Son of Black-Eye issues

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Gamle

Son of Black-Eye issues

Post by Gamle »

Hello !

I like to have all campaigns finished, but the Mainline Campaign "Son of Black-eye" won't be marked as finished, even thou I've tried to play it over and over again for three times in the previous two Wesnoth updates and the current one.

Instead after the epilogue I get the text:
"Error while playing the game: game_error: invalid side(2) found in unit definition"

Then I get thrown back to the campaign lobby without it being finished.

Getting quite frustrated and can't figure out how to finish it.

Thank you in advance.

Using Windows 7 alongside the current 1.11.4 version of Wesnoth.
Adamant14

Re: Son of Black-Eye issues

Post by Adamant14 »

I had the same problem with my campaign.

See here: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 43#p551890

After removing the 'persistent=yes' key everything works fine.
Son of the Black Eye also uses 'persistent=yes' ( search in utils.cfg / #define ALBROCK_SIDE and #define FLARTAR_SIDE )
Seems using 'persistent=yes' crashes the BfW development version.
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
Gamle

Post by Gamle »

Hm, found two 'persistent=yes' and removed them both, saved the file and loaded the save at the last turn. But still same issue. Do I have to restart the whole scenario or did I do something wrong ?
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Try a saveload from a scenario before those two sides first appear.
EDIT: seems you have to go back to: id=11_Clash_of_Armies
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
Gamle

Post by Gamle »

I will do that. And thank you for the quick and really helpful advices
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Gamle wrote:I will do that. And thank you for the quick and really helpful advices
You are welcome. :)
If you played again through SoTBE, then please tell us if my answer solved the problem or not.
Gamle

Post by Gamle »

Alright, started over again mere moments ago. I'll return with an answer shortly
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Please check this Bug Report: https://gna.org/bugs/?20846
Sadly I've already deleted all my save loads.
Maybe you can help.
Do you have still a helpful saveload?
One of the old ones, which triggers those error message.
JaMiT
Inactive Developer

Post by JaMiT »

Gamle wrote:Getting quite frustrated and can't figure out how to finish it.

[...]

Using Windows 7 alongside the current 1.11.4 version of Wesnoth.
Keep in mind that the 1.11 series is the development series, which -- as advertised -- might include serious and game-breaking bugs. (Preferably it does not, but these things happen sometimes.) If you are getting frustrated, perhaps you would prefer playing the latest stable version (1.10.6) instead of playing and testing the development version? It is nice to have people testing the development version, but only if those people are willing to accept the potential problems.
Gamle

Post by Gamle »

After removing the both existing "persistent=yes" and two more attempts at the campaign it finally worked. Thank you again Adamant14
Limmeren

Post by Limmeren »

I've encountered a problem while playing the optional scenario "02 The Human Army". It seemingly has nothing to do with the OS version, but still... it was on WinXP SP3 with the Wesnoth 1.10.3, language being set to English (GB). While the scenario is intended to have an unbeatable human army, it is still possible to kill the unit Lanbec'h, the enemy leader. If this happens, the scenario ends automatically, and the "stored_helper" unit, in this case the goblin knight Higorg (id "Wolf Rider-29") never gets unstored. At the beginning of the next scenario he is not in the recall list. Moreover the status table shows two sides in the team "Kapou'e".

It seems uncertain if the future scenarios featuring new encounters with Lanbec'h will work correctly. I think he must appear next in the "11 Clash of Armies" or probably "10 Saving Inarix".

As for the storyline purposes... the situation when the enemy leader is dead and the victory is claimed needs some dialogue to clarify the reasons to flee still existing after the Earl Lanbech'h death and his army supposed retreat.
Attachments
SotBE-Toward_Mountains_of_Haag-Auto-Save1.gz
See the status table and the recall list.
(29.33 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
SotBE-The_Human_Army_Turn_11.gz
The situation before Lanbec'h death.
(31.79 KiB) Downloaded 240 times