Missing good intense music?

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

West
Retired Lord of Music

Re: Missing good intense music?

Post by West »

Temuchin Khan wrote:Hear! Hear! It seems like I never hear it, unless I specifically select it. Is there any chance of getting "Over the Northern Mountains" used more often, especially in multiplayer?
Glad to hear it, though this probably means most campaign creators think it's unfitting ;)

Anyway, I have a deadline in December for a project I'm working on. After that, I wouldn't mind having a go at a new Wesnoth track. It's been a while now and I've learned a thing or two since OtNM.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

West wrote:
Temuchin Khan wrote:Hear! Hear! It seems like I never hear it, unless I specifically select it. Is there any chance of getting "Over the Northern Mountains" used more often, especially in multiplayer?
Glad to hear it, though this probably means most campaign creators think it's unfitting ;)
I personally think that the fact that it’s underused makes it even more enjoyable when it crops up (which is why it’s only used once in my last campaign). Then again, I am of the opinion that Wesnoth music in general loses some of its charm once it goes mainline because it invariably gets used everywhere all the time in all (or most) campaigns and scenarios.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

I'd love to see a replacement for Vengeful, which seems to be a very common track. I think most of the music in mainline is pretty solid and enjoy some quite a bit- it is nice to play UMCs that have other music though!
iceiceice

Post by iceiceice »

West wrote: After that, I wouldn't mind having a go at a new Wesnoth track. It's been a while now and I've learned a thing or two since OtNM.
I think it would be nice if there were a Drake theme, I think some parts of the canon regarding Drakes might lend themselves naturally to music.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Not mainline quality, but for UMC you might consider "Flight of the Drakes" by [PA]NotUncleDave a.k.a. Ark http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/azxe/Fl ... the-Drakes
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."