Era of High Sorcery

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Re: Era of High Sorcery

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Big news: Since December, I've been doing a major rewrite of EoHS to make it incredibly awesome (well, more than it was already), and now it's ready for playtesting! I'll be running games on the multiplayer server over the next few days - find me.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Elvish_Pillager

And it's released!

EoHS 2.0.0 features:
- A completely revamped user interface, making training much more convenient and displaying target areas graphically
- A single "action points" system replaces the various old rules about when you could cast more than one spell on a turn
- Much expanded ability to customize your wizard's appearance, including different hairstyles and earnable hats
- Ability to preselect your skills before your turn, saving time in multiplayer
- In 1.11+, you can replace the EoHS recruit options with any other era you choose
- Four completely new spells, with more on their way, and two new summons
- Countless minor improvements to increase general convenience and compatibility

And finally,
- Probably still a bunch of little bugs - please report them as soon as you find them!
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

hmm :)

looking for a sparring partner for a first impression! :mrgreen:
Bast

Post by Bast »

Hello,

I was interested to try out your new design, but i got a warning about using 1.10.6 instead of 1.10.7.
As in ubuntu repositories we are still on 1.10.6, do i need to compile the new version, or is it possible that there is no noticeable bug by using 1.10.6 ?

Thanks.
Elvish_Pillager

I don't know. I've played some games with people on 1.10.6, so it's possible that the 1.10.6 bugs don't affect EoHS, or at least not all the time.
Bast

Post by Bast »

Ok thanks, i'll try out & let you know here if there is noticeable bugs.
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

The wescamp.py script (which extracts the translatable strings from your campaign, as you've set translatable to true in your PBL file) gave me the following output:

Code: Select all

[WARNING 2014-04-11 13:07:32,076]
init-build-sys.sh in add-on Era_of_High_Sorcery:
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/actions/dispelling_touch.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 189.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/actions/dispelling_touch.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/actions/ogre_fury.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 94.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/actions/ogre_fury.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/actions/soul_bind.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 286.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/actions/soul_bind.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/actions/circle_of_protection.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 142.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/actions/circle_of_protection.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/actions/energy_blast.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 240.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/actions/energy_blast.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/actions/summons.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 768.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/actions/summons.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/actions/mount_dismount.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 181.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/actions/mount_dismount.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/actions/poison_ground.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 92.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/actions/poison_ground.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/actions/change_terrain.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 175.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/actions/change_terrain.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/in_place_caching.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 287.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/in_place_caching.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/utils-ui.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 336.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/utils-ui.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/combat.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 523.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/combat.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/training.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 718.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/training.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/settings.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 360.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/settings.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/_initial.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 65.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/_initial.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/menu.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 502.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/menu.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/sha1.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 1055.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/sha1.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/dialogs.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 449.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/dialogs.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/debug.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 336.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/debug.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/terrain.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 402.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/terrain.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/game_action_simulations.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 956.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/game_action_simulations.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/persistence.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 354.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/persistence.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/initialization.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 784.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/initialization.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/swarms.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 408.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/swarms.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/unit_graphics.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 1572.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/unit_graphics.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/dress-up.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 797.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/dress-up.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/unit_types.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 1300.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/unit_types.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/utils.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 1173.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/utils.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/image_manipulation.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 696.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/image_manipulation.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/actions.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 950.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/actions.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
expected closed node 'i' got 'lua' at ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/spells/dehydration.cfg:113 at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 179, <FILE> line 113.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/spells/dehydration.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 115.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/spells/dehydration.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
expected closed node 'i' got 'lua' at ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/spells/fissure.cfg:77 at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 179, <FILE> line 77.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/spells/fissure.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 78.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/spells/fissure.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
expected closed node 'i' got 'lua' at ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/spells/rampage.cfg:89 at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 179, <FILE> line 89.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/spells/rampage.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 91.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/spells/rampage.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
expected closed node 'illuminates' got 'lua' at ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/spells/devour_soul.cfg:251 at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 179, <FILE> line 251.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/spells/devour_soul.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 253.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/spells/devour_soul.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
expected closed node 'i' got 'lua' at ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/spells/wizard_sword.cfg:160 at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 179, <FILE> line 160.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/spells/wizard_sword.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 162.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/spells/wizard_sword.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
expected closed node 'i' got 'lua' at ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/spells/regeneration.cfg:112 at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 179, <FILE> line 112.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/spells/regeneration.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 114.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/spells/regeneration.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
expected closed node 'i' got 'lua' at ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/casters.cfg:691 at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 179, <FILE> line 691.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/casters.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 692.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/casters.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
expected closed node 'i' got 'lua' at ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/terrain_modification.cfg:350 at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 179, <FILE> line 350.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/terrain_modification.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 351.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/terrain_modification.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
expected closed node 'i' got 'lua' at ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/enchantments.cfg:276 at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 179, <FILE> line 276.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/enchantments.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 277.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/enchantments.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
expected closed node 'instructions.lua_function' got 'lua' at ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/attribute_regeneration.cfg:212 at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 179, <FILE> line 212.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/attribute_regeneration.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 213.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/attribute_regeneration.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
expected closed node 'i' got 'lua' at ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/combat.cfg:264 at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 179, <FILE> line 264.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/combat.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 265.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/combat.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
expected closed node 'pick_id' got 'lua' at ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/training.cfg:480 at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 179, <FILE> line 480.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/training.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 481.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/training.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
expected closed node 'i' got 'lua' at ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/spell_effect_utils.cfg:41 at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 179, <FILE> line 41.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/spell_effect_utils.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 42.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/spell_effect_utils.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
expected closed node 'which_settings_chosen' got 'lua' at ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/settings.cfg:140 at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 179, <FILE> line 140.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/settings.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 141.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/settings.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
expected closed node 'enchantment' got 'lua' at ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/duplicates_of_wml_definitions.cfg:141 at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 179, <FILE> line 141.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/duplicates_of_wml_definitions.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 142.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/duplicates_of_wml_definitions.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
expected closed node 'instructions.lua_function' got 'lua' at ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/misc_events.cfg:149 at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 179, <FILE> line 149.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/misc_events.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 150.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/misc_events.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
expected closed node 'i' got 'lua' at ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/spellcasting.cfg:710 at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 179, <FILE> line 710.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/spellcasting.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 711.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/spellcasting.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
expected closed node 'i' got 'lua' at ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/unit_graphics.cfg:659 at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 179, <FILE> line 659.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/unit_graphics.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 660.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/unit_graphics.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
expected closed node 'direction' got 'lua' at ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/lua_wml_interface.cfg:368 at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 179, <FILE> line 368.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/lua_wml_interface.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 369.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/lua_wml_interface.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
expected closed node 'damage_type' got 'lua' at ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/damage_and_fatalities.cfg:204 at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 179, <FILE> line 204.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/damage_and_fatalities.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 205.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/damage_and_fatalities.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
expected closed node 'k' got 'lua' at ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/riding_units.cfg:192 at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 179, <FILE> line 192.
non-empty node stack at end of ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/riding_units.cfg at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 203, <FILE> line 193.
WML seems invalid for ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/riding_units.cfg, node info extraction forfeited past the error point at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 210.
Translatable empty string at ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/lua_files/actions/action_template.cfg:9 ./Era_of_High_Sorcery/pre_2.0/lua_function_definitions/settings.cfg:60 at /home/ai/bin/wmlxgettext line 389.
wmlxgettext failed!

[ERROR 2014-04-11 13:07:32,081]
Failed to init the build-system for add-on Era_of_High_Sorcery
It seems to be entirely due to lua code embedded in .cfg files. wmlxgettext attempts to handle both, but gets seriously confused about combinations.
Elvish_Pillager

That's awkward. I can't put my lua code in separate files while preserving require_era=no. I suppose I could put all the tstrings in WML variables and have lua merely access them, but that would be quite inconvenient.
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

I don't see a clean way out either. I might be able to add lua/wml mode switching, but given that this is an ancient perl script where previous fixes seemed to cause random bugs, I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

Elvish_Pillager wrote:I can't put my lua code in separate files while preserving require_era=no.
You can probably do that - in an easy way. Namely by preprocessor-including the lua part from the different file (as preprocessor-included lua is sent over the network). Look for the Hornshark island multiplayer map if you need an example; I did it there once to work around a wmllint problem (perhaps it also works around a wmlxgettext problem then).

EDIT
Hm, I just realized that this wouldn't extract the translatable strings then ?! The file in Hornshark Island doesn't contain any.
However, in SoW I have 2 versions for each lua file, a .lua one which is the one used for developing, and one which is preprocessor-includable and is generated from the .lua one with a custom script and is used in the addon in order to enable the "no download needed"/require_era=no mode.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
Lich_Lord

Post by Lich_Lord »

Wow, the new interface looks amazing! :D

One bug to report though that makes it impossible for me to cast spells without getting a wml error.
I go to the actions tab and then get the message:
"Text doesn't start on canvas"
Spoiler:

I hope this gets fixed soon so I can test the new changes out!
Elvish_Pillager

That bug happens for some people and not others, and is a Wesnoth bug rather than an EoHS bug. Try changing Wesnoth's resolution / resizing the window.
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

it is really entertaining. would you agree that mana, action points and such might be better placed in the upper task bar where you usually find village income etc? i kind of lost focus and got wiped out fairly quickly ;)
Elvish_Pillager

I would agree. Doing that wouldn't be possible without requiring download, but it might be possible as an optional feature where anyone who's downloaded EoHS sees it in the top bar, even when others don't. I'm not sure. (Meanwhile, have you noticed that mana and AP are displayed in the right sidebar when you mouse over your wizard(s)?)

That said, I haven't worked on EoHS in about a month. Making a donation would encourage me to get back to work on it.
tadpol

Post by tadpol »

Hi. This new version is quite impressive. I do have some minor complaints though.

Using reanimating touch to kill apprentices and leaders seems to add "undead" to the unit type several times, ie "undead undead undead dwarven rune master"

Zombie swarm: if cast by the last player the zombies move in the next tod. ie in 2 player p2 makes zombies at dawn, they attack before p1 moves, but they do it in morning. Also this spell is weak, expensive, and hard to use. It's a fun idea, but I think you should make it more powerful or much cheaper. I would make it like a zombie version of poison ground; ranged and with a radius of effect, or cheap enough to really spam like 10 maybe.

using soul binding to get protection ability grants both positive and negative versions, ie your units get protection enemies get -protection.

focused study's description could be clearer. It seems to just make the first pick in any rank cost 2. This helps spread your picks over lower ranks in different realms as well as be a cheaper way of getting high rank spells.

thanks for the really awesome addon.