Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

B_knight286

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by B_knight286 »

Thanks. Already had made a shortcut to that secret folder thanks to Minecraft mods. Well, I'll mess around in the game trying to see if an ice spirit hid somewhere, but all the water seems shallow, and the skeleton side is aggressive enough to not just sit around. This save is just before I finished off the boss. The monster side has no units left, I loaded an earlier save and finished them first thing after this glitch happened. Still no victory. Hope it isn't just my machine. On one of the experimental versions, but if that changes things this much I guess you would have needed this information sooner or later. Again, if all else fails I'll assume I am the ONLY one who runs this wonderful campaign on easy mode, heheheh.
Attachments
Glitches.gz
(442.51 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I fear that problem is on your side. I loaded it on wesnoth 1.10 and my own unique version of wesnoth (should not be too different from your 1.11.10), and it both cases, killing the enemy won the scenario. The difficulty is kept in the save file, you can change it only between scenarios. I have uploaded a save file from the beginning of the next scenario to help you get through it. Good luck.
Attachments
LotI1-Shadow_Empire.gz
(115.14 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

edwardspec wrote:In Gladiators, Foul Potion was used and didn't dissipate after a level-up.
Never mind that.

Of two units with the same name in "Create Unit" debug menu, only the first one has this. I should have used the second one when replacing the hero.
Problem is not reproducible with units selected normally (via Gladiators menu), therefore nothing needs to be fixed.
ArcTrickster

Post by ArcTrickster »

@Dugi
I generally like experimenting around with numerous units and I always like that level-up feeling where I unlock more advancements etc. At the Gladiators scenario, where enemies become so strong after a point, the AMLA demons wouldn't be as op (you can spawn them with debug).It's nice playing around with more units.
I am the Trickster. And, as you already know, you can NOT trick the Trickster.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@edwardspec
When investigating it, I found that it was of the wrong unit type. However, units of the wrong unit type appear from time to time, that is a bug I haven't fixed so far because the problem is almost invisible until they advance (they cause some FPS drops).

@ArcTrickster
I might do that when wesnoth's code changes so that it wouldn't be a waste of resources.
B_knight286

Post by B_knight286 »

Huh. Wonder what went wrong? I didn't modify it in any way....in any case, thanks! Now I just hope a similar thing doesn't happen...but this is the only bug so far, so that SHOULDN'T be likely.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I have no idea what went wrong. But there are problems that don't have rational explanation, just something unexpected (can be a random modification of a file or something similarly stupid but possible).
B_knight286

Post by B_knight286 »

Heh. Loaded the save you sent me. Poor Garcyn got a demotion! That, or he slipped and lost all his shiny gear in the ice water, heheheh.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Small problem: in "heart of steelhive", the talk about being able to redeem drones goes twice, ones when you see the great computer, and once when you kill him.

Also, completely forgot to answer about improving Lilith's shadow wave: just making it be one of the AMLAs possibilities, as it isn't for now.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Raijer
I'll check the steelhive problem.
Really I have forgotten to give shadow wave AMLA to Lilith? Thanks for telling.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Also, with Lilith's AMLAs, one of the "better with axe" does nothing, the other improve both normal and whirlwind attack.
In "Sepulcher of the Nefarious", when killing the black soul Arch necromancer, he transforms in a lvl 3 lich, not in a black soul lich, though the image is still black.
EDIT: Once Abaddon is dead, Lethalia doesn't stop giving his weaknesses.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Also, with Lilith's AMLAs, one of the "better with axe" does nothing, the other improve both normal and whirlwind attack.
I was correcting that when you told me about some confusion there.
when killing the black soul Arch necromancer, he transforms in a lvl 3 lich, not in a black soul lich, though the image is still black.
That ability doesn't interact well with being a black soul. I will have to write a code to correct that.
Once Abaddon is dead, Lethalia doesn't stop giving his weaknesses.
Oops, forgot about that.
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

1. About this feature in Gladiators, when [not all enemies fit into the arena, so those created first are more powerful, and the rest is created later, as the space for them appears]:

please limit this "created later" waves to a reasonable number (e.g. 2-3).
In latter game, cleaning tens and tens of waves of imps is not much fun.

2. After attacking Corrupted Elvish Juggernaut (arcane resistance: -30%, other resistances: 0%) with "doom" attack (4 successful hits), it had incorrect -10% arcane resistance (i.e. resistance was increased instead of being decreased down to -50%) and correct -20% resistances for others. Further doom attacks worked as expected (another 4 successful hits gave -30% arcane resistance and -40% other resistances).

3. Typo in Elvish Nightprowler's advancement: "shootong better when in shooting frenzy".
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

1. Setting the maximum quantity of units that appear after the first wave to 60 (like one and half wave). The number of omitted ones will be added to all others' hitpoints.
2. Are you sure that this unit wasn't modified somehow by the scenario? Because that is too weird. If you have the save file, you can show me it so that I could tell what was done to the unit.
3. Fixed.

EDIT: I have figured out the problem with knives. If its damage type is cold because of it's the property of the unit or gained by AMLA, it is considered a magical attack and is affected by bonuses affecting magical attacks instead of bonuses affecting knives. I have made a small workaround to prevent the code from considering ranged cold attacks as spells if their name is knife.

I have fixed also a lot of other bugs mentioned and released a new version (3.1.1). Its main change is new sprite for Celestial Messenger (with a better animation than the previous one).
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

... How to say... Reading there was a new sprite for celestial messenger, i was expecting something nice but... that completely went over what i could have imagined! That sprite is one of the best looking i've ever seen. Congrats to whoever did this !!! (who did ?)

Anyway, moving on, seems like you didn't fix the knives bug (or did you not include it in that version ?). Knives still don't change anything on Efraim.

William Ernest Henley