The Legend Begins [SP Campaign for Wesnoth 1.10 and later]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Drakilian

Re: The Legend Begins [SP Campaign for Wesnoth 1.10 and late

Post by Drakilian »

@knightmare
I did. I was using the 1.11 version before this, it still had the lava giant error though, so I downloaded the non-outdated version, and I encountered a completely different problem. (The error report I just mentioned.)
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

Drakilian wrote:Thank you :)
EDIT: Yyyyyeeeeeeaaaaaaah, the one I downloaded from that server was somehow worse. I received a message (which I am unable to copy) that was about a paragraph long, it seemed to focus on something called animation 8. Then it told me that scenario one was unknown. And then it went back to the homescreen. I think i'll just wait for the 1.11 one, haha :)
This is probably because there is a macro in there that's no longer in the game in 1.11.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

For 1.11.x players only:

To play the latest (development) version:
1. Connect to trunk add-ons server (addons.wesnoth.org:15004)
2. Download War of Legends and The Legend Begins
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Drakilian

Post by Drakilian »

Macro/file 'ANIMATION_08_INTERNAL' is missing at add-ons/The_Legend_Begins/utils/terrain-graphics.cfg:152 included from add-ons/The_Legend_Begins/_main.cfg:223 included from core/terrain-graphics/builder.cfg:37 included from core/_main.cfg:6 included from main.cfg18 included from core/terrain-graphics/internal-generic.cfg:24 included from core/main.cfg:6 included from main.cfg:18 included from core/terrain-graphics/overlay.cfg:9 included from core/_main.cfg:6 included from main.cfg18 included from core/terrain-graphics/overlay.cfg 139 included from core/_main.cfg:6 included from main.cfg:18 included from add-ons/The_Legend_Begins/utils/terrain-graphics.cfg:155 included from add-ons/The_Legend_Begins/_main.cfg:223

Unknown scenario: '1_Rebellion'

I told you, I already downloaded the up-to-date version, and all I got were these two error reports, it's not working. (Damn that took forever to type)
I already have the "War of Legends" era and "The legend begins", both of them from the server that you gave me, it still shows this exact message whenever I try to play.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Found the error, solved it and uploaded fixed version on 1.11.x add-on server. :mrgreen:

And Eid Mubarak everybody! :D
Drakilian

Post by Drakilian »

Eid Mubarak?
Anyways, I have new errors this time
Undefined macro in #ifver#ifnver first argument at add-ons/The_Legend_Begins/utils/terrain-graphics.cfg:106 included from add-ons/The_Legend_Begins/_main.cfg:31
Undefined macro in #ifver#ifnver first argument at add-ons/War_of_Legends/_main.cfg:31

Unknown scenario: '1_Rebellion”
(and the same unknown scenario error)
raoni

Post by raoni »

Thanks
i discovered that the walls blowed up by stepping in a certain hexe, then I moved all my units close to it and passed the "street"; afterr that it was easy
by th way... what is phalanks formation?
Drakilian

Post by Drakilian »

raoni wrote:Thanks
i discovered that the walls blowed up by stepping in a certain hexe, then I moved all my units close to it and passed the "street"; afterr that it was easy
by th way... what is phalanks formation?
A Phalanx is a rectangular formation, usually of heavy infantrymen armed with Pikes, Spears, Sarisas and other weapons of the kind. Excellent against Cavalry, and for defensive purposes.
raoni

Post by raoni »

Ok, thanks
Drakilian

Post by Drakilian »

And now it's just showing the lava giant error, i'm no longer getting the ones I mentionned before (and yes, this is on the up-to-date one)
EDIT: Nevermind, it's happening again... it's really on and off.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Anyways, I have new errors this time
Undefined macro in #ifver#ifnver first argument at add-ons/The_Legend_Begins/utils/terrain-graphics.cfg:106 included from add-ons/The_Legend_Begins/_main.cfg:31
Undefined macro in #ifver#ifnver first argument at add-ons/War_of_Legends/_main.cfg:31

(and the same unknown scenario error)
Fixed it (<---- I would written this in green, but an moderator removes it....) :lol2:
Eid Mubarak?
The day I posted that was the first day of Eid-ul-Fitr...and hence, the greeting... :D
And now it's just showing the lava giant error, i'm no longer getting the ones I mentionned before (and yes, this is on the up-to-date one)
EDIT: Nevermind, it's happening again... it's really on and off.
I fixed that as well. Check the 1.11.x add-on server for version 0.3.9 update. :)
This was a careless mistake in my part...sorry everyone... :oops:

More about the Phalanx Formation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phalanx_formation
---> Useful in playing scenario Land of Blood - Episode 3

BTW, I could really use feed-back about the latest scenario - Land of Blood. It's kinda hard to my perspective (I am only a moderate player - not good but not bad either) and I finished it with extremely heavy losses (Loss my 3 Iron Maulers :( and an Orcish Warlord in addition to fodder units)
Drakilian

Post by Drakilian »

These exact errors :(
(for some reason it's also mentioning the "after the storm" add-on, as well as the after the storm music. I have no idea why. Going to just try and install-uninstall everything...)
EDIT: Did absolutely nothing.
And for some reason, After the storm keeps on coming up. Wait a sec while I type it up...
ERROR DETAILS:
Undefined macro in #ifver/#ifnver first argument at add-ons/After_the_Storm/_main.cfg: 94
Undefined macro in #ifver/#ifnver first argument at add-ons/AtS_Music_main.cfg:54
Undefined macro in #ifver#ifnver first argument at add-ons/The_Legend_Begins/utils/terrain-graphics.cfg:106 included from add-ons/The_Legend_Begins/_main.cfg:223

Unknown scenario: '1_Rebellion

Sorry for pestering you with this, but I honestly have no idea how to fix this myself (Or why after the storm was mentioned in an error report when I was trying to play the legend begins)
I'm using a mac if that helps in any way.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

:hmm: This is weird.
TLB loads just fine in Wesnoth 1.11.5.
I'm using a mac if that helps in any way.
What a coincidence! I use one as well! :D
Sorry for pestering you with this, but I honestly have no idea how to fix this myself
Don't be sorry. You have a problem so you should report it.
Wait a sec while I type it up...
Has the thought of taking and uploading a screenshot selection ever occurred to you? (shift+command+4)
Undefined macro in #ifver/#ifnver first argument at add-ons/After_the_Storm/_main.cfg: 94
Undefined macro in #ifver/#ifnver first argument at add-ons/AtS_Music_main.cfg:54
Perhaps you might want to contact the great shadow-master.

Drakilian, please tell me which Wesnoth version you are using. The Legend Begins loads in Wesnoth 1.11.5 and later versions only. I have no idea of what happens with the earlier ones in the 1.11.x branch...
Moderator Emeritus

Post by 8680 »

Lord-Knightmare wrote:Has the thought of taking and uploading a screenshot selection ever occurred to you? (shift+command+4)
It should be noted that keyboard shortcuts are often customizable, and should not in general be assumed to remain constant across all systems. E.g., on my Mac, this would be Control+Shift+3.
Lord-Knightmare wrote:Perhaps you might want to contact the great shadow-master.
He/she has been Shadow Master, Shadow_Master, shadowmaster, and now shadowm, but never shadow-master.
Drakilian

Post by Drakilian »

HELL YEAH!
It works!