[Complete] The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 4th edition

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dunno

Re: The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 4th edition (Sign up now

Post by Dunno »

nagafono wrote:
8.) vacant
there is still a chanse for 1 more team to be registered, am i right? hope i'll find teammate as soon as possible if so
Yes there is, and I'll tell you more: there's also a possibility to reserve a spot for 72 hours. How about it?
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
nagafono

Post by nagafono »

Dunno wrote: Yes there is, and I'll tell you more: there's also a possibility to reserve a spot for 72 hours. How about it?
no time for talk, i have to hurry up to wake up my ex-teammates of past battles :geek:
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

Ok, the last team has signed up... you know what it means!

Gather together, brave warriors of hell and earth!

The tournament you've all been waiting for shall begin on September 1, 1800 hours GMT! The opening ceremony will be held on the official wesnoth.org server, hosted by me! If you're unfamiliar with TGT opening ceremony, LINK!

Organisational stuff:

The confirmed opening team list (those teams will appear in the ceremony):

1) Noob Leavers (grzywacz & deekay) - GMT +2
2) Tentacles of the Deep (nani & peace) - GMT +2
3) Nerds R Us (The Black Sword & tekelili) - GMT +1 / GMT +2
4) RNG - Rusty Noob Gamers (Dauntless & neki) - GMT +1
5) Pffffff F.C. (NanRage & Danniel_BR) - GMT +1 / GMT -6
6) Team Name Pending (bumbadadabum & AI0867) - GMT+2
7) 99% Serious (plk2 & Oook) - GMT +2 / GMT +1
8.) The Motherlanders (nagafono & Keither) - GMT +4 / GMT +6
9) Spaghetti Bolognese (Dunno & Ethelbert) - GMT +2
10) Burning Wose Commando (Blop & Mint) - GMT +1 / GMT +9:30
11) Bounce and Bubbens (Ninety_Eyes & Orbeat) - GMT +4
12) Garuda (noob-killer & Phsyconductor) - GMT +8 / GMT +7
13) Slackers on line (anoel & aThecret) - GMT +2 / GMT +3
14) Winged Cudgels (TheEmptyLord & abhijit) - GMT -8 / GMT +5:30
15) Cerberus Team (Cerber24 & Kalfat) - GMT +2
16) Young Yippies (Ondrew & Naovy) - GMT +1

The average GMT time for TGT4 is GMT +2:15. For comparison, last edition average was GMT +1:30. That's why this time opening ceremony is held an hour later in the evening than before.

Lastly, you might have read this already, but I'll say it once more: I'll be away on holidays for the rest of August. I'll come back on August 31, just in time to start this whole thing. I'll ask my teammate, Ethelbert, to visit the forum now and then and give me a call if something urgent appears. If you want to discuss something in private, write to alpha1_pm.

That's it for now, take care and see you on!
Dunno
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
neki

Re: The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 4th edition (Reserve lis

Post by neki »

Not so fast! Before declaring the whole thing open, wouldn't it be best to actually check if the teams are active ? How many teams had both their teammates post something on this forum ?! (like me and Daunt did) Not too many, I tell you. And we had this problem previously, several teams couldn't reach their second member after the start of the tournament. Busy Alpha1 and busy Dauntless and you (Dunno) on holidays are great but not enough for the time being and for the future. Why don't you officially respond to my referee application before you leave on holidays ? (Yes and No as answers are equally fine with me).

Cheers,

neki
TheBlackThunderX9

Post by TheBlackThunderX9 »

Well, since the whole list is filled, I guess I will enter the reserves. Team name : Apocalyptic Recreation - Players : QeaPaco (GMT +1), TheBlackThunderX9 (GMT +3) 8)
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

For people that watched TGT3 Ceremony: You saw about 15% of TGT4 ceremony :eng:
When I see the old one and comapare with new one, I feel like one was a movie done in a week with 100$ budget and other is a hollywood megaproduction.

This ceremony will have better actors, better plot, better FX and lot of violence... I can promise it :twisted: . It even has a follow up already filmed.

During ceremony, some official merchandaising will be spread among participants 8)
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
Ariu

Post by Ariu »

I’d like to apply for the tournament. Name of my team is : “Team those who like to have fun". ;-) Players: Rene (GTM +2), Ariu (GTM +2). As you can see we have reflexes. :D The reserve list.
Sulik

Post by Sulik »

Why so late Ariu? :D

I just can't wait to see opening ceremony with i belive it would be the great show. :)
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

neki wrote:Nwouldn't it be best to actually check if the teams are active ? How many teams had both their teammates post something on this forum ?! (like me and Daunt did) Not too many, I tell you. And we had this problem previously, several teams couldn't reach their second member after the start of the tournament.
I support this from moment teams are registering in reserve list. I would feel very sad if anyone couldnt play this tournament, beacuse someone that wont play at all, took their spot.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
TheBlackThunderX9

tekelili wrote:
neki wrote:Nwouldn't it be best to actually check if the teams are active ? How many teams had both their teammates post something on this forum ?! (like me and Daunt did) Not too many, I tell you. And we had this problem previously, several teams couldn't reach their second member after the start of the tournament.
I support this from moment teams are registering in reserve list. I would feel very sad if anyone couldnt play this tournament, beacuse someone that wont play at all, took their spot.

Dawh, that is so sweet of you! *No sarcasm intended folks* :)
neki

Post by neki »

I do not understand why Dunno didn't reply publicly, but I am the newest addition to your referee list. I will try to be there every game to make sure you respect the official rules (not my proposed rule set, unfortunately). Make sure you CC me to every match scheduling discussion, so I make sure justice is done and the team that drags setting the time for a game is dealt with accordingly. If you don't CC me, well, there is little I can do to help. For those of you who delay the scheduling of round matches I have a sad piece of news for you: This... is... your... END!

neki out
TheBlackThunderX9

neki wrote:I do not understand why Dunno didn't reply publicly, but I am the newest addition to your referee list. I will try to be there every game to make sure you respect the official rules (not my proposed rule set, unfortunately). Make sure you CC me to every match scheduling discussion, so I make sure justice is done and the team that drags setting the time for a game is dealt with accordingly. If you don't CC me, well, there is little I can do to help. For those of you who delay the scheduling of round matches I have a sad piece of news for you: This... is... your... END!

neki out

Well said, Neki, Well said. :|
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

neki wrote: For those of you who delay the scheduling of round matches I have a sad piece of news for you: This... is... your... END!
T_T
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Seems like we have another training match for you guys:

Nerds R Us vs Slackers on line

Sunday, 1800 GMT+3.
neki

Post by neki »

I am bored. Does anybody want a pro training match vs the most difficult team in the tournament ? (double neki) I am available today, tomorrow and on Monday, since on Monday we have a bank holiday. Dauntless might replace a neki, if he happens to be available at the time we set.

Let me know as soon as possible. I hunger for Wesnoth blood!

Cheers,

neki