Undead Invasion

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

LordAwsomeness

Undead Invasion

Post by LordAwsomeness »

This is a new zombie invasion that consists of a group of players placed in an infectious environments, and they are to complete the necessary tasks to survive. The first alpha release will be uploaded today, and I request that all bugs that are discovered will be reported to me.

This alpha release will contain simply one scenario, and I will be adding more as the bugs are fixed, and once I'm finished with my initial coding for this. I still have one more major feature I want to code in before I move to the 'beta' version (actually, I've been coding this for so much now that it is almost ready for the beta release).

Thanks and happy hunting!
Last edited by LordAwsomeness on January 6th, 2014, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Been playing Wesnoth since 2004 and the 1.0.x versions.
- Creator of Undead Invasion MP Scenario Pack.
- Creator of Valeria MP Adventure
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA
LordAwsomeness

Re: Undead Invasion

Post by LordAwsomeness »

Need some feedback on this: should I go add more than just zombie units (as in skeletons, skeleton archers, etc.) to the opposing sides as a way to add more diverse strategies and add the plague ability, or should I leave the undead sides simply as walking corpses?
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA
LordAwsomeness

Post by LordAwsomeness »

BETA RELEASE IS READY!

I have finally added my last main addition to this, so now I can focus solely on the scenarios and balancing. I will need help in balancing and as always I request that any bugs that may be discovered be reported to me. Thanks! :D
Last edited by LordAwsomeness on December 20th, 2013, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA
Doomchicken

Post by Doomchicken »

Which version of Wesnoth is this for? 1.10 or 1.11?
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
LordAwsomeness

Post by LordAwsomeness »

Doomchicken wrote:Which version of Wesnoth is this for? 1.10 or 1.11?
It is for 1.10 currently. Later I will check its compatibility with 1.11.
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA
LordAwsomeness

Post by LordAwsomeness »

Would anybody happen to know the event tag for the conversion of a unit by a plague weapon special?
It would knida look like this:

[event]
name=(event name)

[/event]

I'm specifically looking for the name of the event where the unit is turned into a Walking Corpse due o dying to an attack equiped with plague. If you can help, please respond. Thanks!
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA
Alarantalara
Art Contributor

Post by Alarantalara »

There is no such event, it's just one of many built-in specials.
http://wiki.wesnoth.org/AbilitiesWML#Th ... als.5D_tag
The one you're looking for is called plague.
LordAwsomeness

Post by LordAwsomeness »

Hello all! It has been a long while, but after several attempts to create an event that would fire in-between the event of a unit dying, and the plague ability firing and creating a corpse, I realize that i dont know how to do it. If somebody could help me that would be great.

My objective is to make all newly plagued units gain the same traits and upgrades that all the currently plagued units have. If you could help, that would be great! Thanks!

Also, i have added two more maps, but because i havent been able to work out a non-buggy event, I have not updated Undead Invasion yet.
Last edited by LordAwsomeness on December 23rd, 2013, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA
LordAwsomeness

Post by LordAwsomeness »

Version 0.1.1 has been uploaded! This includes two new maps (4p A New Land and 3p Subterranean struggle).

A New Land turns out to be a very fun and balanced map if you are ready for a four player survival match.

Also I have several other modes I am considering for this game. I would like some feedback on these modes:
*Conquest (Default: The standard mode that is already included) - Build up your armies and try to defeat the enemy leaders.
*Survival - Fight to survive against the oncoming hordes as long as you can!
*Survival Death match - Compete against other teams in survival: outlast the other team to win. (also can add variants such as a point system: team ending with most points wins)
Please tell me what you think, and if you have any other ideas, please let me know! Thanks!
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA