen although I've played BfW for a year or more.

2) Chapter 1 Scenario 6 - Ruins of Lost Empires. I read earlier about a negative HP bug. Well, on turn 30 or so my Master Bowman (has retribution) is hit by an Orchish Archer. The damage put my archer at -4 but the retribution killed the Archer and my Master Bowman survived.

Thanks for the campaign. 10 thumbs up.
LotI1-Paradise_Lost_replay.gz
(172.74 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
LotI1-Ruins_of_Lost_Empires_replay.gz
(234.77 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

tbaker wrote:1) Chapter 1 Scenario 4 - Paradise Lost. While playing this scenario I noticed a time when one of my units was hit and "jumped" to an adjacent hex. I looked through the replay and saw it 3 different times all in the SW corner on hits by the Boss there. I believe it was on turns 5, 6, and 8. I included the replay, not sure if that helps or not because I've never reported any bugs or glitches I've seen although I've played BfW for a year or more.
Not a bug: in your replay, the enemy boss has 'knockback' weapon special. It is supposed to make targets "jump".
ELIADOR

Post by ELIADOR »

Dugi should make a multiplayer campaign for Legend of the Invincibles or at least a multiplayer addon for it. It would be great in survival maps.
A while ago...
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@tbaker
I wasn't able to replicate the negative hitpoints bug. Replays are very troublesome for the purpose of showing the problems, I haven't even managed to find when it is supposed to happen. The best way to show bugs is to save it just before the bug happens, but this negative hitpoints problem isn't usually possible to replicate. But the retribution kill might be actually the cause.

As edwardspec said, the jump to adjacent hex is an ability of that leader and it is designed to do that. Leaders have some special abilities, though not all.

@edwardspec
Thanks.

@ELIADOR
There is one, but it has great technical difficulties. It needs to be a really long survival if you're supposed to possess more items and collect after maximum level advancements.
There is also a leader-only survival scenario, it comes with the campaign, just look at the list of multiplayer maps if you have the campaign installed, it should be there.
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

In Gladiators, when two last units of the wave were simultaneously destroyed by whirlwind attack, the message about next round was displayed twice, hero received money bonus twice, two items appeared.
Save game is attached (attack anything with whirlwind to replicate).
Attachments
whirlwind-doubles-next-round-bonus.gz
Whirlwind attack can double the bonus at the beginning of next round
(482.11 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

edwardspec wrote:
tbaker wrote:1) Chapter 1 Scenario 4 - Paradise Lost. While playing this scenario I noticed a time when one of my units was hit and "jumped" to an adjacent hex. I looked through the replay and saw it 3 different times all in the SW corner on hits by the Boss there. I believe it was on turns 5, 6, and 8. I included the replay, not sure if that helps or not because I've never reported any bugs or glitches I've seen although I've played BfW for a year or more.
Not a bug: in your replay, the enemy boss has 'knockback' weapon special. It is supposed to make targets "jump".
OK. That makes a lot of sense. I keep missing the special attacks on some of these creatures. Causes a whole lot of chaos when I get hit by what I think is just a regular creature and now I'm poisoned. But it makes this campaign very good.
Enginuity

Post by Enginuity »

Bug: On second scenario of Chapter 6 (scenario "Who Am I"), when you recruit a soulless and advance it, it can be: Monstrosity, Revenant, Bone Shooter. The problem is that Monstrosity shows up twice in the list...
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@edwardspec
I did not think of this possibility, I'll have to control it through some variables to avoid this.

@Enginuity
That problem is a consequence of another problem I can't figure out. Do you know what exactly happened to that unit from the time it was recruited (and was it even recruited)?
Enginuity

Post by Enginuity »

Yes, it was recruited. Nothing really happened... just fought, killed some dark adepts.
Shaggy

Post by Shaggy »

Hiya Dugi!
So I'm playing Legend of the invincibles and got stuck on the scenario of the chapter one, Twilight, the one in the valley of cold harmony.
The problem is, i kill allll the baddies and nothing happens, the objectives say to kill all the icy monsters and so i did... I exterminated them and nothing happens no dialogue no end scenario or smt else... I kept clicking end turn, the turns run out and it sounds my defeat, garcyn is still alive and kicking(nothing in this case since everything except the two of us is dead) a lot of his soldiers as well...
I'm not good at all with the technical stuff at all so im sorry I cant provide any more feedback than this.
I'm playing on version of wesnoth 1.11.10
i don't know if it's a bug or am I just misinterpreting something...
I'm realllly enjoying your campaign and it's awesome!! And would like to play it further :)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@enginuity
I was able to replicate it when I recruited a Soulless. I can't say yet why does the problem happen.

@Shaggy
Not long ago, a guy reported absolutely the same problem. When I loaded his save file, I killed the last enemy and won, the problem didn't happen. What is your version of wesnoth? Can you upload here a save file created just before killing the last enemy?