Invasion from the Unknown 1.90.8 [Wesnoth 1.12]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Iris
Site Administrator

Invasion from the Unknown (1.90.7.1) for Wesnoth 1.10 & 1.11

Post by Iris »

detox wrote:(I'll update with any other bugs if you would like to (so far, this is the only one I found, apart from Error message in the top of the screen in the beginnning of each scenario)
The thing is, I am actually working on a long due revision (actually dangerously close to a near-complete rewrite at this point) of the campaign and I have dealt with a few existing bugs in the process, and I’ll probably find and fix even more before I am finished with this. I suppose you could still post about bugs other than the deprecation notices, but I can’t promise fixes for anything that doesn’t outright crash Wesnoth until I am done with the rewrite.

(I am only at scenario 7 at the moment even though I started this effort a couple of months ago, because I have been simultaneously busy with artwork for IftU, its completed sequel AtS, and two other add-ons. Hopefully this will improve soon.)

In the meantime, I uploaded version 1.90.7.1 to the 1.11.x add-ons server only, containing the fix for the theme crash and absolutely nothing else, so, considering that it’s a nearly 15 MiB download most people with the campaign already installed would probably prefer to just apply the fix manually instead.

The changelog for this version follows:

Code: Select all

Version 1.90.7.1:
-----------------

- General:
  - Non-versioned upload to the Wesnoth 1.11.x add-ons server.

- User interface:
  - Made sure cutscene theme with menu bar works on Wesnoth 1.11.5 and later.
(Espreon, sorry for doing the upload while you were unavailable but it was such a minor thing...)
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
detox

Re: Invasion from the Unknown (1.90.7) for Wesnoth 1.10 & 1.

Post by detox »

Okay. Thanks anyways, I was almost decimated by the thing I cannot continue :P
Ranger

Post by Ranger »

Yo dawg, I heard you like putting upgrade potions in your campaign, so i feed all of them to one unit. Implications.... :eng:
Last edited by Ranger on January 27th, 2014, 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calling a spear a spoon and then saying "our spoons are different, WINR," is kind of unsatisfying, isn't it?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Ranger wrote:Yo dawg, I heard you like putting upgrade potions in your campaign, so i feed all of them to one unit. Implications.... :eng:
Too bad that unit won't be of much help to you in later scenarios (the final scenarios have cave terrain - hazardous to elven riders)...Galas was a better option...
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Ranger

Post by Ranger »

Lord-Knightmare wrote:
Ranger wrote:Yo dawg, I heard you like putting upgrade potions in your campaign, so i feed all of them to one unit. Implications.... :eng:
Too bad that unit won't be of much help to you in later scenarios (the final scenarios have cave terrain - hazardous to elven riders)...Galas was a better option...
Especially with his personal dwarven chainmail and movement bonus. Pity that he is your leader and at most scenarious without him at the keep you will be devoid of reinforcements. :hmm:
p.s. still even if you have a "quick" Galas he can move only 3hexes on cave and still has 30% defence. no difference here.
Calling a spear a spoon and then saying "our spoons are different, WINR," is kind of unsatisfying, isn't it?
NaiK0n

Post by NaiK0n »

I downloaded this mod from 1.11.x add-on server. At the beginning of first scenerio of its first episode it shows a warning "<invalid WML found> The key 'protect_leader' is deprecated and support will be removed in version 1.12.0".
After clicking on 'End Turn' it shows 6 more warnings like "<invalid WML found> "Sylvan Essence" follows a deprecated format for its description, using its name as the first line. Support for that format will be removed in 1.12" with different names in place of 'Sylvan Essence' in each warning. I didnt find any warning in rest of the scenrio.
Again at the start of the second scenerio I got a different 'invalid WML found' warning and one warning on clicking the End Turn button.
Will these warnings affect my gameplay in any way?
My Wesnoth version is 1.11.5. Mod's version is 1.90.7. I have included all the images reporting warnings.
Attachments
Second scenerio
Second scenerio
First scenerio
First scenerio
First scenerio . After clicking End Turn.
First scenerio . After clicking End Turn.
Ranger

Post by Ranger »

No, the campaign itself runs fine. At least until we'll have 1.12 to play with. Btw you can remove long stacks of messages by openin' console (shift+":") and typing "clear". Hope this helps.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

actualy you can also just press strg x.
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

NaiK0n wrote:Will these warnings affect my gameplay in any way?
They have absolutely no effect on the gameplay, just get rid of them using any method you like. It is just a warning that something will be changed in future versions, but after that change, this will cause only a petty display problem. I believe that shadowm knows about this, just hasn't uploaded an update yet.
NaiK0n

Post by NaiK0n »

Thanks everybody for quick answers and clarification. So, i will play this mod and its sequel 'After the storm'. Looks like an amazing mod.
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Invasion from the Unknown (1.90.7.1) for Wesnoth 1.10 &

Post by Iris »

Indeed I am aware of the issue with ability and weapon special descriptions in 1.11.x, and it’s been fixed in my work-in-progress IftU tree and AtS (starting from 0.9.0) for quite a while. Since it doesn’t have any real impact on gameplay, as noted above, I haven’t bothered with patching version 1.90.7 yet. If people find actual game-breaking bugs before 2.0.0 is ready, I’ll look into reconciling the relevant patches against 1.90.7.1. Otherwise... 1.90.7.2 is not very likely to happen at this point.
shadowm wrote:The thing is, I am actually working on a long due revision (actually dangerously close to a near-complete rewrite at this point) of the campaign and I have dealt with a few existing bugs in the process, and I’ll probably find and fix even more before I am finished with this. I suppose you could still post about bugs other than the deprecation notices, but I can’t promise fixes for anything that doesn’t outright crash Wesnoth until I am done with the rewrite.

(I am only at scenario 7 at the moment even though I started this effort a couple of months ago, because I have been simultaneously busy with artwork for IftU, its completed sequel AtS, and two other add-ons. Hopefully this will improve soon.)
Since I am posting in this thread again, I might as well mention that I am at the cutscene following scenario 8 now.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Bob_The_Mighty

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

A while ago I played through this campaign and got quite far into the sequel but I don't think I quite finished the whole thing. It had good solid gameplay, but the backstory was lost on me as I've never finished UtBs. I'm not really one for single-player campaigns.

Anyway, I made a some notes on bugs and stuff as I went along, but I'm no longer sure what they all mean. Sorry I can't be more precise. I was playing version 1.90.7 on Wesnoth 1.10.5.

no defend animation for trappers
forest spirit has no standing animation
source of light scenario was good - one after was fun trying to defend the king, well timed
plague doesn't seem to work (hmm, sometimes it does)
karshas the troll killed the headhunter leader as soon as they spawned
Face your fate: maybe they should go for Anlinde
after continue to part 2: "the rest of our men"
I saw the lady of light animation appear on an enemy keep as the defence anim for an enemy lizard. i also saw an orc archer, attacking from the keep, use the trapper animation when attacking. when attacking a rayblade with Elyina (the former on a castle tile south of the latter) elynia's sprite flashed upside down on the rayblade during attacks
the araigwaith fake move down to my keep, but there's noone there - we're all at the top
shadows of time: i had won by turn 25, but no early turns bonus meant i hung around with all the villages milking xp and getting gold
i like how it introduces new chaos units as it goes on
runner drone ranged noise is way loud
what do bonus victories do? i expected some reward, but got nothing that i noticed
battalion scenario said there was no early bonus, but the end of scenario report said there was, but by the time i started the next proper scenario i didn't seem to get the bonus after all
dawn of the great war: unsure who the teal/turquoise units are (death all allies in Victory objectives)
aragwarith archer ranged animation is very wobbly
is there any point killing the matrix cores?
dawn of the great war was very easy, i recalled 6 units but the ai allies overwhelmed the enemy by turn 15. turn 16 i went south
how come thunderbirds can move on impassable? thunderbird somehow skipped over my unit and attacked it from its new position behind my lines!
matrix flow system has no resistances - nor the castle towers
the heart: i stole all the north east villages so purple and green sent loads of headhunters along the bottom to the west, even as i mounted my invasion in the east
dark hive: no crystal image on 11,20, by far the hardest, i thought it would end there
by the time we rescued ledinor I'd forgotten who he was
elynia thorns is pointless
Welcome to the lair - the petrified wear off on turn refresh
by the time i killed the chimera, there was no cockatrices left, no yellows in fact, and nothing to 'look' at

Sorry again for the vague feedback. I hope some of this is of use.
My current projects:
MP pirate campaign: The Altaz Mariners
RPG sequel: Return to Trent
MP stealth campaign: Den of Thieves
tcaldas

Post by tcaldas »

I read in the forum something about Elynia transformation and it would be related to "Under the Sands" scenario.
But I didn't undestand exactly what, where nor how it is. Can someone tell me, please ?
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

tcaldas wrote:I read in the forum something about Elynia transformation and it would be related to "Under the Sands" scenario.
But I didn't undestand exactly what, where nor how it is. Can someone tell me, please ?
It’s a... ‘feature’ that has long since been removed. Nothing important.
Scaeb

Post by Scaeb »

In the scenario "Crossfire" I've just killed a chaos invader with a walking corpse. "Plague" did not work: the chaos invader did not rise from the dead to fight on my side. -- As far as I understand, chaos invaders are ordinary humans (loyal to the chaos lorekeepers), so I was buffled.

This is unexpected (bug?,) any comments?

(Wesnoth 1.11.7, Mac)