Item shop for leaders

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
selion

Item shop for leaders

Post by selion »

It would be nice if there were an item shop in some maps, maybe available only for team leader and placed in strategical points of the map. Inventary could either be limited to 1 item or it could be customizable. Items could add either flat protection versus specifical kinds of damage, add an attack move to your hero, or change his alignment. I think they should be not meant to make your leader way stronger, but to counter strategies of your enemy.
Just some examples:
spear of twilight: add an attack move 13 2 (piercing, first strike) and change your alignment to neutral
ring of fire protection: give 40% fire resistance (does not stack with your own resistance)
cloack of chamaleon: give 70% defence in forest
(Sorry for bad spelling)
Elfarion

Re: Item shop for leaders

Post by Elfarion »

UMC like "Legend of the Invincibles" and AFAIK "Bad Moon Rising" use an inventory system.
"Each of mankind's steps towards tomorrow is a breaking of today's laws."
- Sergej Lukianenko
selion

Post by selion »

Kinda fair, it sounded weird to me that nobody thought such a simple implement :)
Anyway i'd like them included in some eras, in multiplayer games reaching with your leader a point of the map (and consequently giving up recruiting troops) to boost your defences against an overused units of your foe could add some tatctical issues.
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

It sounds to me like you've mostly played the core game and not yet tried the amazing user-made content that the Wesnoth community has produced. (or if you have, you've probably barely scratched the surface.) There's a wealth of incredible content that can be downloaded from within the game, and people have created some impressive stuff- including what you're describing and much more. Have a look at add-ons like Survival Xtreme, Colosseum, and any of Bob_the_Mighty's multiplayer scenarios; I think you'll like what you find. :)
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

IIRC Bob's RPG Era included an item shop on every map. Is that what you're thinking of?
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
selion

Post by selion »

Nice, thank you, i'm downloading it, the topic can be closed
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Sure Thing!
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well