Introduce yourself here!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Cindyandthecat

password?

Post by Cindyandthecat »

Hi Lipk,

I started at Ubuntu Software Center, I clicked on Battle for Wesnoth (1.10) which gave me a screen with an option to "install". I clicked on "install" and another smaller screen superimposed on the first labeled, "Authenticate" Writen in the box is, "To install or remove software, you need to authenticate. An application is attempting to perform an action that requires privileges. Authentication is required to perform this action." There is a box below this saying "Password:" afterwhich I can click on either "cancel" or "authenticate"

Where do I get the password or how do I make one up and enter it so all is happy?

Thank you for your direction as I am lost

Cindy
GunChleoc
Translator

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by GunChleoc »

Type the password you use with your Ubuntu login. This is an Ubuntu function to help protect you from hackers installing software that you don't want.
capristo

Post by capristo »

new here from Chicago but currently in Québec.
I run The Cathedral of Attnam, the website for the Iter Vehemens ad Necem (IVAN) roguelike, one of the few other games I've ever gotten into. I'd highly recommend it! Moria and Minecraft are the others. Wesnoth is the only subforum we have for another game, mostly for multiplayer tourneys

I think I've started Heir to the Throne 5 or 6 times and stopped half way through, frustrated with losing my level 2/3 guys. This time around I'm doing better and making use of terrain, strategic retreats, and recruiting dispensable level 1s, as harsh as that is. Just want to say hi. Also liked playing Colosseum multiplayer
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

capristo wrote:I think I've started Heir to the Throne 5 or 6 times and stopped half way through, frustrated with losing my level 2/3 guys. This time around I'm doing better and making use of terrain, strategic retreats, and recruiting dispensable level 1s, as harsh as that is. Just want to say hi. Also liked playing Colosseum multiplayer
I hope you're not under the impression that it's always bad to lose a high-level unit. Sometimes you need to sacrifice them, and there are always new levelups coming in to take their place. Don't fall into the trap of playing Wesnoth like Fire Emblem and trying desperately to keep every "important" unit alive. Wesnoth isn't meant to be played like that. :)
l3h3l

Post by l3h3l »

Hi, my name is l3h3l, I playing this game a couple of years, with shorter-longer breaks. I joined last year here, but due my college duties, I quit for while, I read the forum occasionally, but I didn't sign in, just browsing, until now. I like the add-ons for this game+ the multiplayer gave me an endless fun, even I got addicted to it, when I played early on. Even with some years experience behind still learn new things every day.
Marc0

Post by Marc0 »

Hi, my name's Marc, and i play to wesnoth since 3-4 months.
IRL I live in France (my english is not very good I hope that there are not a lot of mistake, you can correct me) and I'm a student at an university.
I don't know what add
Can you say me about important topic, i don't know where to start, thanks
Lehen

Post by Lehen »

Hello, I am Lehen. One of the games that got me really hooked to video gaming was Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Around the same time, I spent quite a lot of time playing with friends at Advance Wars. I then discovered Fire Emblem, then the original Final Fantasy Tactics, Disgaea, Wild Arms XF and Tactics Ogre among other titles. I had been playing Battle for Wesnoth very sporadically over the past three years or so, but found the time to go through a whole campaign only recently. I look forward to enjoy playing again and if possible, contribute in some way this time. =)
nexinor

Post by nexinor »

Hello there. I am nexinor. I discovered Wesnoth when i was younger. it's a pretty cool game and i'm happy i found it.
danwar123

hello there.

Post by danwar123 »

i'm new to wesnoth.
iv'e ben playing for less than a year,and i just signed up for da fourms.
iuf there is a topic/thread for dis,lemme know.
:| :hmm:

[Yes, I think there is. Welcome to the forums; have a nice stay.]
Last edited by 8680 on September 8th, 2013, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged thread from Off-Topic.
lysiar

Post by lysiar »

Hi, I'am Lysiar. I'am french, living near Paris. I'm playing Wesnoth for some months and I really like this game.
But most of all, I really like it open source and open for modding ! :)
Shine4Him

Post by Shine4Him »

Hey yall, you can call me Shine! I just started playing this game this week, so i am pretty much a noob. :P I had been looking for a game... any game... that would work on my real old computer haha! I am lucky to have found such a great game! I hope to get to know many of yall on here, and see you in game as well!
Boliche

Post by Boliche »

Hello all, I am Thomas from Germany. While currently beta testing Fantasy Kommander I have read about this game in the beta forum. A pity I did not know about it earlier. I have played SSI's Fantasy General a lot decades ago and am looking forward to play a multiplayer game as soon as I have learned the basics of the game. Good gaming!
Bandurria

Post by Bandurria »

Hi everyone. I am Bandurria from Bariloche, Argentina.
See you in the field
Doomchicken

Post by Doomchicken »

Hi. I'm Doomchicken. I've been playing Wesnoth for a while, but I just joined the forums yesterday.
Zaealix

Post by Zaealix »

Hello, one and all!
I'm Zaealix, and I've recently been shown this game and taken an interest in it!