Happy New Year!

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Boldek

Happy New Year!

Post by Boldek »

Happy new year, my goodly fellow 'snothians!

Have a great 2014, make it worthwhile! :)
Guys I never thought I'd come back to this forum after 8 years this is wild
Turuk
Sithslayer

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by Turuk »

What are New Year's Resolutions that people are making? (Wesnoth related or not)
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Turuk wrote:What are New Year's Resolutions that people are making? (Wesnoth related or not)
My resolution this year is to rewrite Wesnoth’s resolution configuration code so it doesn’t suck. So you could say that my resolution is about resolutions! Hahahahaha!
OK, no, that was horrible.

Also, completing the IftU prose and WML rewrite. That never stopped being a thing that was taking place or anything.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Happy new year to all of you. :)
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

This year, I will bring Battle for Wesnoth to new heights. I will establish a strong leadership and purge the unwanted.
Boldek

Post by Boldek »

Turuk wrote:What are New Year's Resolutions that people are making? (Wesnoth related or not)
Get outside more, of course. And play more Wesnoth! (Maybe I'll have to take my computer outside ;) .)
Guys I never thought I'd come back to this forum after 8 years this is wild
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

Happy 2014.

Don't get discouraged in the first weeks if not everything goes awesome right from the start, from my experience the first 12 months of a year are the worst.

I will try to quit smoking, but I have my doubts I can.

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

HomerJ wrote:I will try to quit smoking, but I have my doubts I can.
The same here! :lol:
I might be able to do it when I retire from BfW...

Resolutions, related to BfW: - contributing a few more unique units and a campaign.

Happy New Year!
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
pauline

Post by pauline »

Hmmmm ... Sky One, you think one could eventually blame Wesnoth for smoking ? :hmm:
We should complain about this huge bug … shadowm should see to it immediately !!!

I´m grimly determined to NEVER EVER in a thousand years
click on this REALLY loony top spot weirdo-topic of the section "Forum Games" again !
Not THIS year … surely NOT in the next 6 month … once in 4 weeks AT THE MOST,
but DEFENTLY not in the next days … NOW ? Forget it !!!
Hold on a second, I´ve quickly to check something ...

And thus, once again, it all goes up in smoke ... :whistle:
Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile !
pauline
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

pauline wrote:Hmmmm ... Sky One, you think one could eventually blame Wesnoth for smoking ? :hmm:
Well, of course, I did not blame Wesnoth at all. It is just smoker's jest.
I meant both BfW and smoking are addictive, and HomerJ probably can understand it as well.
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
pauline

Post by pauline »

Yeah, so do I ... It was just a faint hope to excuse one addiction with another ... :roll:
Okey-dokey, pauline
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Sure.:)
Not really my post, but you can always report abuse: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 0reporting
Naron

Post by Naron »

Happy New Year to all and a successful year for Wesnoth!
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

SkyOne wrote:
pauline wrote:Hmmmm ... Sky One, you think one could eventually blame Wesnoth for smoking ? :hmm:
Well, of course, I did not blame Wesnoth at all. It is just smoker's jest.
I meant both BfW and smoking are addictive, and HomerJ probably can understand it as well.
Ehm, not really, I post that every year. It's not possible for me to quit, because I never started smoking. Good luck to you though and all the strenght in the world! You can do it! ;)

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
Midnight_Carnival

Post by Midnight_Carnival »

:) yes, peace, prosperity and blessings for the new year - if you don't believe in blessings, then may quantum uncertainties arrange themselves in a way which is naturally neither 'good' nor 'bad' but purely coincidentally happens to be favorable to you at this time ;)

Everyone is telling me how 2014 is going to be different, so much better than 2013 - I'm taking this not as predictions, but as declaration of intent, that regardless of what happens or doesn't a lot of people are going to make sure they enjoy themselves more than they did last year. Never really been one for new year's resolutions, but as they go the above isn't bad.
...apparenly we can't go with it or something.