To Lands Unknown 3.9

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kalziver

Re: To Lands Unknown v1.6.0

Post by Kalziver »

really good work keep it up!
wobbly

Post by wobbly »

Drakefriend wrote:
Paulomat4 wrote:In the scenario, where mehir burns the corpses of tashkars soldiers he says, "i would bring your bones to Ka-gatta, but this is no longer on our way." <But he goes to ka-gatta. Didn't you rather meant Al-kamija?
Way is used here as a synonym of method, tradition, and refers to the burial rituals: The Summoners of his time do not bury their dead in catacombs (as in Ka-Gatta), but instead cremate them.
At least, that is how I see it both as player and as translator.
In English?
"this is no longer our way" is grammatically correct for a tradition.
"this is no longer on our way" reads how Paulomat4 is interpreting it.
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

Paulomat4 wrote:In the scenario, where mehir burns the corpses of tashkars soldiers he says, "i would bring your bones to Ka-gatta, but this is no longer on our way." <But he goes to ka-gatta. Didn't you rather meant Al-kamija?
Drakefriend wrote:Way is used here as a synonym of method, tradition, and refers to the burial rituals: The Summoners of his time do not bury their dead in catacombs (as in Ka-Gatta), but instead cremate them.
At least, that is how I see it both as player and as translator.
wobbly wrote:[In English?
"this is no longer our way" is grammatically correct for a tradition.
"this is no longer on our way" reads how Paulomat4 is interpreting it.
According to 06_Gates_to_the_Past.cfg in my copy of TLU, it is indeed "no longer our way".
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
wobbly

Post by wobbly »

Cool, I assume it's correct in-game then. I have to admit I was reading it off the post rather then in game when I made the comment.
Vodo

Post by Vodo »

Hello! I love the Era and the campaign so far. I'm on the Mag-Magar scenario and a hydra is stuck and unreachable in three hexes just north from the starting point. How do I kill it/ unstuck it? Thank you for your response and good luck fixing the scenario by suppressing those three hexes.
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

Vodo wrote:Hello! I love the Era and the campaign so far. I'm on the Mag-Magar scenario and a hydra is stuck and unreachable in three hexes just north from the starting point. How do I kill it/ unstuck it? Thank you for your response and good luck fixing the scenario by suppressing those three hexes.
Just checking: is that the Hydra at 22, 17 (side number 3)? Also, do you have the latest versions of both To Lands Unknown and Era of Magic? Also also, on what OS are you running BfW, and which version of BfW are you using?
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
Piko555

Post by Piko555 »

I played TLU thrice and never encountered this bug. But if you did, you may want to do a little cheat with debugger.
Vodo

Post by Vodo »

sur.nhm wrote:
Vodo wrote:Hello! I love the Era and the campaign so far. I'm on the Mag-Magar scenario and a hydra is stuck and unreachable in three hexes just north from the starting point. How do I kill it/ unstuck it? Thank you for your response and good luck fixing the scenario by suppressing those three hexes.
Just checking: is that the Hydra at 22, 17 (side number 3)? Also, do you have the latest versions of both To Lands Unknown and Era of Magic? Also also, on what OS are you running BfW, and which version of BfW are you using?
I'm not so good with computers so i can tell you the Hydra is from the third opponent. I don't know what 22, 17 stands for and i don't know where to find that information. I downloaded both the Era and the campaign and the images file recently (during july). I'm using windows 7 using the 1.10.6
//
About the cheat, I'll look how to use that, thanks for the tip.
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

@Vodo: 22, 17 are the coordinates of the particular hex the Hydra is standing on - you can see them at the top right corner of the screen when you mouse over that hex. Looking at the release dates for the latest versions of EoMa (1.0) and TLU (1.6.0), you seem to have the latest versions. I'm not at home ATM, so I can't check if I also have this bug, but I will do so as soon as I will return, as well as take a look at the scenario's code and the terminal output. That said, your stderr.txt and stdout.txt files might help me find the problem - here's how to find them.

EDIT: I have checked (BfW v1.11.2+svn (56598-Clean) on Ubuntu 12.04), and I don't seem to encounter the bug. There's a problem with auto-storing a unit in (1,1), but I doubt that's the problem.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

"TLU Refreshed" coming soon... 8)
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

Say whaaaaaat? 8)
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

Didn't know you were around, I8. Do you know what might cause Vodo's (apparent) bug?
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

sur.nhm wrote:Do you know what might cause Vodo's (apparent) bug?
I have no idea. The hydra is scripted to be standing on a flat tile at the coordinates (22,17). I suggest waiting for the new version to come out.
Creator of Era of Magic

sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

Ah, so it's not a bug if the Hydra's supposed to stand still...?
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

First of all the hydra is not supposed to stand still - it is a typical unit created with the standard {UNIT SIDE TYPE X Y WML} macro:

Code: Select all

{UNIT 3 (EoMa_Hydra) 22 17 ()}
22,17 is a reachable location.

I have never encountered Vodo's bug and I am sure it does not exist in the upcoming new version.
Creator of Era of Magic