Wesnoth 11.6 & 11.7 linux .deb build

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

HaChol

Wesnoth 11.6 & 11.7 linux .deb build

Post by HaChol »

Hey...
unfortunately I did not succeed in compile my wesnoth 11.6 .deb package - wether cmake nor scons- I need help.

Is there already a succesful build, that can be downloaded and installed?

Would be nice I you could send me some suggestions..

thanks you -
The fruit of a righteous man is the tree of life, and the wise man acquires souls.
And I said, I will perish with my nest, and I will multiply days as the chol.
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Wesnoth 11.6 & 11.7 linux .deb build

Post by Iris »

Uh, Experimental Corner isn’t a good place for this question at all, so I’ve moved this topic to the correct section. (Also, the version numbers are 1.11.x, not 11.x).

What distribution are you using? `sudo apt-get build-dep wesnoth` should be a good starting point for pulling Wesnoth’s dependencies if your distribution already includes a 1.10.x or 1.11.x version and you have source repositories enabled in your configuration. More generally, in order to help you with building we’ll need to see the actual errors you are getting.

Mentioning your current distribution would also allow people to recommend contributed pre-built packages if you give up on building from source.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
HaChol

Post by HaChol »

Hello Shadowm,

you are right it is 1.11.6 - it is a typo, sorry for that. :hmm:
Yes I have an Ubuntu system and wesnoth 1.11.4 installed right now, but ...

but.. unfortunately the wesnoth-server is only running 1.11.6 and .7-testing, says the error message, so ..

so .. I tried to complie 1.11.6 from the sources (tar-ball) 1st with config, make, make install, but did not succide. 2nd I read the help texts then and the hints to use scons or cmake and did some extensive tries, but I failed and reached my abilities so far.

I did ask for help because I did not found a pre-compiled .dep package of wesnoth 1.11.6 -game & server, online.

Do you run 1.11.6 or .7 versions?

Thak you for the help.. ^_^
The fruit of a righteous man is the tree of life, and the wise man acquires souls.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

If you're trying to run wesnoth 1.11.7 on Ubuntu 64-bit, I might make that debian package for you.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

HaChol wrote:Yes I have an Ubuntu system
What is the exact system version? (as in 12.04, 12.10, and so on.)
HaChol wrote:so .. I tried to complie 1.11.6 from the sources (tar-ball) 1st with config, make, make install, but did not succide. 2nd I read the help texts then and the hints to use scons or cmake and did some extensive tries, but I failed and reached my abilities so far.
If you want help with this, you absolutely must provide us with the build or configuration output (<wesnoth dir>/build/config.log in the scons case, the immediate command line output for cmake), or the exact output of any other command you used that displayed an error.

Since configuring your environment to build Wesnoth and learning to do so is usually a one-time-only thing as long as you don’t switch platforms, it may be more productive in the long run to just get this right instead of using precompiled packages, especially given that Wesnoth development versions are quickly moving targets.

@Dugi: 1.11.6 is the latest released version, not 1.11.7.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

I also support the release of 'official' 1.11.6 build, specifically for Ubuntu (13.10 Saucy Salamander amd64).
Can't seem to play at official servers on .11 branch without it, as it only lets 11.6's in, not 11.4's, which is the latest build on Rhonda's repository as of now.

*suddenly appearing out of nowhere with first post since 2012 :lol2: *
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

Wesnoth is really easy to build, it just takes a while on a slower machine.

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get build-dep wesnoth
Then download Wesnoth and compile as per the readme, I recommend scons if you are using Ubuntu- ppas are nice but it's good to be self sufficient with your favorite cool programs :D
Rhonda
Site Administrator

Post by Rhonda »

I'm sorry for the late response, both in the thread here and in doing the work, but my PPA is finally up to pace again, it has 1.11.7: https://launchpad.net/~rhonda/+archive/wesnoth-devel/ (it's still waiting for the build, but that's only a matter of a few hours).

Enjoy, and again, sorry for the late reaction.
Rhonda
HaChol

Post by HaChol »

Thank you - Rhonda - very much, for your kind support and work.

Now, that said, wesnoth 1.11 is already another step ahead...