Multiple can_recruit units on same side

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
FaeLord

Multiple can_recruit units on same side

Post by FaeLord »

Hello:

I would like to have multiple units on the same side that can all recruit using different recruit lists. Currently I can get all three units to manifest at their appropriate keeps, and they can all recruit, but they only have the recruit list of the lead unit first defined in the [side] tag. The other two units I have defined using the [unit] tags.

I have tried placing these within the [side] tag and within an [event] name=turn 1 event, but it doesn't make any difference. Can this be accomplished? Perhaps [modify_side] is necessary?

Thanks
FL
Wesnoth stole my summer . . . again.
JaMiT
Inactive Developer

Re: Multiple can_recruit units on same side

Post by JaMiT »

FaeLord wrote:[...] but they only have the recruit list of the lead unit first defined in the [side] tag.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this assertion is false. Most likely, they only have the recruit list of the side.

recruit= is part of SideWML (defines recruits for the entire side)
extra_recruit= is part of SingleUnitWML (defines recruits for a single unit)

SingleUnitWML can be used inside a [side] tag to define a leader, but SideWML cannot be used inside [unit].
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I know that this is possible for human-controlled sides, but is the same possible for AI sides? I mean that I want to create a scenario in which there is one enemy side, but three leaders placed at different keeps. I tried this on 1.7.5 years ago, but no avail.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
mattsc
Inactive Developer

Post by mattsc »

Lord-Knightmare wrote:I know that this is possible for human-controlled sides, but is the same possible for AI sides? I mean that I want to create a scenario in which there is one enemy side, but three leaders placed at different keeps. I tried this on 1.7.5 years ago, but no avail.
This is possible since Wesnoth 1.11.7: AI_Recruitment#Some_notes_on_multiple_leaders
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

Makes sense - thanks for the help.
Wesnoth stole my summer . . . again.