[Complete] The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 4th edition

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TheBlackThunderX9

Re: The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 4th edition (Reserve lis

Post by TheBlackThunderX9 »

Whoo! One day to go! I can feel the tension in the atmosphere, I can feel the hellish, demonic flames bursting through the ground, I can feel the bravest warriors of mankind clashing against the fiercest demons, I can feel... My undead army wanting a raise in their payment.

Well! QeaPaco, if you are reading this, I will be waiting for you to come online since 8 am tomorrow :3 ( I do not want to be late for the occassion)

~Thunder out 8)
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

I'm back! But just for two days, I'll have to leave again until September 7. Life is a pain. But the good news is, after September 7 I have unlimited amounts of free time :D
Anyway, I'll address the issues that came up:

The referees are:
Abstract
neki
I didn't announce neki here because I didn't get the final confirmation. No hard feelings, I hope :)

Slackers on-line are now moved to the reserve list and replaced by Apocalyptic Recreation.

AI's unit: I get the joke but rules are rules. Trust me, it will look better, I can't say how the ceremony will look like or I'd spoil the surprise so just trust me and choose a different unit, please :wink:

And time limit's updated, sry :oops:

I'll see you all tomorrow!
Dunno
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
neki

Post by neki »

Tekelili, can you please make a nice introduction and announce the exact time once more for the opening ceremony ? I am sure some viewers forgot the time already, due to our incredibly fast paced tournament (slots get filled and only 2 weeks later we draw the groups).

Thanks,

neki
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Hello everybody,
I hope to se you all at the TGT 4 initial ceremony which will take place today (Sunday,September 1st) from 18 pm GMT.
Cheers
Dauntless
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

I am unsure if this is an spoil, but this ceremony is kinda Kill Bill Vol 1. Difference is here die Bill and in Vol2 everybody else dies... hope you like it guys, tried to concentrate lot of stuff in a short time. :)

edit: And follow initial hint: Use accelerated speed=2 and sound effects on.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

tekelili wrote:edit: And follow initial hint: Use accelerated speed=2 and sound effects on.
90 hours in MS-Paint... :whistle:

If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

The Opening Ceremony is over! Here's the replay:
TGT_Ceremony_replay.gz
(72.96 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
The Tournament will now enter the organisation week! Let me remind you to start setting up the games right away! Do not hesitate risking disqualification! The ASCII tournament table is now up to date, filled with paired up teams.
The organisation week will end, and round 1 will begin, on September 9.
That is all. Train hard and set up the dates or you'll drop out early!
Cheers,
Dunno and the TGT crew
Last edited by Dunno on September 1st, 2013, 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheBlackThunderX9

Hello. Considering today's events, in particular, QeaPaco (my teammate) not showing up for the ceremony, I'd like to issue a reserve for him, just in case he does not show up for the first match aswell. The name of that player would be Bella. Her timezone is +5.30 GMT. I hope everyone doesn't mind.
Dunno

Re: The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 4th edition (Org. week!)

Post by Dunno »

Ok, Bella is added as a reserve player for Apocalyptic Recreation team. Also, remember this rule:
- teams are FIXED, but IT'S POSSIBLE to get 1 substitute player if it's necessary to play out the round, altough in the finale games, substitutions are not allowed
So, you can play out one of the first round games with Bella as a substitute player if QeaPaco doesn't show up, and then play out the rest of the games with your original teammate.

Edit: just so we're clear, the subbing rule applies to just one game during one round. If your teammate doesn't show up at all, just kick him out.
Last edited by Dunno on September 2nd, 2013, 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

Well if he doesn't show up during the first round, i think it's safe to assume he won't show up in the subsequent rounds as well :D
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
TheBlackThunderX9

alpha1 wrote:Well if he doesn't show up during the first round, i think it's safe to assume he won't show up in the subsequent rounds as well :D
I guess that's true enough... :|
Abstract

Post by Abstract »

Thank you all for attending the ceremony.
Ariu
Bella
Bonobo
Captain_Wrathbow
ChaosRider
CrimsonKing
Darkkey
DudeGuyPersonMan
Galdrad
Gibs13
Green_Arrow
GrimReaper666
GrimsReaper
Laela
Honor
Hurricane_Drake
Ickshonpe
Mint
NanRoig
Oook
Ondrew
Player
Poliuks
RHE
Rigor
Robs
Razor
Rene
Sir_Chevy
Sulik
TheBlackThunderX9
The_Black_Sword
abhijit
deekay
demetan
dsquared
ellyk
grzywacz
jb
khiM
khorne-flakes
lipk
milwac
nagafono
nani
noob-killer
peace
plk2
tekelili
wolkenwand
qjhkj

Sorry if some names are missing.
TGT Crew
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

alpha: what are those weird units in the background of your instructional picture? You know wesnoth is at 1.10 right? :P

Question regarding the first round; if we find a time can we start before next Monday? In particular, it feels a shame to waste the weekend.
Bella

Post by Bella »

Dunno wrote:Ok, Bella is added as a reserve player for Apocalyptic Recreation team. Also, remember this rule:
- teams are FIXED, but IT'S POSSIBLE to get 1 substitute player if it's necessary to play out the round, altough in the finale games, substitutions are not allowed
So, you can play out one of the first round games with Bella as a substitute player if QeaPaco doesn't show up, and then play out the rest of the games with your original teammate.

Edit: just so we're clear, the subbing rule applies to just one game during one round. If your teammate doesn't show up at all, just kick him out.
So what happens if QeaPaco still doesn't show up in the subsequent rounds? Do I get to play permanently as thunder's teammate?
grzywacz
Inactive Developer

Post by grzywacz »

24h have passed and we're still waiting for any kind of reply from our 1st opponents. Starts well. :lol2: