The Legend Begins [SP Campaign for Wesnoth 1.10 and later]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Drakilian

Re: The Legend Begins [SP Campaign for Wesnoth 1.10 and late

Post by Drakilian »

@knightmare
I did. I was using the 1.11 version before this, it still had the lava giant error though, so I downloaded the non-outdated version, and I encountered a completely different problem. (The error report I just mentioned.)
bumbadadabum
Developer

Post by bumbadadabum »

Drakilian wrote:Thank you :)
EDIT: Yyyyyeeeeeeaaaaaaah, the one I downloaded from that server was somehow worse. I received a message (which I am unable to copy) that was about a paragraph long, it seemed to focus on something called animation 8. Then it told me that scenario one was unknown. And then it went back to the homescreen. I think i'll just wait for the 1.11 one, haha :)
This is probably because there is a macro in there that's no longer in the game in 1.11.
Lord-Knightmare
Forum Regular
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

For 1.11.x players only:

To play the latest (development) version:
1. Connect to trunk add-ons server (addons.wesnoth.org:15004)
2. Download War of Legends and The Legend Begins
Drakilian

Post by Drakilian »

Macro/file 'ANIMATION_08_INTERNAL' is missing at add-ons/The_Legend_Begins/utils/terrain-graphics.cfg:152 included from add-ons/The_Legend_Begins/_main.cfg:223 included from core/terrain-graphics/builder.cfg:37 included from core/_main.cfg:6 included from main.cfg18 included from core/terrain-graphics/internal-generic.cfg:24 included from core/main.cfg:6 included from main.cfg:18 included from core/terrain-graphics/overlay.cfg:9 included from core/_main.cfg:6 included from main.cfg18 included from core/terrain-graphics/overlay.cfg 139 included from core/_main.cfg:6 included from main.cfg:18 included from add-ons/The_Legend_Begins/utils/terrain-graphics.cfg:155 included from add-ons/The_Legend_Begins/_main.cfg:223

Unknown scenario: '1_Rebellion'

I told you, I already downloaded the up-to-date version, and all I got were these two error reports, it's not working. (Damn that took forever to type)
I already have the "War of Legends" era and "The legend begins", both of them from the server that you gave me, it still shows this exact message whenever I try to play.
Lord-Knightmare
Forum Regular
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Found the error, solved it and uploaded fixed version on 1.11.x add-on server. :mrgreen:

And Eid Mubarak everybody! :D
Drakilian

Post by Drakilian »

Eid Mubarak?
Anyways, I have new errors this time
Undefined macro in #ifver#ifnver first argument at add-ons/The_Legend_Begins/utils/terrain-graphics.cfg:106 included from add-ons/The_Legend_Begins/_main.cfg:31
Undefined macro in #ifver#ifnver first argument at add-ons/War_of_Legends/_main.cfg:31

Unknown scenario: '1_Rebellion”
(and the same unknown scenario error)
raoni

Post by raoni »

Thanks
i discovered that the walls blowed up by stepping in a certain hexe, then I moved all my units close to it and passed the "street"; afterr that it was easy
by th way... what is phalanks formation?
Drakilian

Post by Drakilian »

raoni wrote:Thanks
i discovered that the walls blowed up by stepping in a certain hexe, then I moved all my units close to it and passed the "street"; afterr that it was easy
by th way... what is phalanks formation?
A Phalanx is a rectangular formation, usually of heavy infantrymen armed with Pikes, Spears, Sarisas and other weapons of the kind. Excellent against Cavalry, and for defensive purposes.
raoni

Post by raoni »

Ok, thanks
Drakilian

Post by Drakilian »

And now it's just showing the lava giant error, i'm no longer getting the ones I mentionned before (and yes, this is on the up-to-date one)
EDIT: Nevermind, it's happening again... it's really on and off.
Lord-Knightmare
Forum Regular

Anyways, I have new errors this time
Undefined macro in #ifver#ifnver first argument at add-ons/The_Legend_Begins/utils/terrain-graphics.cfg:106 included from add-ons/The_Legend_Begins/_main.cfg:31
Undefined macro in #ifver#ifnver first argument at add-ons/War_of_Legends/_main.cfg:31

(and the same unknown scenario error)
Fixed it (<---- I would written this in green, but an moderator removes it....) :lol2:
Eid Mubarak?
The day I posted that was the first day of Eid-ul-Fitr...and hence, the greeting... :D
And now it's just showing the lava giant error, i'm no longer getting the ones I mentionned before (and yes, this is on the up-to-date one)
EDIT: Nevermind, it's happening again... it's really on and off.
I fixed that as well. Check the 1.11.x add-on server for version 0.3.9 update. :)
This was a careless mistake in my part...sorry everyone... :oops:

More about the Phalanx Formation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phalanx_formation
---> Useful in playing scenario Land of Blood - Episode 3

BTW, I could really use feed-back about the latest scenario - Land of Blood. It's kinda hard to my perspective (I am only a moderate player - not good but not bad either) and I finished it with extremely heavy losses (Loss my 3 Iron Maulers :( and an Orcish Warlord in addition to fodder units)
Drakilian

Post by Drakilian »

These exact errors :(
(for some reason it's also mentioning the "after the storm" add-on, as well as the after the storm music. I have no idea why. Going to just try and install-uninstall everything...)
EDIT: Did absolutely nothing.
And for some reason, After the storm keeps on coming up. Wait a sec while I type it up...
ERROR DETAILS:
Undefined macro in #ifver/#ifnver first argument at add-ons/After_the_Storm/_main.cfg: 94
Undefined macro in #ifver/#ifnver first argument at add-ons/AtS_Music_main.cfg:54
Undefined macro in #ifver#ifnver first argument at add-ons/The_Legend_Begins/utils/terrain-graphics.cfg:106 included from add-ons/The_Legend_Begins/_main.cfg:223

Unknown scenario: '1_Rebellion

Sorry for pestering you with this, but I honestly have no idea how to fix this myself (Or why after the storm was mentioned in an error report when I was trying to play the legend begins)
I'm using a mac if that helps in any way.
Lord-Knightmare
Forum Regular

:hmm: This is weird.
TLB loads just fine in Wesnoth 1.11.5.
I'm using a mac if that helps in any way.
What a coincidence! I use one as well! :D
Sorry for pestering you with this, but I honestly have no idea how to fix this myself
Don't be sorry. You have a problem so you should report it.
Wait a sec while I type it up...
Has the thought of taking and uploading a screenshot selection ever occurred to you? (shift+command+4)
Undefined macro in #ifver/#ifnver first argument at add-ons/After_the_Storm/_main.cfg: 94
Undefined macro in #ifver/#ifnver first argument at add-ons/AtS_Music_main.cfg:54
Perhaps you might want to contact the great shadow-master.

Drakilian, please tell me which Wesnoth version you are using. The Legend Begins loads in Wesnoth 1.11.5 and later versions only. I have no idea of what happens with the earlier ones in the 1.11.x branch...
Moderator Emeritus

Post by 8680 »

Lord-Knightmare wrote:Has the thought of taking and uploading a screenshot selection ever occurred to you? (shift+command+4)
It should be noted that keyboard shortcuts are often customizable, and should not in general be assumed to remain constant across all systems. E.g., on my Mac, this would be Control+Shift+3.
Lord-Knightmare wrote:Perhaps you might want to contact the great shadow-master.
He/she has been Shadow Master, Shadow_Master, shadowmaster, and now shadowm, but never shadow-master.
Drakilian

Post by Drakilian »

HELL YEAH!
It works!