Dawn of Thunder [SP campaign for 1.16.x]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Astoria
Inactive Developer

Re: The Rising [SP campaign for 1.11.6 and later]

Post by Astoria »

I tried starting this campaign and immediately encountered the missing images mentioned earlier.

my terminal output:

Code: Select all

20131118 17:28:54 error display: could not open image 'data/add-ons/The_Rising/images/units/elves/elvish-pikeman/elvish-pikeman.png'
20131118 17:28:56 error display: could not open image 'data/add-ons/The_Rising/images/units/elves/elvish-thunderer/elvish-thunderer.png'
20131118 17:31:47 error display: could not open image 'units/elves/elvish-thunderer/elvish-thunderer.png'
20131118 17:31:47 error display: could not open image 'terrain/../terrain/watchtower-elven.png.png'
20131118 17:31:49 error display: could not find image for report: 'units/elves/elvish-thunderer/elvish-thunderer.png~RC(magenta>1)'
20131118 17:33:25 error display: could not find image for report: 'units/elves/elvish-thunderer/elvish-thunderer.png~RC(magenta>1)'
20131118 17:34:33 error display: could not find image for report: 'units/elves/elvish-thunderer/elvish-thunderer.png~RC(magenta>1)'
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

It's a unix issue, its picky about caps. Changing the folder name from "Elves" to "elves" fixes it. Probably the same with the above terrain issue. Whoops take that back the watchtower looks like it's in the wrong place :hmm:
Last edited by Crow_T on November 18th, 2013, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

okay, thanks for the report and help with fixing. I'm on windows, and never encountered this error. I'm uploading a fix.

Version 0.0.8

-fixing the uppercase name folder for elvish unit images
-small changes to scenario 1
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

@Bumbadabum
could you try modifying the terrain.cfg? I think it should work if you replace

symbol_image=../terrain/watchtower-elven.png
by

symbol_image=watchtower-elven.png
it should work.

EDIT: sorry for double posting

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

If the file is located in images/terrain/watchtower-elven.png, that should work. I can't really test it right now, will confirm ASAP.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

yeah, that's where it is

Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Version 0.1.0 is out!

Post by Paulomat4 »

It has been some time since the last update. I've been working on scenario 8 for quite some time, but always doing other things along the way. I didn't wanted to release an update before I didn't finished S8 therefore the long waiting time. Scenario 8 finishes chapter 1 and it will take quite some time before I release the next version, but i will of course release bug fixes. The unitmarkers have become as separate add-on (called "unitmarker modification"). I strongly suggest downloading it ;)
As always, please report every bug you can find, and if you have any suggestions for balancing or similar, please comment. :)
The changelog is quite long this time.

Version 0.1.0

-finished chapter 1 (added scenario 8)
-new sprites for the corrupted woses
-dying dialogue for silam added
-adjusted the [endlevel] tag of scenario 6
-removed the underscore from the name
-moved the unitmarker to a different add-on, which now affects all campaigns
-changed the boss icon of Oenoch to be only a midboss
-adaptations to the dialogue parts in scenario 4 and 5 to fit with scenario 10
-improvements to Fiannons and Limwen's portrait
-corrected the journey of scenario 7 which looked bad
-small dialogue changes
-fixed the micro ai for M'brin, who didn't move, if other units were at the target location
-modified Alasar to distenguish him more from other units, made him need more experience also
-gave the player the ownership of all the villages north of the river, and the one next to the bridge in scenario 2
-gave the enemy more income in scenario 2 to counterbalance
-fixed the (now for version 1.11.7) unneeded micro ai configurations
Merry Christmas everybody!

Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Bug Report:

id=05_lake_aelin

There is no defeat when Rothilion falls, although the objectives say:

[objective]
        description= _ "Death of Rothilion"
        condition=lose
      [/objective]
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

version 0.1.1 is on the servers. Many thanks for Adamant14 for playtesting this scenario. changelog:
0.1.1:

-added [avoid] tag, to keep elves from attacking from water in scenario 8
-changed the map, to give the elves a better defense on the isle an another hint where tunnels are in scenario 8
-the victory event didn't triggered, if another unit moved to the tunnels in scenario 8 
-removed Raief from the objectives in scenario 8
-fixed missing ' in scenario 8
-wrong portrait for naia corrected
-dying dialogue for Rothilion (scenario 5) added
-changed the start gold in scenario 8
-fixed a typo in scenario 7 (bowmen instead of bowman)
-fixed the village problem in scenario 1&2

Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

To all players out there: I'm currently trying to balance chapter one. I'm especially interested about the turn limit in scenario 1. how long did it took you to complete that scenario? Do you think there is too little time? feedback would be greatly appreciated

Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

I have uploaded 1.1.2 to the server. It's not a big update, but i think that it is important to keep it updated for 1.11.8
changelog 0.1.2:

-support for the [feedback] tag added onwards from 1.11.8
-updated description
additionally an article has been published on the Guide to UMC Content

Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Re: The Rising [SP campaign for 1.11.7 and later]

Post by Paulomat4 »

Posting here, just to let you know, that this is not abandoned. I made a pause, but now I'm back on it. Sadly no new scenarios but a few improvements. Also the add-on is now available on the 1.12 server which will hopefully get me some more feedback, once we get a new stable version. (Btw, does anybody know when this will be?) Support for 1.11 add-on server is now dropped which means, that if you want to play the newest version of this campaign, then you should upgrade to at least 1.11.10.

Version 1.1.2.1

-New add-on icon for the server
-altered description
-altered filenames to fit 1.12 add-on server
-uploaded to 1.12

Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Re: The Rising [SP campaign for 1.11.10 and later]

Post by Paulomat4 »

Next version 0.1.2.2 is out.
Still no new scenarios, but I made a recent play through, and fixed the issues I found. I've also began balancing more, so the first scenarios should be more than doable on easy now. I had no big problems on normal. (but I also know all the tricks and strategies) I hope it is still a bit of a challenge at least on normal. Hard should still be hard.

Version 1.1.2.1

-small dialogue changes in scenario 1,3,4
-added more 10 more turns on each difficulty to scenario 1
-Alasar now always advances to an elvish hero, because it fits his character more
-added a sound to Naia appearence in scenario 2
-added an event to scenario 1 related to the tunnel, which might trigger the trolls appearance in advance, if the player is too good.
-less and weaker enemies when Lirak walks away in scenario 2
-corrected wrongly displayed message in scenario 3
-scenario 8 Is now part of chapter 2 "Darkness and Despair" (chapters are arranged similar to LoW)

RainerT

Post by RainerT »

Hi,

I just started the campaign, but got stuck in the "Valley of Death" scenario. If I move Fiannon to the signpost the scenario doesn't end, but only the following error message apears:

Invalid WML found: [then] not supported
There is another point in this scenario. What does the bonus goal "defeat all enemies" mean? Is there a limited amount of enemy waves you have to kill or do you have kill all enemies on the map once? I played for about 40 turns, but the waves didn't stop. Then I killed all enemies on the map, but I didn't get any messages that I made it and afterwards the enmies appeared as usual.

I'm playing thew latest The Rising on BoW 1.11.12 and Debian Linux.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

hey, thanks for reporting.
On which version of wesnoth are you playing? I just played through on 1.11.12 and had no problems. I suppose you're playing on 1.11.12+dev. If so, then this is likely related to this. http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 4&start=15
Elvish hunter removed support for

[then]
tags not long ago, but apparently he re-added the support. I guess you just have a version installed which does not support that.

In the valley of death, enemy waves are appearing until turn 32. After this you only have to clear out all enemies and click end turn.