NEW: Elvish Dynasty RPG

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TreefeedXavier

Re: NEW: Elvish Dynasty RPG

Post by TreefeedXavier »

I can not get .po files in Westcamp to that company - can you fix it, because I already translated Ooze to russian, and now want do the same with Dynasty.
Russian translation of UMC`s for you, including: A_Rough_Life, Ooze-Mini, The White Troll, Inky's Quest & many others. If you find any translation errors in UMC - contact me.
Wesbane

Post by Wesbane »

That's great! However please note that this campaign requires complete rewrite of code. If this will be ever done there will be some shifts in text. Not many but still.

Translation files should be available for 1.10 version in few days. If you can't wait that long just let me know via PM and I will send you generated po file.
TreefeedXavier

Post by TreefeedXavier »

Wesbane wrote:That's great! However please note that this campaign requires complete rewrite of code. If this will be ever done there will be some shifts in text. Not many but still.

Translation files should be available for 1.10 version in few days. If you can't wait that long just let me know via PM and I will send you generated po file.
Westbane, I gratefully thanking you for every explanation, provided by you in another topic. I wait for official relase of po-files (with reason: I now tranlsate anover add-on).
Russian translation of UMC`s for you, including: A_Rough_Life, Ooze-Mini, The White Troll, Inky's Quest & many others. If you find any translation errors in UMC - contact me.
osaridsaris

Post by osaridsaris »

I remember playing this and the ooze campaign some time ago.. finished ooze, didn't finish this one. Returned to both of them again today with 1.11.15. Ooze was fine, but I'm having issues with Dynasty.

In the pirates combat scenario, when it's completed, not only do I not keep the gold accumulated during the scenario, it strips me of ALL gold and it's only because of follow-up tax revenue that I'm not at zero.

In the sacred stones scenario, at turn 23 the screen fills up with lua errors saying that "unit" cannot be referenced because it's nil.
Wesbane

Post by Wesbane »

osaridsaris wrote:Ooze was fine [...]
Nice to know, but this kind of information belongs there. :mrgreen:
osaridsaris wrote:In the pirates combat scenario, when it's completed, not only do I not keep the gold accumulated during the scenario, it strips me of ALL gold and it's only because of follow-up tax revenue that I'm not at zero.
Quick examination of the code confirms that this is not intended behavior. However it looks like a game bug. It is possible to reproduce the effect. Additionally with missing Kirielle and Bryony. But if you save the game after your victory was claimed and then resume it from that save everything is back to normal. You have your earned gold. So you may consider reporting it at bugs.wesnoth.org
osaridsaris wrote:In the sacred stones scenario, at turn 23 the screen fills up with lua errors saying that "unit" cannot be referenced because it's nil.
You are referring to standing stones which is Swamp Defense scenario. The issue is caused by some error in custom ai used at this level. Although it doesn't seemed to do anything more severe than cluttering the screen. Anyway switching to version shipped with the game hopefully should solve this problem. If it won't then you can feel free to harass mattsc about it, but for now refrain from it. :wink:

Thank you for report. Feedback is vital if you want something to be changed.

Now when these most pressing matters have been addressed some information regarding campaign for those who don't follow this topic yet are interested in Elvish Dynasty.
Version currently available on the server is just a port. What means that this is a good, old 0.9.9d for wesnoth 1.10. That one which was broken in February and fixed in April with absolutely no updates. The only thing that was actually checked was that it loads in new wesnoth version, what it does. As a consequence of this fact all bugs already present in a game still remain now upgraded to design philosophy status. Like this one allowing to train Aurelia attributes even if their maximum level has been reached and it has no other effect on her than reducing her happiness. With possibility of some new ones being added as an effect of changes of wml syntax and modifications within the game.

However the good news is that all of these issues and reported ones will be fixed in next release.
Yes, it seemed that there will be new version of Elvish Dynasty after all. But there are also some bad things:
SpenceLack wrote:Unfortunately the evil path isn't going to be finished, [...]
  • 1. It is certain that evil path will be dropped, because of lack of interest in it and those kind of stories in general.
    2. New version won't be compatible with previous one. Saves from version 0.9.9d will not work with it.
    3. Some unspecified number of strings will be changed so translating the campaign is discouraged. At least for now.
osaridsaris

Post by osaridsaris »

I just updated to the latest and tried a campaign do-over... it gets

20140713 14:24:21 error general: no location found for 'data/add-ons/Elvish_Dynasty/translations', skipping textdomain
20140713 14:24:21 error general: no location found for 'data/add-ons/Era_of_Four_Moons/translations', skipping textdomain
20140713 14:24:21 error general: no location found for 'data/add-ons/Trader/translations', skipping textdomain
20140713 14:24:28 error general: Unknown scenario: '0EDPrologue'

and aborts
Wesbane

Post by Wesbane »

The problem was caused by usage of FLAG_VARIANT6 macro which is not available in resources of 1.11.15 game version. For campaign development was used version 1.13. There were also incorrect text domains in two files. Installing updated version of campaign will fix that.

Thank you for report since otherwise this problem never would be investigated.

As for quoted error message the same as in the other case it doesn't contain any valuable information. These are warnings about missing translation folder in listed addons. So if you see something like it in the future you may skip this part.

Also note that reported effects in Coastal Defense are a game bug thus they are not fixed, although it is possible to wrote a workaround for that problem. So, handling of it remains the same that is: save the game after your victory was claimed and resume from that save.
mattsc
Inactive Developer

Post by mattsc »

Wesbane wrote:Also note that reported effects in Coastal Defense are a game bug thus they are not fixed, although it is possible to wrote a workaround for that problem. So, handling of it remains the same that is: save the game after your victory was claimed and resume from that save.
Just a quick note that this has been fixed now and the workaround should not be required any more from 1.11.17 on. See also here.
Desert_Shyde

Post by Desert_Shyde »

The Elixir of Happiness scenario doesn't end after the reward. It traps the queen in an uninteresting room for eternity.

Also, in More Artifact Merchants, the merchant and Kirielle are saying each others' lines. Occasionally at the sacred glade a line will be mixed up, but this was very mixed up.
The Militia
Merry Christmas
Journey to the North Pole
affinehat

Post by affinehat »

It seems that certain scenarios do not end properly.

In 11aED.cfg, Assassination:

Code: Select all

649. {GOLD_CARRYOVER_ALL no}
in the sniper's perch event which should be replaced with

649. {VICTORY_ALL no}
In 13bED.cfg, Elixir of Happiness:

122. {END_CUTSCENE yes}
does not trigger properly and needs to be moved inside the event tag ending at line 120.

I have uploaded fixed versions of these files:
11aED.cfg
(21.16 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
13bED.cfg
(5.77 KiB) Downloaded 430 times
Cheers
-affinehat
Wesbane

Post by Wesbane »

mattsc wrote:Just a quick note that this has been fixed now and the workaround should not be required any more from 1.11.17 on. See also here.
Confirmed. It was fixed in such a way that saving doesn't help anymore resulting in a fatal bug, so in this particular case writing own mechanism for that is the only reliable way to handle it. :wink:

This is an old campaign started on 1.8. In scenarios that didn't involve main army switching side method was used while leader was converted to variable. It worked in 1.10, and for most of 1.11 development cycle, but now the code which once worked does nothing. It wouldn't be that bad if not a bug it causes.
From designer point of view this new behavior, no leader, no side, while might be perceived by some as irritating is a state of things now that has to be dealt with. Also worth noting is that intended or not in some cases this altered behavior might be actually useful. I know of at least one mainline campaign that may benefit from it, Northern Rebirth. Multiple leaders were poorly implemented, nearly as everything else in it and their armies were available for recall even if they were gone.
Anyway if someone is interested in a bug itself here is a save from 0.10.0 (ElDy-7GB) to experience it in Elvish Dynasty. Included are also map, scenario and a starting save for those willing to experiment with it.
12-ElDy-Bug.zip
This is the bug. Not the bugfix!
(54.87 KiB) Downloaded 397 times
Desert_Shade wrote:Occasionally at the sacred glade a line will be mixed up, [...]
A little more precision in future would be desirable since there is a lot of text in this scenario and cycling through all this messages to find a one bad assigned quote isn't too efficient.

Thank you for bug report.
affinehat wrote:[...] In 11aED.cfg, Assassination
I didn't know about that one.

Thanks for bug report and creating temporary patches.

In version 0.10.1 all of mentioned problems should be gone. In total 5 bugs were fixed. One fatal, three severe and one nasty. As a consequence of those fixes new feature was added that tracks down composition of player recruit list however as campaign is finished there are no plans of using it in a visible way during the game.
Last edited by Wesbane on January 24th, 2015, 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
cdcooley

Post by cdcooley »

The Armageddon scenario (17aED) is generating two rows of lava that divide the map at turn 12 making it impossible to complete without cheating. I found a mismatch in list length for the Ql terrain modification at turn 12 and think the x coordinate list should start 1,1,1 instead of just 1,1. That seems to fill the chasm correctly.
Wesbane

Post by Wesbane »

Thank you for excellent bug report that made possible to fix the issue quickly.

New version has just been uploaded (0.10.1a).

Note that as mentioned before, campaign is no longer developed, but all remaining bugs will be fixed as long as they will be reported.
cdcooley

Post by cdcooley »

You're either going to love or hate me for this, but I've found another. I'm not sure how many scenarios it effects, but there are at least two. In the saurian rescue from the witches (14a) and the meteor recovery scenarios (12a) the death conditions register a win after only one enemy leader is killed instead of all three. I tracked it down to a nested macro call problem.

The calls like
    {IS_LEADERLESS SIDE1}
need to be
    {IS_LEADERLESS {SIDE1}}
or the resulting code ends using SIDE1 as a literal instead of its variable value.

What a difference a simple pair of squiggly braces makes.

Here's the corrected version of the macro calls for 12aED.cfg.

#define HUNTERS_DEAD SIDE1 SIDE2
        [if]
            {IS_LEADERLESS {SIDE1}}
            [and]
                {IS_LEADERLESS {SIDE2}}
            [/and]
        [then]
            [fire_event]
                name=hunters defeated
            [/fire_event]
        [/then]
        [/if]
    #enddef

P.S. Scanning through the files I think the DEFEAT_BRIGANDS macro in 4aED.cfg may have the same problem in the filter for the id=BRIGAND1 line but I didn't play that scenario to find out.
Tom_Of_Wesnoth

Post by Tom_Of_Wesnoth »

I've really enjoyed this campaign so far. I love the variety of the levels. However, I think the Coronation scenario is too difficult.
If presented with the opportunity, I would take great pleasure in becoming a world ruler.