Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Jeffers0n

Re: Legend of the Invincibles (now complete)

Post by Jeffers0n »

In Chapter 1 the Mario peasant that you get after the first scenario can also recruit. Intended?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

No, it wasn't. He was supposed to be a 'mere' loyal. Seems I'll have to check bumbadadabum's suggestions more closely (I thought he was exactly that kind of perfectionist will never make this kind of mistake). The fix will be in the next version.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

Dugi wrote:No, it wasn't. He was supposed to be a 'mere' loyal. Seems I'll have to check bumbadadabum's suggestions more closely (I thought he was exactly that kind of perfectionist will never make this kind of mistake). The fix will be in the next version.
I never said I don't make such mistakes. This has indeed slipped through when I redid the first scenario, and can be easily fixed by adding canrecruit=no to the [modify_unit] in the victory event.

My apologies.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

bumbadadabum wrote:I never said I don't make such mistakes.
I didn't mean you did. I just assumed so after evaluating your personality (probably wrongly). Apology accepted, the fix was a no-brainer anyway.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

how can temptation work on undeads?!
and pls check the describtion of Succubus/Inccubus, it seems some words are missing
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It appears that undead do have a gender... I didn't know that... I'll make them immune to temptation.
Jeffers0n

Post by Jeffers0n »

In scenario Ruins of Lost Empires(chapter 1) the elves start attacking on their own before I can ever reach them. Also the Infect abillity also turns enemies on villages into walking corpses.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

In scenario Ruins of Lost Empires(chapter 1) the elves start attacking on their own before I can ever reach them.
That is the intended behaviour.
Also the Infect abillity also turns enemies on villages into walking corpses.
I rarely remember that plague doesn't work on units in villages. It appears that I forgot about it also while coding infect. I'll fix that.
RaustBD

Post by RaustBD »

I just read the description for the succubus out of curiosity and I noticed it said this: "Demons are creatures of magic, and arcane attacks have only a little effect on them."

Just giving you the heads' up, that's erroneous. If you look at the special notes that appear on units with arcane attacks, it says "This unit's arcane attack deals tremendous damage to magical creatures, and even some to mundane creatures."

While units with more magical classes tend to be more resistant to arcane attacks, The more magical a unit's race is, the more susceptible to arcane attacks they are. You'll notice that elves are a little weak to arcane attacks and all humans have a baseline resistance of 20% to arcane attacks.
lynx

Post by lynx »

Konrad2's Desert note applies to Tundra too. I cleared the map around turn 40/150 (on easy) and then just went through another day cycle to see if anything interesting would spawn. Could have easily farmed xp and souls until the end.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

They are not sensitive to magic, like the elves, the are careations of magic, created by beings so powerful you cant imagine. The are more close to being living magic then to be living beings made of magic
you just cant say that they are the same as the races from Irdia, i mean there are from an other world! (Inferno)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

@liyx
i reported that too already :D
and i am playing on hard xD
RaustBD

Post by RaustBD »

Konrad2 wrote:They are not sensitive to magic, like the elves, the are careations of magic, created by beings so powerful you cant imagine. The are more close to being living magic then to be living beings made of magic
you just cant say that they are the same as the races from Irdia, i mean there are from an other world! (Inferno)
Magical creatures are vulnerable to arcane. That's how the rules of battle for wesnoth work. I'm just putting that out there. If they're going to be resistant to arcane attacks, it has to be for a different reason than them being magical.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I think you got that wrong ^^ Thats not the rules of the game wesnoth, its the rule of the world of Irdia :D
different worlds, different rules :D also they were created by Yarae the master of both Light and Darkness, a being of so strong magical powers that you cant apply any rules on him :D
RaustBD

Post by RaustBD »

Konrad2 wrote:I think you got that wrong ^^ Thats not the rules of the game wesnoth, its the rule of the world of Irdia :D
different worlds, different rules :D also they were created by Yarae the master of both Light and Darkness, a being of so strong magical powers that you cant apply any rules on him :D
Then THAT should be why arcane doesn't work well on demons, not the fact that they're magical. The current description of demons and their magical resistance is exactly like saying "woses are creatures of wood, so fire does very little damage to them."