Cannot cancel a "goto movement"

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Aventi

Cannot cancel a "goto movement"

Post by Aventi »

Hi everybody !

I've a simple issue, but it's very annoying. The easiest way to explain it is with this part of the manual ( http://www.wesnoth.org/manual/stable/ma ... ml#_moving ): Part 2.4 Moving : "If you select a destination which is beyond reach in the current turn, the unit will move as far as it can in the current turn and enter goto-mode. In goto-mode your unit will continue moving towards its destination in subsequent turns. You can easily undo goto movements at the beginning of your next turn. You may also change a unit’s destination by selecting that unit and choosing a new destination or clicking the unit again to cancel the goto." And "clicking the unit again to cancel the goto" never works now : when I try to do this to cancel what was planned, the movement is still planned (like if I've done nothing).

- I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium.
- My version of Wesnoth is 1.11.9.
- The problems occurs everytime I want to "cancel" a goto movement.

Thanks in advance !
iceiceice

Re: Cannot cancel a "goto movement"

Post by iceiceice »

This is a known issue. As I understand, it is left over from the control scheme overhaul which has been developed recently. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon.
Aventi

Post by Aventi »

Okay ! Thank you for your (very fast) answer :)
And sorry for the double-bug reporting ! (but I haven't found it anywhere when I searched ^^")
JaMiT
Inactive Developer

Post by JaMiT »

Aventi wrote:And sorry for the double-bug reporting ! (but I haven't found it anywhere when I searched ^^")
As far as I know, this is not a doubly-reported bug. That is, this is the first report I've seen (other than some discussions on IRC). Plus, I only discovered this bug myself a few days ago.

My point is that there are various degrees of "known" issue. Even if developers know about it, a bug can easily be forgotten if there is no actual bug report. ;)
Aventi

Post by Aventi »

Ok, so finally, it's a good thing I posted a message here ^^ (And me who was thinking "Oh, it's an so obvious issue, a lot of people must have reported it already a lot !")
Hope this will be fixed soon ;)

Thanks for your help, and your work ! :D

Edit : must I do something special, or will this post be the bug report ? (I'm not really used to "bug reporting" things ^^")
Edit 2: And I tried on the version 1.11.10 of Wesnoth : the issue is still here
JaMiT
Inactive Developer

Post by JaMiT »

Aventi wrote:Edit : must I do something special, or will this post be the bug report ?
In general, this forum is a good place to figure out if what you're experiencing is a bug, to see how widespread it is, and to get some help coming up with a solid way to reproduce it. This forum can also be used to find out if a bug is already known, but generally that should be after trying the forum's and bug tracker's search features. Once that's done (and sometimes much of that can be skipped), the actual bug report would normally be filed in the bug tracker at bugs.wesnoth.org so it is less likely to be forgotten.

"In general". "normally". In this particular case, though, the bug is already fairly high on my priority list. If you want to add it to the bug tracker you can, but just know that unless something takes me out of the game in the near future, this particular bug will be fixed before 1.12.0, regardless of the bug tracker.
Aventi

Post by Aventi »

Thanks for explanations !

Concerning this issue : I'll wait to see the next version, and if it's still there on 1.12.0, I'll remind to you, and will post a bug report ;)