Saw a berserk finish

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Saw a berserk finish

Post by Velensk »

Berserk as you may know only cycles combat 30 times. Normally that isn't an issue.

Well testing an EoFM campaign today I got to watch a berserk where it was entirely plausable for one side to kill the other end. Needing to hit it's target only twice, the Freeman Muezzin pulled off 59 misses against a toad who lived to be in another engagement.

I would post the replay except that off-topic doesn't allow attatchments, I have it saved though.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
alluton

Re: Saw a berserk finish

Post by alluton »

I can imagine the amount of despair: Ouh why woun't you hit? Ouh why? Chances of missing 30 times a row are ridiciliously small! Do it! Hit that god damm enemy at least once! Man that gold we spent on your training was completly wasted...
"This game cured me of my real life addiction."
-Flameslash
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

:shock:
I would have been like:
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

Replay or didn't happen :P
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
CIB
Code Contributor

Post by CIB »

You should play the lottery, because you are a few orders of magnitude more likely to win that than to miss 59 times, assuming the chance to hit was at least 30%(which AFAIK is the lowest in standard wesnoth, for which berserk is designed, if you're playing an era with like a 1% CTH I'd call that a flaw in era design).
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

To be fair, the toads get 90% defense in forest which is where it was at. The odds are still rather slim.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

.2%, that had to happen sometime.
Xudo

Post by Xudo »

1k hp vs 2-2 damage and it will happen always.