Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mnewton1

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.10

Post by mnewton1 »

Just so everyone knows, I am back to work on this. Since however long ago it was that I actually worked on this, I have gained actual coding knowledge. I am now putting that to use to do a ton of automation so I can keep things up to date. My progress is slow because I am very busy this summer, but I am making progress.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Avians Eagle Eye have in attack icons bow on ranged (his 2 lvl got crossbow) but this unit is using crossbow, so as a icon of ranged attack should be same from 2 lvl :], because this advance way got marksman with less strikes, other way got more strikes by bow attack (without marksman).
Evropi wrote:Found a bug. It could be SX interfering, but this was before we picked class and weapons abilities and so on.
Spoiler:

This is not a bug, some weapon specials as a drain (same for plague) are changed to other one weapon special like a magical. Know it cause i already was looking inside this addon game code :].
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
jvrlpz

Post by jvrlpz »

I believe I found a bug. Darklander units are listed as Highlanders.
SiegeTank

Post by SiegeTank »

Another bug is that mystical warriors sometimes get leadership while that is not in their description.:)

Its one of the most fun eras around. I have a question though. What is the main goal of ageless era: Is it to just copy all the factions so that we can play them all together. Or is it trying to implement some balance changes too so that the factions are more balanced even inside it?

P.S. I'm glad that you are back into maintaining the Ageless era.
Last edited by SiegeTank on July 15th, 2013, 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghite

Post by Ghite »

For the Saurian Trainee traits:

"Not sure of authors intent with this. Adding suitable traits for now."

I think the authors intent was to make it so there was a point in buying the trainee: its training gave it special abilities that could come in handy when upgraded. That is why it costs so much. Also, realize that usually you can't buy all the level zeros in a faction. Level zeros are made so it is hard to get a unit of a certain type because you have to first play it while it's weak.

Please put them back in, or at lease make them availible, because Strife is outdated.
jvrlpz

Post by jvrlpz »

jvrlpz wrote:I believe I found a bug. Darklander units are listed as Highlanders.
Forget it. I was mistaken.
globnar

Post by globnar »

I'm guessing the oos error in http://replays.wesnoth.org/1.10/2013081 ... (12618).gz is from the Ageless era.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Dont bother reporting this in ageless thread, im sure I still have some wrong/missing values in unit arrays. It is unlikely that I will fix that problem before next ageless version is released, im inactive now as no recent news about ageless update and update will surely break ORM again even if I manage to fix it before.

As such I dont think this oos is from ageless addon.
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

Bug report: AE Eltirean Siren (Level 3 unit) has no XP bar.
Favourite Eras: Ageless Era; Eastern Europe at War.
Favourite MP Map: Creep War.
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

In Abusers and Offenders unit codes (devlings) you can find some bug, both melee animation code for attack named "kick" got "hits=no".
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Ageless age of heroes have a grave bug at Mercs faction that is allowing them to recruit lv3 units by the price of a lv1. Equestrians are a faction with this problem. Please check it and fix that o_o

Well... I wanted to do more in the evening, but because I'm "a bit lazy", I didn't ballance more than 2 factions xD. I will ballance up to a maximun of 6 factions (incluiding steelhive) in this week. I'm not glad with Ageless ballance but I will help you at this.
Attachments
Change 1.rar
Just a little gift to you! 2 Mercs faction rebalanced by me. Not a perfect ballancing but indeed A BETTER one. More is incoming!!
(39.82 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Last edited by IPS on October 1st, 2013, 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Sneak and Lurker from devlings they dont have animation so here you could find animation for them (http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=39417), how about to add also next form of Devling Lurker (2 lvl Devling Cutter)?
IPS

Post by IPS »

Here I post the ballance modifiaction from Steelhive and Emperor's Guard factions.

As I post another reballance post, I will add more factions per post, but I will delay more at posting.
Attachments
Change 2.rar
Another 2 reballancing factions. This time the ballance changes were more easy for me because of less difficult job.
(38.07 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Now also devlings warrior (2lvl) and hero (3lvl) can have own animation, you can find link to them in my earlier post, also i see next ageless update wont be fast so i have big chances to make complete animation of devlings before ageless will be updated.
Criss

Bug on Ageless - Shide - Warrior Spirit - lvl2 Ancestor

Post by Criss »

When Warrior Spirit lvl up on Ancestor, it doesn't developing regenerate every time, someone can do somehow?
Thx
Criss