The Legend Begins [SP Campaign for Wesnoth 1.10 and later]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Drakilian

Re: The Legend Begins [SP Campaign for Wesnoth 1.10 and late

Post by Drakilian »

Well, so far i'm loving it, but I have no idea how i'll managed to level all of those loyal units.
Like, really, just a ridiculous amount of loyal units, you barely need an army XD
Also, I love that Faria can tell how "Cute" Jahin is through that massive suit of armor (Which looks cool as all hell by the way, nice artwork)
EDIT: Holy crap, just reached the dead caves. Oh no.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

He/she has been Shadow Master, Shadow_Master, shadowmaster, and now shadowm, but never shadow-master.
I did write shadowmaster but, the auto correct function must have changed that. :hmm:
HELL YEAH!
It works!
:mrgreen:
Like, really, just a ridiculous amount of loyal units, you barely need an army XD
Reminds me a lot about Northern Rebirth, I know. But, as the campaign progresses, most of your hero units will be recurring characters. They won't stay with for very long.
Also, I love that Faria can tell how "Cute" Jahin is through that massive suit of armor (Which looks cool as all hell by the way, nice artwork)
I wrote those dialogue on the assumption that Jahin doesn't close the visor of his helmet...
EDIT: Holy crap, just reached the dead caves. Oh no.
That scenario's a real hard one, unless you have a Lava Behemoth :twisted:

Now, it's time for screenshots:
Screen Shot 2013-08-14 at 13.21.45.png
Screen Shot 2013-08-14 at 13.21.14.png
Screen Shot 2013-08-14 at 13.22.08.png
Screen Shot 2013-08-14 at 13.22.18.png
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Hey,
i'm playing on 1.11 and it would be nice, if you were able to change the description of your abilities to the new form. You could also use #ifver to do it.
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Paulomat4 wrote:Hey,
i'm playing on 1.11 and it would be nice, if you were able to change the description of your abilities to the new form. You could also use #ifver to do it.
yeah, I was planning on fixing that when I had completed coding the next few scenarios...
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

hi, i would like to know why "divine light" is a fire attack and not an arcane attack

note: earth recuperation does not work with "frozen mountain", "frzen hill", "Rockbound Cave (hill, cave)"
intended?

also sometimes the dialoges seem a bit broken, like when you meet the leaders of the academy, Markus says that Faria dares to show her face, she answers and then the next sentence from Markus is about the magic talent from the javelineer
or at beginning of "Finding the Trolls" Kong just speaks twice as if someone says something between it

playing with 1.11.5
Attachments
TLB-1-Finding_The_Trolls.gz
(16.97 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Konrad2 wrote:hi, i would like to know why "divine light" is a fire attack and not an arcane attack
The only unit using that attack is the Prophetess. The unit already has an arcane range attack, thus that attack is set as fire
note: earth recuperation does not work with "frozen mountain", "frzen hill", "Rockbound Cave (hill, cave)"
intended?
Oops...That ability is outdated...I will fix that...
also sometimes the dialoges seem a bit broken, like when you meet the leaders of the academy, Markus says that Faria dares to show her face, she answers and then the next sentence from Markus is about the magic talent from the javelineer
Sorry about that. I didn't pay much attention to that scenario. I was planning to revise the dialogue when I had finished the campaign (currently at scenario 60a out of 78)
or at beginning of "Finding the Trolls" Kong just speaks twice as if someone says something between it
That's a bug...I must have misspelled someone's name...Fixed
Last edited by Iris on August 21st, 2013, 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed reserved color formatting (PG 1d)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Lord-Knightmare wrote:
Konrad2 wrote:hi, i would like to know why "divine light" is a fire attack and not an arcane attack
The only unit using that attack is the Prophetess. The unit already has an arcane range attack, thus that attack is set as fire
Chevalier/Crusader have this attack as fire attack
i just wondered why holy knights would have a divine attack that works with fire

correction: i meant "divine lightning"
sry
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Konrad2 wrote:
Chevalier/Crusader have this attack as fire attack
i just wondered why holy knights would have a divine attack that works with fire

correction: i meant "divine lightning"
sry
Elder Mage's Lighting Attack has fire type damage, so that's why the divine lightning is set as arcane. (But, I have just had an idea. I might change that to do both fire and lightning damage depending on the type of enemy. Need to revise WML, though)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

is it intended that Faria cant cure poison on lvl 3?

Dead Caves is like: oh CRAP where is the white flag so i can surrender?! (note: i play on Hard)

EDIT: when you lvl a Lava Giant it asks you to chose between two identical Lava Behemoths

EDIT 2: "Impressing Drakes": is there any reason that I have to defeat 40 orcs? I mean, after i killed 40 of them the objective chaanges into killing their leaders, so why not say from beginning that i have to kill them all?

why the dragon has to give such tasks :(

at end of "The Fort" you get rewarded for killing the nagas (in my case 600 gold) and THEN scenario is over and only 80% of my reward gets carried over to next scenario (480 gold) is that intended? if not i would recommend to make giving the reward happen when i get back to the dragon

btw why do the units from side 2 in "The Forest of Fear" not walk to me and attack me?

in "Introductions" the shroud gets not updated when the units move, means that most of the conversation is made while you just see cave tiles at beginning of map

will i ever get the elementals back which i was unable to "summon" in "The Last Forest"? btw i can still recall Lava Behemoths, Nymphs, Ice Shells, Lava Giants, Stone Golems, Sylphs, Brazier Imps, and Furnace Beasts while every other elemental is away from my recall list (i am unable to summon them right? they arnt destroyed if i dont summon to begin with right?) its rly depressing to lose 13 Stone Giants and a lot of forest elementals and water and air elementals :(
pls give them back!

ghouls dont get damaged by the explosion of the orb of power

elvish hunters are kinda...useless they dont seem to get any special amla and are damned to be lvl 1 for ever...

Death Baron Line lacks submerge
Attachments
boss scenario 2
boss scenario 2
boss scenario 1 (seems to happen only in boss scenarios)
boss scenario 1 (seems to happen only in boss scenarios)
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Konrad2 wrote:is it intended that Faria cant cure poison on lvl 3?
Yeah, that is intentional.
Dead Caves is like: oh CRAP where is the white flag so i can surrender?! (note: i play on Hard)
Can you post a replay on that difficulty? I never tried it on hard and thus, that difficulty is unbalanced...
EDIT: when you lvl a Lava Giant it asks you to chose between two identical Lava Behemoths
Another Bug...Needs to be fixed....
EDIT 2: "Impressing Drakes": is there any reason that I have to defeat 40 orcs? I mean, after i killed 40 of them the objective chaanges into killing their leaders, so why not say from beginning that i have to kill them all?
Well, first the drakes and saurians want to see your prowless in battle and then they decide to defeat the leaders...
why the dragon has to give such tasks :(
He wants to see if you're worthy to be aided by the mighty drakes.
at end of "The Fort" you get rewarded for killing the nagas (in my case 600 gold) and THEN scenario is over and only 80% of my reward gets carried over to next scenario (480 gold) is that intended? if not i would recommend to make giving the reward happen when i get back to the dragon
Another Bug - Needs to be fixed...
btw why do the units from side 2 in "The Forest of Fear" not walk to me and attack me?
The Units under Queen Cydia won't attack. They just defend the forest.
in "Introductions" the shroud gets not updated when the units move, means that most of the conversation is made while you just see cave tiles at beginning of map
Worked properly on Wesnoth 1.9.3. Can you please post a save file for that scenario?

Wait, I know the cause of this one. It's due to changes introduced in Wesnoth 1.11.5 (TLB is being play-tested on 1.10.x) and some macros extensively used in the campaign have no effect when removing shroud and fog simultaneous in the development branch...
will i ever get the elementals back which i was unable to "summon" in "The Last Forest"?
Sorry, Zenthos disintegrated them... :(
btw i can still recall Lava Behemoths, Nymphs, Ice Shells, Lava Giants, Stone Golems, Sylphs, Brazier Imps, and Furnace Beasts while every other elemental is away from my recall list (i am unable to summon them right? they arnt destroyed if i dont summon to begin with right?)
Another Bug - Needs to be fixed.
its rly depressing to lose 13 Stone Giants and a lot of forest elementals and water and air elementals :(
Impressive. (On a side note, water elementals won't be useful at all unless you plan to attack the vampires from the lakes in scenario Brother Against Brother)
pls give them back!
Maybe in a futre release I just might do that... :wink:
ghouls dont get damaged by the explosion of the orb of power
Another Bug - Needs to be Fixed.
elvish hunters are kinda...useless they dont seem to get any special amla and are damned to be lvl 1 for ever...
Initially, they could advance to Elvish Prowlers but those units were removed. I can put them back on if you like, but they would unbalance later scenarios....
Death Baron Line lacks submerge
I wanted to give it submerge but dropped the thought. I want to know why the Death Knight (mainline) isn't given the submerge ability? Do you know the answer to that?

As for the screenshots, it's due to a macro copied from AtS (Obviously, I didn't use it properly....)

Thank you for posting feed-back. I shall try my utmost best to fix the aforementioned bugs.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

here you go with the replay

btw, why not add the story of 3rd chapter of campaign at the first side of this thread?
Attachments
TLB-1-Dead_Caves_replay.gz
(63.95 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Konrad2 wrote: btw, why not add the story of 3rd chapter of campaign at the first side of this thread?
That one's still in the works...
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

"Assault on Azorgath": why do the Aragwaith swarm my keep? and why does the Vampire leader side 4 (the one in the center of the town and who owns all villages of the town) not get any gold per village?! thats like giving someone a looooot of gold but only keep where he can recruit one unit per turn

btw, it would be nice if you were to remove the mountains from this map

how about to let any unit drown that stands in deep water after bridge disappears? (including enemy ones)
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Konrad2 wrote:"Assault on Azorgath": why do the Aragwaith swarm my keep? and why does the Vampire leader side 4 (the one in the center of the town and who owns all villages of the town) not get any gold per village?! thats like giving someone a looooot of gold but only keep where he can recruit one unit per turn
The ally tries to protect you. The AI doesn't behave as intelligently as I though it would, so I had make that adjustment instead...
I didn't give any village gold to the enemy leaders, since they would outnumber, to a great extent...
btw, it would be nice if you were to remove the mountains from this map
I kept them for the player (you) to form a defensive wall with Stone Titans and congregate the attacks of the enemy at the centre...
how about to let any unit drown that stands in deep water after bridge disappears? (including enemy ones)
Good idea...I shall implement that feature in a later release... :D

Thank you for the feed-back again.... :D
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

about the mountains: because i play on hard, i dont have any gold to do that, instead those mountains let te aragwaiths lose the advantage of the sand, making them easy prey for the hordes of vampires, who now have 60%, instead of 30% defense (the yellow aragwaiths only attack when the vampires are CROSSING the mountain, because thats exactly how far their movement range goes)

btw do you think i am not flooded with more then 120 vampires charging at me?

also i dont have enough elementals to do so, because most elementals of mine were reduced to dust (excluding those who miracolously survived, i have !6! elementals, 4 of them stone titans)

EDIT: gargoyles sound like vampire bats when they get hit/die
(blood hulks sound like ghouls, but i think this one is intended)

btw, will the yellow aragwaith ever join the fight, before the enemy is in range? if not, then the aragwaith at the right top corner of the map are rly useless to the player (the option to make them charge at the enemy would be very useful)