World Conquest II

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Re: World Conquest tek

Post by Paulomat4 »

okay, so the bug didn't happened anymore after updating. I don't know why it happened right now, because I already had like two or three commanders.
The campaign ends after map 6
so when does map 6 comes? It feels like playing since an eternity, that i'm always changing between map 3 and 4. I have for sure played more than 6 scenarios.
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
MRDNRA

Post by MRDNRA »

Map 6 is where there are 6 enemy castles.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

yeah, I never got more than 4. from time to times 3 but that's all
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

@Paulomat4: You are suffering a bug, map 4 should aways be followed by map 5. It is likely you are suffering for my noobinesh when I started to modfy wC code, I feel bad for it :( . None more than you reported this error, so I guess it comes from a very early version. In some moment I changed scnenarios names and id, so may be your savegame is trying to load a scenario with an old name that is not in your folder.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

Version 0.4.2 display units recall cost before unit name in recall menu. So is possible short recall menu by recall cost using name index. As Wesnoth Recall menu doesnt display units overlays and is usefull for players remember units with is_special one, I have added "!!" after unit names in recall menu for those ones with is_special overlay.

I would like feedback about if this is enougth comfortable for players and if is still neccesary the floating text after recall.
Also remember that post 1 is often edited with new info.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

After recive contradictory feedback and realize my work group isnt happy with my development direction, I have lost my focus and I will take some time to put order in my mind. I wont develope anymore for a time. however, I will still try fix bugs or improve helps/menus. For anyone interested in hard challenges, current add on havent been beated in nightmoae mode and testers described it as "too difficult".
World Conquest II
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Hmm, anyone(Rigor?) want to schedule some time to play this?
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

during christmas holidays perhaps?
The Black Sword

Yup, I should have a bit more time than usual. If anyone wants to be the third, let us know.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Depending on the time I might be able to do it, I haven't tried World Conquest in awhile though so you may be able to find someone better for a elite run.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

@The Black Sword, Rigor, Velensk: I game played for you 3 would be an awesome feedback :D

My mind is starting to put ideas in order, and I am willing to cleary determine current difficult level to continue development. I am also thinking, that next year, after enable trainings for AI recalls, first cycle of development will be ended and probably will do a version for Wesnoth 1.11 where are nice features for this addon, like dont allow wrong eras or display overlays in recall menu.
World Conquest II
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

its on. no more work. lets schedule this.
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

Paulomat4 wrote:yeah, I never got more than 4. from time to times 3 but that's all
I have finally find this bug, really sry for be so late, but wasnt possible find it with debug. If you have still your save, for me worked instead give last hit to boss on map 4, use debug command "n" wich leads to map5 (you dont gain xp for that boss, but can at least continue campaign).

EDIT: An alternate solution that also worked for me, was save game in map4 with no compressed saves. Edit savefile, search for "next_scenario" and delete all lines (I think they were like 4 or so) that are "next_scenario=$next_scenario" or "next_scenario=WC_tek_***3" (just dont delete the ones "next_scenario=WC_tek_Sea5")

I think I solved this bug in 0.4.2.6

@Rigor, I fear you could be late in be first ones in beat this addon :P
World Conquest II
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I'm good for nearly anytime except Christmas day or the day before. I live at UTC -5.

On that note: I've now tried this version of world conquest and all I can say is that it's an interesting challenge. It almost feels like it isn't hard and then as you're playing your realize that there's actually a very small margin for error. I like that you're forced to recruit a variety. I've only ever gotten to level 3 without having to saveload.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
The Black Sword

I'm fairly free tomorrow or Monday if you guys want to put a time on it?